• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Fuck, I have goosebumps now. Don't know why, probably because I really thought swimming wouldn't be in. And it's like MP3 and even dismemberment? Goooood lord!

Thanks man! Much appreciated.

I'm goddamn happy now. I'll now wait patiently for the game. I don't want to know anything else! :)

Its honestly exhausting trying to keep up with all these previews. lol

What do horse testicles have to do with weather?

They shrink when it's cold out? lol

Oct 27, 2017
Everything sounds excellent and what I wanted from a sequel.

Will probably get the game a few weeks/months after the release of the game doesn't turn out as bad as GTA 5.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dniw0fnXsAAynia.jpg:large

Game of the.....
This is much more what I wanted from the first game. Very excited.

I'm getting a sort of GTA IV vibe from this – thudding and ambitious and goes over the heads of many but loved for being a great immersive experience.

That said, I hope all the resting and eating and cleaning etc have actual gameplay impacts.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
From the IGN preview (5:15):

https://youtu.be/hE4Yyjnpcig?t=5m14s

"The new dialog system is without doubt my favorite addition about RDR2. You can walk up to someone if your gun is holstered, hold L2 which targets them, and then you get a contextual menu of ... you can press 'Rob / Greet / Antagonize / Callout', and it gives you these contextual conversations... really funny little nuggets of discussion that seem to flow naturally into one another. (...) And it's all very different. (...) And you can choose to defuse [a] situation or escelate it."

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Just makes the game feel like a chore as your character becomes weaker if your best weapon breaks.
It also elevates the game out of a regular-old shooty shooty bang bang. Look at it this way: it introduces the possibility for variability in way to tackle encounters.

Besides, it's a definite plus when looking at it from the POV of wanting to actually roleplay in this world.

username.ymt

Nov 15, 2017
Domino minigame confirmed by GamePro!
Time-specific missions are confirmed; you gotta pass time just like the first game. Seems I'm getting the AAA modern Shenmue I wanted.
Lol, you can actually buy train tickets in a post office if you want to ride a train. (but you don't have to)
if you get a haircut you dont like, you have to wait for your hair to grow out again. however you can buy pomade in a shop to style it.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Graphics are great but the systems all sound like a chore

I didn't like San Andreas as much, partly because of the eating/exercising stuff which just seems like tacked-on busy work that got in the way of enjoying the story and rest of the game.

Def not a fan of degrading weapons, either.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
You can set a destination by looking towards it and having your horse take you there automatically and the use of a cinematic camera. Sort of like a mix or evolution of the carriages from RDR and AC Origins autopilot.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, has none of them mentioned whether it's still the same tired mashing to run?

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Just makes the game feel like a chore as your character becomes weaker if your best weapon breaks.
Degrading doesn't equal breaking though. And it's only an issue if you have to be constantly repairing and replacing weapons like an RPG. This is a game that lets you customize favorite weapons; you aren't going to discarding guns because they break

It sounds logical (ie if the guns are wet) and makes sense for the genre and setting. The gunslinger cleaning his guns in his motel room is a common scene in westerns, and it's Red Dead, you're going to be spending time in inns and camp and towns anyway

username.ymt

Nov 15, 2017
SHIT

JAW ON FLOOR

There's A Killcam That Changes Depending On Your Honor
When you take out the final opponent during a gunfight, a killcam will frame that final blow a la Max Payne 3. This will change depending on Arthur's moral standing: If you've been a naughty cowboy, these kill cams will be gorier. If you've been upstanding and honorable, they'll be framed in a more heroic fashion like those from the classic film Westerns of old.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
"Crafting seems to be a big addition. (...) There are some really 'Zelda-y touches' in there." (IGN, 7:50)

SHIT

JAW ON FLOOR

There's A Killcam That Changes Depending On Your Honor
When you take out the final opponent during a gunfight, a killcam will frame that final blow a la Max Payne 3. This will change depending on Arthur's moral standing: If you've been a naughty cowboy, these kill cams will be gorier. If you've been upstanding and honorable, they'll be framed in a more heroic fashion like those from the classic film Westerns of old.

Fucking awesome

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I'm hoping weapon degradation just means shit needs to be repaired.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Disappointing to see people uninterested in all the nuanced mechanics here. There are endless games you can play that are just, "big world, shoot stuff". Let this being something different and more complex.

Deleted member 42686

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2018
I'm not a fan of using realistic mechanics like needs, weapon degradation, etc. It makes the game very limitating imo.

But I have a lot of faith in this game. Let's see how this gonna end.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Jones from Easy Allies said that Bill and John Marston sound same as in RDR so Rob is back as voice for Marston :D

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Weapon degradation, weight gain, and the need for haircuts!

Nothing I love more than stupid chores in my video games