• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that you get GTA Online money with the game instead of money for its own online.

But I guess it's going to come later on.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah GTO in the beginning had a very side project from 2 guys in a closet in the basement feel. Then they realized it generated money and put real resources behind it.

The concerning thing about this is that GTO ended up swallowing SP DLC. Hopefully such sacrifices aren't being made for RDR2.

ColonelForbin

Oct 28, 2017
GTA money??? That's stupid. I don't care about gta. Seems weird to try and push another game when you are preordering.

Oct 25, 2017
"Story Mode" tells you everything you need to know about where Rockstar's priorities lie, as does the GTA: Online cash bonus.

They view RDR 2's online component as a continued moneymaker just like GTA: Online, and they are trying to pull in GTA: Online players into RDR 2: Online. Ideally, they want customers who regularly play both.

enkaisu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
I know GTAO is a behemoth but I can't help laughing at them giving you 500k for pre-ordering a completely different game.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
It really feels like maybe RDR2 Online will launch a bit after the game comes out. GTA V in game cash preorder incentives are a bit confusing, makes me wonder if they are eager to really focus on the single player before announcing how the online component launches. Pure speculation!

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
Seems weird to me that the $500k cash bonus is for GTA Online. Why wouldn't they tie this to RDR2's online?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Story modes tend to be the second fiddle usually, I think that is where people are taking issue with.

It is expected, but we just have to wait. I have faith that the single player campaign will be large.

The term has existed for a long time. Back when single player-oriented games even used the term as well.

I get it, GTAO has gotten people worried, but now we're just looking at the smallest things to further play into this narrative we're creating for RDR2, as if their priorities are all out of wack and its going to come at the cost of a quality single player experience.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
GTAO money? I guess RDR2 online ain't gonna be ready this year.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Considering it specifically notes that the Treasure Map is for Story Mode, yeah, the War Horse and Outlaw Survival Kit seem like multiplayer DLC.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind if RDR2 online launches a month after release. As long as SP is meaty and polished all is well.

That said, pre-order stuff is useless junk as one would expect.

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any hint of this coming to PC? Was playing GTA:Online on PC and was prompted with a message, "Get 50 headshots with special revolver to unlock a bonus reward for Red Dead 2" (paraphrasing).

Unsure if just means an unlock tied to your Social Club account only and for the console version.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Considering it specifically notes that the Treasure Map is for Story Mode, yeah, the War Horse and Outlaw Survival Kit seem like multiplayer DLC.

Red Dead Redemption's pre-order bonus War Horse was single player content, as were multiple outfits which I would say the outlaw survival kit falls into as well.

The treasure map seems to be a timed pre-order bonus for the single player, having to pre-order by a certain date, reason why it was specified on its own.

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any hint of this coming to PC? Was playing GTA:Online on PC and was prompted with a message, "Get 50 headshots with special revolver to unlock a bonus reward for Red Dead 2" (paraphrasing).

Unsure if just means an unlock tied to your Social Club account only and for the console version.
It hasn't been announced but it will come to the PC.

The reason Redemption 1 didn't come was that it had a very unstable code that would need a lot of work to port to the pc. Now they can port it easily because of what they learned with GTA5 and MP3.

OP
OP
Simo

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA

They're only noting that any in game money rewards is for story mode, like the bonus cash and treasure map. So as not to add to any confusion that the money and map can be used in online.

It still looks like it's all single player bonuses. Sony have the online content exclusive stuff.

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
The term has existed for a long time. Back when single player-oriented games even used the term as well.

I get it, GTAO has gotten people worried, but now we're just looking at the smallest things to further play into this narrative we're creating for RDR2, as if their priorities are all out of wack and its going to come at the cost of a quality single player experience.

Agreed. People like to nitpick the smallest of details just to downplay what looks like an impressive open world to say the least.
I don't understand where this R* bashing is coming from.
I mean GtaV was really lukewarm for me compared to their previous games but I have no doubts that Rdr2's sp component is going to be stellar.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
I'll never go digital for a R* open world game. Love the huge maps/postrr and detailed manuals they pack in them.
Hope we hear about the collectors/special edition this week. Love me R* metal cases.

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't RDR2 Online going to be an exact replica of GTA Online? Just in different time periods or whatever?

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Lol...MS always "jumps the gun". Its free press coverage and spotlight.

Cool info anyway...

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, no online for rdr is suspicious.

Having said that, didn't GTA V online come out later, after the game released?

This could be the same situation here. Play the single player. Come back in 2 weeks, and play the online.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Money bonus for GTAV might mean RDR2 online might come at a later time, similar to GTAOnline launched way after the game's release?