• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Ugh, online multiplayer stuff. This game isn't going to have a bad single player is it? It's the only reason I want it.

Rockstar claims to have been working on the game for 8 years when it comes out and so far the only information we've had is about singleplayer, which is good. It's going to be fine I'm sure. Story DLC is a different matter.

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
Going to wait approximately a year to see if a PC edition is announced (I hope my future self is indeed this patient). I'd prefer to have mods, extra graphics options etc., but if they take too long announcing it i'll probably bite on the PS4 version. No chance I'd double dip.

Anyone else gonna wait a specific timeframe to see if it's coming to PC?

ODDI

Oct 27, 2017
Huh incentive for GTA Online I wonder what that says for Red Dead Online.
Guessing money isn't the focus

....nah.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Why would they be offering a GTAV Online cash bonus? You figure if RDR2 has an online mode they would want as many people as possible playing it launch day, so why offer a micro transaction pre-order bonus for a competing online community? That screams either RDR2 Online isn't ready for prime time yet like GTA Online was at launch OR GTAV is such an insane money maker they want to drive as many people as possible to it, even if it's a competing game.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Seems weird to me that the $500k cash bonus is for GTA Online. Why wouldn't they tie this to RDR2's online?
You'll probably get the 500k as soon as you preorder. A lot of people looking forward to RDR2 probably have GTAV and play it's online mode frequently, so you get some extra cash for the game you'll still be playing for the next couple of months.

It's a great idea to be honest.

Edit:Yeah, says spend immediately.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Why would they be offering a GTAV Online cash bonus? You figure if RDR2 has an online mode they would want as many people as possible playing it launch day, so why offer a micro transaction pre-order bonus for a competing online community? That screams either RDR2 Online isn't ready for prime time yet like GTA Online was at launch OR GTAV is such an insane money maker they want to drive as many people as possible to it, even if it's a competing game.
Because you get the money instantly. If I am currently playing GTA:O and I know I'm getting RDR, then it makes sense to just go ahead and pre-order the game now since I instantly get an incentive for something I'm already playing.

Deleted member 3925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready. Give me those Collector's Edition details Rockstar.

Kinda strange that you get GTA cash for pre-ordering a game that isn't GTA though.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
It is smart if you think about it in a bussiness way.

It is a way to lure the GTA Online fanbase to RDR Online and make them fall into the same trap.
ndGGc5j.gif

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Why do I feel like the story and single player content could be great and a lot but there will be many saying it's lacking because Rockstar are focusing on MP. I have no doubt the world and story will be amazing.

Oh and in for War Horse. Hopefully there will be an Undead Nightmare dlc and we get them horses too.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know GAF loves to hate popular games and devs, but this is reaching to say the least!

This game will not dissapoint.

This isn't GAF...

Also, if you follow my thread you'll notice I say that this is interesting and of note, and that I'm optimistic they've made the right decisions.

daevv

Oct 27, 2017
I've had it preordered from Amazon.ca since last E3. They had it on for $49cdn. Doubt I'll get the bonuses unless they are packed in the case with codes.

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
Going to wait approximately a year to see if a PC edition is announced (I hope my future self is indeed this patient). I'd prefer to have mods, extra graphics options etc., but if they take too long announcing it i'll probably bite on the PS4 version. No chance I'd double dip.

Anyone else gonna wait a specific timeframe to see if it's coming to PC?
I'm waiting til black friday i think.
Prequels ruin the drama of a series imo. Im assuming e3 has other games im interested in for this year. Right now im buying 2 games until black friday.

Madden and disgaea 1 remastered.
Hoping for some surprises at e3

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone with no info on the development of the game at all, I would say until Rockstar has a tent-pole release without a huge single-player mode, don't worry. And of course they'd have a large focus on online for the game. RDR Online will be what Rockstar's hoping everybody transfers to from GTA Online, and then eventually they'll transfer to the new GTA Online when GTA VI comes out in 2023.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
But 500k in the 1800's when Red Dead 2 takes place is worth like over 10 million. You guys aren't taking inflation into account.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was going to pre-order my September and beyond games in mid-August as my GCU expires on the 28th but now, I'll just pre-order in mid-July when I pre-order Octopath Traveler. Wonder what that treasure map will get me????? Extra minor goodies works for me. :)

quotethis

Banned
Jan 21, 2018
Why would you get GTA money for preordering RDR2? lol

I guess they're not going to have MTX for this?

Oct 27, 2017
Vienna
Am I reading it right? You get the GTA5 money when you preorder not when you buy the game? Its completely normal and makes me believe RDR2 will have its own online. Why give people RDR money when you can charge them for it at launch.

Last edited: