• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
No extra graphics technology, just improvements over consoles? ie better quality.

Last edited:

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
pretty much, other than RTX I'm not sure what they could've added tbf

To be fair it already looked spectacular on console, including base models. Draw distance and all, foliage pop up was minimal, you could see grass and plants well off into the distance. I thought shadow quality was good. Fps dropped in busy areas, mostly the large towns.

4K with everything cranked up will be enough for most.

HDR is a little weird on the other hand. It doesn't look like other games that use HDR.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair it already looked spectacular on console, including base models. Draw distance and all, foliage pop up was minimal, you could see grass and plants well off into the distance. I thought shadow quality was good. Fps dropped in busy areas, mostly the large towns.

4K with everything cranked up will be enough for most.

HDR is a little weird on the other hand. It doesn't look like other games that use HDR.
Yep, I'm more than happy with what we have.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I was gonna wait. Until I realized the Steam version will make you install the Rockstar Launcher and launch the game through that every time.
Wait, what? Is this confirmed?
I plan to wait as well, playing on Stadia while I do, and then jump in on Steam once it drops there. But if what you say is right I could just go with the R launcher version right away.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. And this is from someone who had no intention of playing it (at least not on the consoles anyway). This is something I would buy just to show off my PC, and let friends who might actually want to play it play. What a looker, and it kind of makes up for not having the previous game on PC.

So they still didn't fix that?

Paragraf

May 31, 2019
Russia
ok i tryd to set up screens of the same Areas on my Pro just now to have a comparison - with some success although i could not match the camera angle because they used some edited Cinema Camera wich is not possible on Console.
Xbox one X. Time of day is a little different, obviously.
znrgFWw.jpg

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I wanted to replay it on PS4 to get the plat trophy but I just can't say no to a new playthrough on PC. It's going to be glorious.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Wanted to get an idea of what it'll actually look like on a 21:9 monitor.

Downloaded this straight from the Rockstar site, opened in VLC, set the video mode to crop to 2.39:1, fullscreen it and hit play.

Looks glorious.

2PiR

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
hollyshit...that looked glorious. Times like these makes me want to get PC. but i know I won't play a lot and end up wasting money :(

can I rent someone's PC that can run this on max for a week? lol

nss

Apr 10, 2018
Wow, that looks gorgeous. Maybe after I build a new PC, if someone can mod the controls to be as responsive as I wished they were, I might have to double dip on this. Didn't think I would consider how much I hated controlling the game on console.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I had to quit after a couple of hours on base PS4 because it was so choppy, it'll be nice to play it properly.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that looks gorgeous. Maybe after I build a new PC, if someone can mod the controls to be as responsive as I wished they were, I might have to double dip on this. Didn't think I would consider how much I hated controlling the game on console.
60fps (or higher) should already help with that

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
I plan to wait as well, playing on Stadia while I do, and then jump in on Steam once it drops there. But if what you say is right I could just go with the R launcher version right away.
LA Noire and GTAV work this way. I see no reason R* would drop this practice.

Deleted member 52407

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 23, 2019
Exodus has better lighting indoors but I think the outdoor areas look comparable, at least.

I think Red Dead 2 outdoor areas look better than this with the indoor areas looking a bit better for RTX Exodus.

It's something about Exodus' materials that still make it look game-y whereas the materials in RDR2 look more natural to my eyes. Exodus' texture detail looks really good, though. They've always had great texture detail but bad material quality.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck I wish I could play this for the first time again with those graphics
I'm actually excited to jump in again cause this time I know what's worth spending time on and what I can just skip through, and I still have all treasure hunting left to do. Plus, this awesomeness is worth revisiting!

I'm just worried that my 1080ti won't be enough and I'll get triggered to upgrade. I hoped I could wait until Nvidia launch their next serie but we'll see

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
If an Xbox One X (which has a 2012 netbook CPU) can run this game at 4K30, then can we can expect a 2015 i5 or better + 1070 being able to do 4K60?

I wouldn't expect that no. You can't do such direct comparisons between console and PC HW.

It's how GTAV on Steam works. You have to run that R* client to start the game.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If i can have the same graphics as on ps4 but with 1440p and 60 fps im more than happy. God i hope my 1070 holds for it. I dont trust the req specs yet, who knows, maybe those are for 30 fps or something.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Yes they fixed it and added a real HDR mode, and it looks very good. It's not the best out there by no means. But it's good.

