1. Simo

Simo
    Member OP

2. Sounds like more details are coming this week or around E3.

3. Van Bur3n

Van Bur3n

WAR HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORSE.

Going to use it for the whole game again.

4. Sir Guts

Sir Guts

Nothing tempting. GTA money huh?

5. nekkid

nekkid

RDR2 “Story Mode” sticks out, there.

So does the necessity for a “cash bonus” for it. Hopefully progression isn’t locked behind a grind or MTX.

6. Saint-14

Saint-14

Preorder RDR2 to get GTAV money? Makes sense.

7. Cybersai

Cybersai

Ugh, online multiplayer stuff. This game isn't going to have a bad single player is it? It's the only reason I want it.

8. Anth0ny

Anth0ny

awwwwww yeah gimme dat sweet sweet gta online cash

9. I made a thread a while back about pre order dlc screwing the game progression up and trivialising stuff like the horses in red dead redemption.

I said it before and I'll say it again:

Fuck
    That
    Shit

Cannot wait for this game but will buy it after release to avoid those mountain dew ultra gamer perks.

10. xxracerxx

xxracerxx

STORY MODE

Multiplayer to come out later ala GTA:Online, I assume.

11. Lord Brady

Lord Brady

I have too much money in GTA already, so that's not much of an incentive. Give me money to use on Red Dead Online when it releases. Regardless, I'll be pre-ordering. Game of the generation most likely.

12. uncleniccius

uncleniccius

Not sure why you'd assume that - multiplayer has made them a ridiculous amount of money in GTA that's why they're focusing on it.

13. BLLYjoe25

BLLYjoe25
    Banned Member

yaaaawn. horse dlc and survival kit, whatever that is, and a cash bonus. no reason for me to preorder.

14. data

data

Probably means the single player.

Guessing there might be multiplayer where the cash bonus does not apply

15. Cybersai

Cybersai

The only reason people care about Red Dead Redemption is the single player. If the sequel isn't about the single player I have no interest.

16. Nirolak

Nirolak

There’s a Red Dead Online mode as well judging by the game’s initial announcement.

17. --R

--R

It'll have a good single player like GTA V but I wouldn't expect expansions considering how GTA V went.

Also, not too many tempting stuff on there. I'll probably skip the preorder, tbh.

18. Falconbox

Falconbox

I mean, this is a horse skin and probably a couple hundred in-game dollars that would take you an hour or two to accumulate normally.

Like Borderlands 2 giving the gold weapons as pre-order bonuses that were outclassed by any gun 20 minutes into the game.

19. TheEnd

TheEnd

Phew, it's a good thing that they said this was from the creators of GTA V and RDR, otherwise I would've thought that it was a Capcom game.

20. BLLYjoe25

BLLYjoe25
    Banned Member

it will have a single player but just like GTA V it will be ignored by Rockstar after a month or so. after that they will try sell you Donkey Cards (or whatever they decide to call them) for Red Dead Online.

21. Stygr

Stygr

Interesting, no Bonus for RDR Online, they might launch it after RDR2 like GTA V

22. Or just don’t install them.

23. Van Bur3n

Van Bur3n

Speak for yourself. Imma put hundreds of hours into the multiplayer after the single player.

24. uncleniccius

uncleniccius

The game will have an amazing single player like any R* game, my point is that A LOT of people care about MP massively and it makes them a lot of money.. these kind of incentives will boost preorders. The MP doesn't take away from the SP.

Just because you don't care doesn't mean other people don't.

25. nekkid

nekkid

I get that. But it’s significant that it’s a first-class citizen alongside the single player “mode”.

26. Guymelef

Guymelef

Since no items/etc... for multiplayer mode I'm going to assume it will come after launch.

27. LoudMouse

LoudMouse

It makes me worry just a little bit. I do hope the multiplayer hasn't been the main focus while developing the game.

28. xxracerxx

xxracerxx

I hope that $500,000 in Shark Bucks is a code that can be sold.

29. Tambini

Tambini

Trash

30. Sometimes you have no choice! The golden guns and warhorse are shoved right up the ass of RDR with the game of the year edition and you have to enter a fucking code every time to turn it off.

31. xrnzaaas

xrnzaaas

RDR 2 Online will be insanely popular as well and a new cash generator for Rockstar. I just hope that the "story mode" in RDR2 will up to Rockstar's past standards.

32. Kenzodielocke

Kenzodielocke

Man, them calling the main reason people play RDR story mode is actually quite telling of things to come.

33. Nirolak

Nirolak

Oh, yeah, I mean, GTA Online made billions of dollars. I’m sure they’re very excited about the possibilities of a mode planned to be big from the start this time around, haha.

34. Van Bur3n

Van Bur3n

Y’all acting like you’ve never heard the term “story mode” before.

35. Simo

Simo
    Member OP

Yeah but it'll be interesting to see Sony's listing since they have the marketing deal and exclusive online content, ps4 preorders might include RDR Online bonuses?

36. xxracerxx

xxracerxx

Story modes tend to be the second fiddle usually, I think that is where people are taking issue with.

It is expected, but we just have to wait. I have faith that the single player campaign will be large.

37. TheEnd

TheEnd

"Play RDR Online one week early!"

38. Username1198

Username1198

Please video game gods, make the nightmares dlc from rdr. Please

39. OutofMana

OutofMana

Lol the preorder is giving you 500k to use in GTA V online?

40. JetSetRadio

JetSetRadio

Have plenty of GTAO cash but will still pre-order on PS4.
    More curious to see the PS exclusive online content.

41. Slayven

Slayven
    You probably post about me on another board. Moderator

Tells me GTA cash will be interchangeable with RDR 2's

42. nekkid

nekkid

No doubt. It’s just the first time a Rockstar game has outwardly made the online as big, if not a bigger component of the offering at launch.

43. xxracerxx

xxracerxx

That would suck.

$500K in 1899 would be worth $14.4M

44. Well then if it’s forced you can’t really change it regardless of when you buy the game but usually these preorder bonuses are separate installs
    Oh hell no. Given the hackers and modders, the game would be unbalanced from the getgo! I doubt it would happen

45. Slayven

Slayven

You can get a blinged out horse while you hunt bigfoot

46. JetSetRadio

JetSetRadio

I still don't know if I'm going to jump in RDR2O, it has no vehicles and racing and that's basically why I play GTAO. Horses and carriages don't count!
    Will definitely check it out though but melee and shooting are the worst parts of GTA/RDR.

47. Nirolak

Nirolak

Oh, definitely. The Housers apparently didn’t even care about it for GTA V and just let Leslie Benz go off and do whatever he pleased.

I really don’t think they expected it to be relevant past maybe 6-12 months, with the campaign being the reason everyone got the game.

I’m quite curious to see what it looks like this time around given it’s quite possibly their first ever major priority online mode.

48. xxracerxx

xxracerxx

I want to hang brass Horse Nuts™ on my horse.

49. dreamfall

dreamfall

Whoa here we go!

Can't wait to hear the specifics on the different CEs and some new cover art possibly. It's an exciting time!

50. Slayven

Slayven

Yeah GTO in the beginning had a very side project from 2 guys in a closet in the basement feel. Then they realized it generated money and put real resources behind it.