• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
A bit worried about survival elements. It always sounds good on paper, but usually end up being a chore. I hope it's not very intrusive, like getting reduced health bar if you don't eat.

Everything else looks superb.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Dniw0fnXsAAynia.jpg:large

Game of the.....

I really enjoy this kind of stuff.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
People overrreacting to news that you need to eat & sleep. Go figure lol

Arthur has needs, too, like eating and sleeping. As you play, Arthur gets hungry and tired over time. If you don't eat or sleep, you won't regenerate your health or stamina as quickly. It doesn't seem to veer into pure simulation territory, but I did eat a snack before a gunfight just in case. I can't say for certain how it works over longer sessions, but Rockstar is adamant that, like the weapon cleaning, it's not designed to be intrusive. Instead, it's a way to remind players that Arthur is a person, and not just a hunk of meat that's entirely self-sustaining.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
They finally brought back the best feature of San Andreas, your physique changing based on what you do.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
You can name your horse, hold triangle to place a stake in the ground to hitch your horse or walk alongside it with the reigns. You can also shave at camp and if you visit a bath house you can pay extra for...someone to come in dip their hands in the suds to wash your junk. lol

Also dismemberment is in.

As long as dismemberment doesn't happen in the bath..

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can already tell people are not going to like the weapon degradation and a lot of the real life mechanics.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
All of this sounds amazing. I love that they're bringing back the physical stuff from SA and refining the interactions from Bully.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I can already tell people are not going to like the weapon degradation and a lot of the real life mechanics.
The gunslinger cleaning his guns is pretty common imagery in westerns. See the Man With No Name in Good, Bad, Ugly cleaning his guns as Tuco's guys are coming up the stairs, aka "Your spurs". Or him and Mortimer preparing for their final shootout with Indio's gang in For A Few Dollars More

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
I really want more info on the performance/visuals of the game. 4k/30 on the X? HDR? Differences between the Pro/X (god forbid there's a parity). 1080/60fps mode?

Hoping for more info soon, but already got it pre ordered.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Shit looks sick.

Looking forward to the Red Dead Redemption 2'OClock boys giving their impressions. They said they'd have their videe up by about 11am EST today. THey're super hype but I still love how passionate they are about the game.

username.ymt

Nov 15, 2017
Long story short, by dawn there were two corpses - his, and a poor witness that had ridden by while I was looting his body - and I had accidentally lassoed a bull but had no idea what to do next.

so the lasso is back too...great to know.

ODDI

Oct 27, 2017
I think Rob Wiethoff has been confirmed to reprise his role as John Marston.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Weapon degradation and that awful stamina/getting fat shit coming back from GTA San Andreas are big neddy no nos for me. That just sounds off all kinds of alarm bells.

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is exactly living and breathing in GTA V? The NPCs have no names and no life schedule, they're just randomly spawned around the player. Most of the buildings can't be accessed and most NPCs can't be interacted with. It's the very opposite of living and breathing, it's just a playground.

Hence why I said that GTA V didn't do much. It was pretty much GTA IV on a better map. Though at the time when GTA IV came out, it was unbelievable how living the city felt.

beni12

Oct 25, 2017
I thought of Kingdom Come too when I read it.

That's not new at all but new for Red Dead (and Rockstar games).
I liked it in Kindgom Come so I guess I'll like it in RDR2 :)
Loading in Kindgom Come is really long and that's make these systems really annoying, but hopefully it will be much faster in RDR2.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I hate weapon degradation, it's a cheap way to add artificial difficulty. I just hope it isn't really prevalent.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
What is exactly living and breathing in GTA V? The NPCs have no names and no life schedule, they're just randomly spawned around the player. Most of the buildings can't be accessed and most NPCs can't be interacted with. It's the very opposite of living and breathing, it's just a playground.
Less about the NPCs and schedules - although there was stuff like women walking faster and getting nervous if you start following them - and more in the little details of the world that made it feel reactive and real.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
From Kotaku:
I spotted some crows and used the game's slow-mo Deadeye shooting system to rip off several shots. Turned out the lead from my bullets in their carcasses rendered them nearly worthless.

This isn't the sanitized camera cut-away from the first Read Dead Redemption. In the sequel, you see the knife cut and the skin come off the body.

I rode up alongside him, wondering if I could leap from horse to stagecoach. I got close and pressed square. It sort of worked. Morgan wound up in the carriage, and the driver bailed.

I asked the Rockstar reps overseeing my demo if I could steal the train itself. They welcomed me to try.

Also very important:
At every possible moment, Rockstar would talk about the importance of the gang and their camp, and nearly as often they'd point out that it is not compulsory to do anything with the gang or their camp.

Deleted member 26900

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wait, WHERE IS MY PHOTO MODE.

It's in, but it's more of a full portrait mode.

Damn, everything about RDR2 sounds amazing. Hunting sounds like a really fun experience. And just small details like leading your horse when not mounting. Not to mention bringing back the GTA: SA RPG elements and Max Payne 3 gunplay. AHHH it's going to be a long month.

Last edited: