• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Grand Theft Auto V

Tuesday, July 9th 2013: Gameplay Trailer

Tuesday, September 17th 2013: Release

Read Dead Redemption 2

Friday, August 17th 2018: Gameplay Trailer?

Friday, October 26 2018: Release

70 days between both. Seems plausible. If it goes past August I'll be annoyed.*

*and still pre-order and be excited for the game

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're doing us a favor, in a way. Wait until the last second to show gameplay so the wait won't be as unbearable :P

C++

Banned
Aug 2, 2018
Last trailers was gameplay footage just within different camera angles.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
It's getting annoying. I'm not gonna pre order until I see gameplay. Do you hear me? Thank you! :)

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
I just want to see if the physics and bullet entry/exit wounds are as great (should be even better after 8 years) as they were in RDR. It isn't a given after GTAV's downgrade in this regard.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Grand Theft Auto V

Tuesday, July 9th 2013: Gameplay Trailer

Tuesday, September 17th 2013: Release

Read Dead Redemption 2

Friday, August 17th 2018: Gameplay Trailer?

Friday, October 26 2018: Release

70 days between both. Seems plausible. If it goes past August I'll be annoyed.*

*and still pre-order and be excited for the game

This is what I've been saying. I expect new trailer in the next couple of weeks.

I secretly hope they don't even release a gameplay trailer. I want to go in as blind as possible and I can't resist watching whatever they release.

Oct 26, 2017
It really is kinda crazy how off their marketing has been for this one, especially compared to GTA V. Look, I don't necessarily need more screenshots, story trailers, previews etc, I rather find out myself. It's just odd that we're in August now and this thing is coming late October. Even for Rockstar standards it's odd.

I was so happy earlier this year when they didn't delay it further but instead gave a concrete release date. Please stick with it!

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We really haven't seen gameplay yet. Crazy.
right? it's crazy that we have no idea how a Red Dead game plays!

as far as we know it doesn't introduce any major gameplay changes so why are we expecting gameplay footage? with GTA V we only really got it because of what multiple characters + Online offered.

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It really is kinda crazy how off their marketing has been for this one, especially compared to GTA V. Look, I don't necessarily need more screenshots, story trailers, previews etc, I rather find out myself. It's just odd that we're in August now and this thing is coming late October. Even for Rockstar standards it's odd.

I was so happy earlier this year when they didn't delay it further but instead gave a concrete release date. Please stick with it!
whatever. i honestly think they've just got too full of themselves to even bother with properly marketing their games. it's gonna sell like crazy no matter what. they have got so greedy after GTA Online that they probably don't give a shit any more. they will sell so many Donkey Cards off brain dead idiots that it will make up for a lack of marketing.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

as far as we know it doesn't introduce any major gameplay changes so why are we expecting gameplay footage? with GTA V we only really got it because of what multiple characters + Online offered.

I didn't know how Witcher games played till I played 3.

Sequels can change up gameplay altogether see RE4 and RE6, hell throw in 7.

I expect gameplay footage because I want to see whether I will play this or not. The trailers have all been shit to me so far.

Also want to add I want to see improvements, I don't want to tap or hold X to sprint/run. Such changes and gameplay advancement I am looking for.

Oct 26, 2017
whatever. i honestly think they've just got too full of themselves to even bother with properly marketing their games. it's gonna sell like crazy no matter what. they have got so greedy after GTA Online that they probably don't give a shit any more. they will sell so many Donkey Cards off brain dead idiots that it will make up for a lack of marketing.

I see what you mean but that wasn't the impression I got when I read those previews in May and the interview with the studio head it was I believe. And unless they are talking nonsense this game has been in the works for 8 years.

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know how Witcher games played till I played 3.

Sequels can change up gameplay altogether see RE4 and RE6, hell throw in 7.

I expect gameplay footage because I want to see whether I will play this or not. The trailers have all been shit to me so far.
well you're comparing a series against a very popular one. not a very fair comparison.

sure...like i said look at GTA V. the jump between GTA IV to V was significant enough to warrant a gameplay trailer.

rockstar aren't designing their entire marketing campaign around you so i'm sorry you aren't happy. we all know what a Red Dead game plays like and honestly, as someone who has played all the games so far, i don't really care or expect a gameplay trailer. if you want to decide if you'll buy the game or not then do your own research.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
well you're comparing a series against a very popular one. not a very fair comparison.

sure...like i said look at GTA V. the jump between GTA IV to V was significant enough to warrant a gameplay trailer.

rockstar aren't designing their entire marketing campaign around you so i'm sorry you aren't happy. we all know what a Red Dead game plays like and honestly, as someone who has played all the games so far, i don't really care or expect a gameplay trailer. if you want to decide if you'll buy the game or not then do your own research.