It's pretty crap actually, it wasnt fixed fully, but it is an improvement over release.

I'm hoping they implement it properly this time, however PC is usually treated second class when it comes to HDR, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
It's pretty crap actually, it wasnt fixed fully, but it is an improvement over release.

I'm hoping they implement it properly this time, however PC is usually treated second class when it comes to HDR, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Yeah it's not perfect but I'd still say it's good.

But yeah, no. Don't get your hopes up for proper HDR on pc. I've yet to even enjoy HDR on pc tbh .

DonnieTC

Apr 10, 2019
4k/60fps on Stadia hopefully. Honestly thinking about picking it up there seeing as how I'm on a 7700k/1080ti and only have a 1080p monitor.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
Though I only have an i5 [email protected] I do have a 2080ti. Hopefully it can achieve 4K@60fps. Otherwise a decent compromise with an aspect ratio that fits my 21:9 monitor will do. Will the game come with a resolution slider (whatever they're called)?

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
Think there'll ever be a console save conversion tool?

That'd be amazing, but I'm not sure if it's feasible, since console save files are encrypted.

A tool was created for the FFX-X2 HD Remaster, but only because the entire PS3 system had already been hacked at that point.

As for RDR2, I've put in well over 100 hours on Xbox, but never completed the game (stopped at Chapter 4). I checked and there's no OT for the PC version of the game, but it would be nice to have a place where players can share their save files. It would be a decent workaround.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks good but not worth buying again imo. Not rewarding this "wait one year for pc version" strategy anymore to line their pockets.

Jan 10, 2018
This is actually one of a few times where I don't feel sorry for not waiting for a more enhanced version. RDR2 on console still looks absolutely mind-blowing at times.

Oct 31, 2017
I was gonna wait. Until I realized the Steam version will make you install the Rockstar Launcher and launch the game through that every time.
I'm still gonna hold out, and that's mostly because Jedi: Fallen Order previews look fantastic and that'll definitely carry me over til December. (GMG discounts suddenly appearing not-withstanding).

MizziPizzi

Feb 14, 2019
Sweden
Ive had the game on PS4 for quite a while now but still haven't gotten around to play it..Might actually wait for the PC release instead to play it in 60 FPS!
you guys think I might get 60 on my RX480 8 GB and i5 6400 2.7 GHZ(at 1080p)

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I wonder if the gamepad controls will feel much better too with the high framerate and maybe less input lag. Mouse camera aim precision is glorious but with 3rd person games I love to lean back on my chair with a controller.

I stopped playing close to launch so I don't even know if the controls got better on console with an update.

Zarathustra

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I played and finished the game last year and will be double dipping on PC based on this trailer. Will wait for the Steam release however and will probably play it with an upgrade next year.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Will buy once it hits a sale since I beat it on xbox but damn it's even prettier then my One X was

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great, but a small part of me is sad it doesn't look significantly better than the console versions. I thought we might get a peep at what any next gen version might look like with the PC release.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
I wonder if the gamepad controls will feel much better too with the high framerate and maybe less input lag. Mouse camera aim precision is glorious but with 3rd person games I love to lean back on my chair with a controller.

I stopped playing close to launch so I don't even know if the controls got better on console with an update.

Gyro aim via Steam Input..provided you don't use a gyroless controller like the Xbox ones. Just add the Rockstar Launcher to Steam, launch it from there and then launch RDR2.

I plan to play this with the Steam Controller because the analog stick input will make for better movement while gyro and trackpad aim will fix the woes of stick aiming.

Based on GTA V, yes it will feel better at higher framerate.

I'm excited to see how the game runs at 5120x1440. It should be super immersive.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Looks very crisp. I hope next-gen consoles get the same treatment for this game, that is if R* want to update the game for them.

Looks great, but a small part of me is sad it doesn't look significantly better than the console versions. I thought we might get a peep at what any next gen version might look like with the PC release.

That not gonna happen iny game released this gen, fir that they have to upgrade the whole engine and make next-gen ready which will take them years to do so. Upgradings details like shadows or tress or resolutions doesn't qualify as next-gen worthy. They really need a huge amount of work, exactly like the effeorst they spent ot develop the game itself which means years.