• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hi folks! With the release of Red Dead Redemption 2 just weeks away, we wanted to share first details around some of PlayStation's 30 days early-access content coming to Rockstar Games' deepest and most expansive world to date.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/10/05/red-dead-redemption-2-ps4-early-access-content-revealed/

bp8qFLr.jpg

(High Res Link)

Grizzlies Outlaw Outfit – available day one in Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode and at the launch of Red Dead Online

A slick but rugged look, the Grizzlies Outlaw Outfit is perfect for exploring the forests of Ambarino.

Featuring a wool-lined, long coat with custom, hand-tooled leather accents, a leather vest with ornate pattern details, stand wing-tip collar with black neckerchief, and custom ornate buckle with matching boot tips, the Grizzlies Outlaw Outfit pays homage to the "boss" of the Northern States, its real-world inspiration.

Red Chestnut Arabian Horse – available at the launch of Red Dead Online

Known for its speed and handling, the Red Chestnut Arabian Horse is in a class above most horses you would find in the wild, with performance a step up from the first tier of available horses.

Alligator Skin Ranch Cutter Saddle – available at the launch of Red Dead Online

In addition to its stylish look, the Alligator Skin Ranch Cutter Saddle provides a number of benefits when equipped including core Health and Stamina boosts, which increase speed and acceleration for the horse. This saddle is an enhanced version of the basic saddle that comes stock for players when starting Red Dead Online.

High Roller Double-Action Revolver – available at the launch of Red Dead Online

Looks could kill: The High Roller Double-Action Revolver features a polished steel body with unique period-inspired, beautifully detailed engraving work. The deadly, quick draw revolver comes complete with unique playing card and skull elements carved into the grip. Its superior, quick rate of fire over all other revolvers makes it a great choice for mounted combat.

Last edited:

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
A few and useless shit for RDR Online lmao
What a lame exclusivity deal.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
IF these deals are having to happen, then this is how you do them....looking at you Bungie/Activision.......

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Glad its nothing.

I'm planning to get RDR2 on X1X, so I would have been bummed if it was real content. I don't really care about exclusive/timed release stuff, like, I don't like it, but I don't care about it either. It's not a buying decision or an ... "anti-buying decision" for me. I'm just glad there's no gameplay content.

ALso with Red Dead Online coming a month after the main release, I wonder if that means that the PS4 Red Dead Online will get these skins at the end of November, and then they'll come to Xbox One in ... December?

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Glad it's not meaningful content that will impact those who don't have access. Hopefully that's all that's locked away behind platform exclusivity.

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
These are not something that would sway a person to buy this version, the exclusive PS4 ads will

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
It does say that it's "some" of the content coming first to PS4, whatever that means. Probably that there will be other content drops coming later and these are just the ones for launch.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
The outfit is the extent of what I think this kind of DLC should be.

A horse that's better than those you'd usually have at the beginning of the game seems like a small, negative change to the progression.

Same with the double action revolver (which are opposed to single action revolvers, that require readying a bullet before firing). Seems like players could miss out on that progression of getting a more responsive sidearm early on.

Septic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Getting this on the Pro but what shite exclusive content. Not that I cared for it anyway- just want to get danked on the game!

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
What's the point if it's going to be so trivial?

The point is Sony can market it as BUY RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 FOR PS4 AND GET EXCLUSIVE CONTENT ONLY ON PS4 WHERE THE PLAYERS PLAY

they've already sold people at that point. pre-orders are in.

in the end, it's usually super trivial shit like this, though. so xbox players can rest easy.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
Like I said before doesn't look substantial at all. It will probably just be temporary as well.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is this PS4 exclusive content in the game that you can unlock or will this be PS4 exclusive DLC that you have to buy?