Waiting too see gameplay in a trailer is my research though. I have watched all of the trailers that have shown only cinematics in a trailer for a videogame.

Even Death Stranding has shown more gameplay. Yes, I would like to know how a game I want to buy will play. Blind faith is foolish.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Have you read the previews from the preview event? RDR2 introduces so many major gameplay changes. It might even have the biggest changes Rockstar have ever done to their formula. The camp mechanics alone need a trailer IMO, NPC interactions, dialog trees with basically any NPC, the new inventory system, the new horse system with permadeath and medication, the new gunplay system with manual gun cocking, the new hunting and trade systems...etc.

I'm most excited for the new hat mechanics lol.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
GameSpot has a video on RDR2. I'm not gonna watch it but apparently RDR2 wants to "redefine" gaming.

giphy.gif

Oct 26, 2017
Have you read the previews from the preview event? RDR2 introduces so many major gameplay changes. It might even have the biggest changes Rockstar have ever done to their formula. The camp mechanics alone need a trailer IMO, NPC interactions, dialog trees with basically any NPC, the new inventory system, the new horse system with permadeath and medication, the new gunplay system with manual gun cocking, the new hunting and trade systems...etc.

I'm most excited for the new hat mechanics lol.

Yeah there's definitely a lot of new stuff here. Absolutely stuff that warrants a few trailers. But again, I don't necessarily need any of that, I will see that myself in October but I just find it extremely weird. This month sure has to be the month that they kick off the marketing. Weren't there rumblings that new previews would be coming soon from other sources?

There are a few things though...

Some voice actors for the game have been spotted wearing RDR2 merchandise. Apparently the latest gta online dlc had been delayed and this leaves people to believe a update for RDR2 was pushed further as well. It's probably not long now.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man the fucking whining that goes with rockstar and MP/SP, it's like people forget that GTAV had a 50 hour GOAT campaign mode when it released. So it didn't get any SP dlc? The main game was huge and full of content. I'm fully expecting that from RDR2 as well.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah there's definitely a lot of new stuff here. Absolutely stuff that warrants a few trailers. But again, I don't necessarily need any of that, I will see that myself in October but I just find it extremely weird. This month sure has to be the month that they kick off the marketing. Weren't there rumblings that new previews would be coming soon from other sources?

There are a few things though...

Some voice actors for the game have been spotted wearing RDR2 merchandise. Apparently the latest gta online dlc had been delayed and this leaves people to believe a update for RDR2 was pushed further as well. It's probably not long now.

Yeah maybe you don't need to see it in a trailer now, but there are many major changes.

Man the fucking whining that goes with rockstar and MP/SP, it's like people forget that GTAV had a 50 hour GOAT campaign mode when it released. So it didn't get any SP dlc? The main game was huge and full of content. I'm fully expecting that from RDR2 as well.

It's even funnier when you realize that 99% of the marketing for RDR2 so far has been strictly about the single player mode. I don't get the concerns for "online focus".

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Its bullshit that R* are holding story missions for the special edition. If it was inculded in a seasonpass it would be fine. Now i dont know if i should preorder the standard or special edition. :/

OP
OP
Simo

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Apparently GameStop received new marketing materials dated for next weekend? Can anyone on ERA confirm?

Info comes from someone on GTAforums saying they were chatting to a associate who brought up the info and said it should be "a good week" this week. Makes me wonder if it's true and if so are we getting a Game Informer cover reveal, since Gamestop owns GI, or the much anticipated gameplay trailer?

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017

What is this horseshit post? You don't really care or expect a product to show you what it's about? lol sure, guy.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I believe we will see a Gameplay Trailer before a Game Informer Cover, next month maybe.

Nickerous

Nov 2, 2017
So, is it a no brainer to get the special edition with my still active GCU? Think that extra content is worth the extra money?

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Oh is the Ultimate Edition still digital only for Amazon? I have it ordered through Gamestop because I think it came with a physical copy.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
If it's like Spiderman, it'll likely be "upgraded" to release date delivery

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Spiderman never had that message. I believe it was simply unavailable so you couldn't pre order it at all. I actually managed to order the game with prime discount before they "took it down" and my order page just said "delivery information unavailable at this time."

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Spiderman never had that message. I believe it was simply unavailable so you couldn't pre order it at all. I actually managed to order the game with prime discount before they "took it down" and my order page just said "delivery information unavailable at this time."

When the physical edition went up it didn't have release date delivery and I got an email yesterday saying they were "upgrading" my delivery for free.