• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can jump off your horse onto moving trains, your trained horse will gallop alongside as you're onboard. The contextual system will allow you to take over the train controls or whistle for your horse and jump back on to escape with your loot.

YES YES YES!

I have waited for this forever, I loved taking over games in GTA, and was gutted we couldn't do that in V.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Lol you can make Arthur fat. Chunky Arthur for my first play through.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Sounds good.
- You can physically see all your weapons on Arthur's character model--you can hold only hold two sidearms and two long weapons (along with a knife, lasso, and throwables).
What does it mean, that you're forced to choose those weapons and can only change them at a camp?

username.ymt

Nov 15, 2017
this could be a bit divisive...

"If you travel through water, for example, expect your weapons to rust."

personally I love it

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Love everything I'm hearing so far. Little details and busywork is great. Grab CoD for your shooter fix people.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Horse testicles shrink depending on the in-game weather...Game of the Forever. LOL

A side mission also saw Arthur given a camera to hunt down gunslingers for a patron and you could take "selfies".

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Weapon degradation huh?

Personally my biggest takeaway from all this. Makes waiting for hopefully a PC version that much more appealing so I can hopefully mod that shit out.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
FPP Is cool.

Sounds good.

What does it mean, that you're forced to choose those weapons and can only change them at a camp?

It's kinda like Uncharted/Max Payne 3.
What you see on your character is what you can use, no more guns outta your ass.

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
My hype level just went from 100 to 0. RDR is my favorite game, but as I read you have to sleep and eat, can gain weight and have to clean your weapons... sorry, but no. This is a big letdown for me.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Dniw0fnXsAAynia.jpg:large
I hope that stuff isn't annoying.

Oct 31, 2017
I've been having the sneaking suspicion that this would be the next watershed open world game, and it's definitely sounding like it with these previews. Game is going to be epic, no doubt about it.

Can you imagine what the next Grand Theft Auto looks like??

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
saw impressions from Geoff on twitter. Sounds exactly like BotW lol.

Anyways the survival elements are pretty bold, good on them for going pretty far with it

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
That sounds pretty terrible.

Also, I think whoever wrote this also doesn't understand what "real time" means. If you want to grow a beard, you would have to play the game for like 1000 hours.

He's obviously meaning in real-time as you play, rather than changing by fixed incrememnts per level etc.

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds pretty terrible.

Also, I think whoever wrote this also doesn't understand what "real time" means. If you want to grow a beard, you would have to play the game for like 1000 hours.

You're def reading to much into it. It just means your beard grows in real time in the game and not just after "events"

I'm all for the survival elements. It's what's going to set this game apart and it will no doubt play into multiplayer. Can't wait.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
My concern is that some of these systems might become a bit overwhelming, or tiresome. They say it won't be "intrusive," but at what point does a commitment to realism re: gun maintenance or sleeping habits get in the way of the stuff you're actually playing the game for?

Oct 31, 2017
It'd be neat if they did something like what it sounds like Ubisoft is doing with the new Assassins Creed and gave some kind of player flexibility in more sim or less sim.

Though I can understand and appreciate wanting to design a cohesive experience without deviation and giving too much flexibility to the consumer so I'm on board with how this game is sounding anyway.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Do not you get the feeling that they say the same of all revolutionary open world games?

Exactly the same things?

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do not you get the feeling that they say the same of all revolutionary open world games?

Exactly the same things?

It certainly feels like the media is slipping into the Rockstar pre-release hype machine again that's for sure. I don't think this industry is ever going to learn its lesson lol.