• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
If Rockstar told the editor this "spoiler" they'll probably announce it officially prior to launch.

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Could you in any way attain a proper confirmation/denial ?

I called the editor before posting it here. He confirms the Rockstar representive told him this literally. So if its incorrect, it must be because rockstar has its facts wrong. Which seems improbable.

While I cant say for sure as I wasnt present at the conversarion, Ive worked over ten years for this website and I cannot believe its incorrect information, at least not on the websites end.

Misintepretation? Its possible, I suppose. I know I would want to be sure of it before placing it on the site.

Edit: the only thing that makes my head spin is no other sites bringing the news. But perhaps they just didnt think to ask (or though if they'd ask theyd get the usual cant disclose that)... who knows.

username.ymt

Nov 15, 2017
I called the editor before posting it here. He confirms the Rockstar representive told him this literally. So if its incorrect, it must be because rockstar has its facts wrong. Which seems improbable.

While I cant say for sure as I wasnt present at the conversarion, Ive worked over ten years for this website and I cannot believe its incorrect information, at least not on the websites end.

Misintepretation? Its possible, I suppose. I know I would want to be sure of it before placing it on the site.

Edit: the only thing that makes my head spin is no other sites bringing the news. But perhaps they just didnt think to ask (or though if they'd ask theyd get the usual cant disclose that)... who knows.

Thank you for your answer :0)

Oct 25, 2017
okay this little nugget also bananas

"Rockstar say that it used 1000 actors to flesh out the inhabitants of its towns and wilderness."
giphy.gif

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
This is really looking incredible. I haven't played the prior games, and didn't like GTA3 or 4 (skipped 5), but decided to take a chance on this anyway. Preordered the digital Special Edition on PSN. Looking forward to finishing Spider-man and jumping into this later this month!

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I'm one of those people that is sensitive about spoilers, and I find the thing REALLY cool but doesn't seem like THAT big of a spoiler. Maybe even something that Rockstar wants advertised. If something like that is really crossing the line for someone then they should just leave the internet now until after launch because it's only going to get much worse for them from now on.

username.ymt

Nov 15, 2017
"To keep your individual cores in good shape, you'll need to level up the strength, grit, dexterity, and instinct attributes"

This sounds more RPG'ish than San Andreas, even though that is what Gamespot compares it to.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It could mean the rep spoke out of turn or got it wrong

username.ymt

Nov 15, 2017
Moz, do you know anything about this ?

"My biggest problem with the Inside Gamer quote, is that the same journalist describes spending several hours playing, and only managing to stay in Blackwater. I think he means Great Plains or somewhere else, because even if significantly upscaled, you won't be spending several hours in Blackwater. But this confusion leaves me wondering exactly what he understood or what the Rockstar representative he spoke with understood."

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamnit I wanna read that spoiler ;_;

I bit and read it. It's not a story spoiler or anything like that. I think this would really only be considered a spoiler for someone whose on a media blackout. It's very surprising, surprising enough to not think it's true, but... it doesn't spoil the story or anything as far as I'm concerned.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I bit and read it. It's not a story spoiler or anything like that. I think this would really only be considered a spoiler for someone whose on a media blackout. It's very surprising, surprising enough to not think it's true, but... it doesn't spoil the story or anything as far as I'm concerned.
I also cannot wait until someone just makes a thread dedicated to what is in that spoiler.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Reading all these previews and envisioning what this game will be has my head spinning about GTA VI....I can't even imagine what the hell that game will be esp. considering it'll be a next gen game.

Moz La Punk

Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands

"My biggest problem with the Inside Gamer quote, is that the same journalist describes spending several hours playing, and only managing to stay in Blackwater. I think he means Great Plains or somewhere else, because even if significantly upscaled, you won't be spending several hours in Blackwater. But this confusion leaves me wondering exactly what he understood or what the Rockstar representative he spoke with understood."

Ill ask him. Its night here so might be tomorrow.

I also cannot wait until someone just makes a thread dedicated to what is in that spoiler.

Fine by me, i wouldve prolly done it if I had thread making priviliges. What do you have to do to get them anyway? Been a member for 10 years on the ol' place

PIMPBYBLUD

Oct 27, 2017
This is really looking incredible. I haven't played the prior games, and didn't like GTA3 or 4 (skipped 5), but decided to take a chance on this anyway. Preordered the digital Special Edition on PSN. Looking forward to finishing Spider-man and jumping into this later this month!

You should play RDR its a phenomenal game

ODDI

Oct 27, 2017
Well I took a look and you're right no story spoilers and that reveal isn't that surprising (thanks gtaf) but is neat.

Musha_Soturi

Oct 26, 2017
I was looking forward to this game before I knew anything about it. Every time I find out something I just get more and more excited. I'm on the verge of peeing my pants and having multiple orgasms at the same time. Anything else cool comes out and I will be spontaneously combusting

Racos

Oct 27, 2017
Native 4K, damn the X is a hell of a machine, this is the game that pushed me to get it. Playing this game with the highest possible quality of graphics will be a once in a console generation experience on my new TCL 65in, R* doesn't release games that often.

Zeel

Oct 27, 2017
So if xboner x can do 4k, then probably the game should run at 1080p30 on standard ps4...right?

Moz La Punk

Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands

Got an answer he wanted me to post:

I had no physical interaction with anything out of Blackwater but visited cities and villages round and about the whole surroundings of the city and surroundings, and I do understand that it's quite small part of the game. But I manned the f*ck up, just plainly asked if Armadillo and New Austin were the part of the map and the answer was "yes, the whole part of the old map is accessible during the game". If it's true, it's true, but I can only rely on facts that Rockstar gave me. As far as I know: we're gonna have a ride in the old country, which is the new country, (as RDR2 is the old country, being a prequel and all).

kriskrosbbk

Oct 28, 2017
Am I going to miss a lot?

The Red Dead Redemption 2: Special Edition delivers exclusive content for Story Mode including:
• Bank Robbery Mission & Gang Hideout
• Dappled Black Thoroughbred
• Talisman & Medallion Gameplay Bonuses
• Gameplay Boosts, Cash Bonuses & Discounts
• The Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit

If not going with this version?

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Got an answer he wanted me to post:

I had no physical interaction with anything out of Blackwater but visited cities and villages round and about the whole surroundings of the city and surroundings, and I do understand that it's quite small part of the game. But I manned the f*ck up, just plainly asked if Armadillo and New Austin were the part of the map and the answer was "yes, the whole part of the old map is accessible during the game". If it's true, it's true, but I can only rely on facts that Rockstar gave me. As far as I know: we're gonna have a ride in the old country, which is the new country, (as RDR2 is the old country, being a prequel and all).
Thank you for continuing to get additional info on this and not just disappear.

Moz La Punk

Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Thank you for continuing to get additional info on this and not just disappear.

Well its free promotion so would be crazy to not do it lol. But Im genuinely excited for the game even though i just spend 50 hours in another open world game (AC) so Im just as excited as you guys and want to know more about the map as well. Cant wait till later this month!

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
The hype surrounding this game is unreal.
Personally i think this has the potential to reach 99 on metacritics, no joke.
It looks just out of this world.