• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Just found this on reddit, apparently it's from the Japanese version

eda4b53d.jpg

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising, at least they're not doing one disc and then download the rest (though rest be assured the day 1 patch will still be enormous)

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If true, then i'll buy the game. I simply cannot download that much data without it taking a decade to do so.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Figured as much. At >80GB install size downloading 30 of it would be a chore for many people. I hope it's the same with the Xbox version.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
I welcome multiple discs if this means less downloading. As a person with a bad cap and internet speed i really need it.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weird. Isn't the largest non-UHD Blu-Ray 300GB+?

I guess they just went the cheap route and used the smallest cheapest discs? Lame.

OP
OP
Rodjer

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Weird. Isn't the largest non-UHD Blu-Ray 300GB+?

I guess they just went the cheap route and used the smallest cheapest discs? Lame.

Nah it's not cheaping, Take-Two did the same thing with X-COM 2 on consoles, two discs.

I think PS4 can't read 100GB + BD discs.

Goose Se7en

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be disappointed if true. It's a great thing for those with data caps or slow download speeds because now you an option that works to your situation, but I've no need for 2 discs. My internet is fast and it can ruin the experience when having to stop to insert disc 2.

I guess it's the ideal thing to do for the lowest common denominator.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
I'll be disappointed if true. It's a great thing for those with data caps or slow download speeds because now you an option that works to your situation, but I've no need for 2 discs. My internet is fast and it can ruin the experience when having to stop to insert disc 2.

You install both discs before playing.

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017

So what about everyone us ? Multiple choice is great for everyone.
I don't have a stable internet, rural England. I'm lucky to even stream a movie without buffer

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017

You'll probably have to only swap disks when first installing it. After that, one of them should be the disk that is used to boot up the game and then there is no need for swapping disks.

R3create

Aug 28, 2018
People really complaining because the game is two discs? Wow.

Will the gaming industry ever win?

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

1) There's very little chance that you'll have to swap disc during a play session

2) you can buy it digitally

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Well, that's all dandy, but here in Pakistan, this means that the game will be for atleast double the price for this reason. Shops here love exploiting their customers. We're so fucked.

k1x-

Oct 28, 2017

You realise you dont have to swap discs midgame? Those times are over mate.

Gibordep

Nov 1, 2017

You only have to put disc 2 one time during the installation.

Although I dont mind with data caps and download (my download speeds probably are faster than disc read..) I want to buy a Physical version that, even its need a day one patch to correct some things, is playable.
So I welcome the 2 discs.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

Nobody has to change a disc mid game, use your head please.

It's pretty amazing from Rockstar, they could've easily just put 50GB on it with the rest as download via patch, how many games are doing it today.

Much respect for that.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Far better than a huge day 1 download for disc buyers. Some of my friends are specifically getting physical copies due to their shitty internet, so this will be welcome news for them.

Oct 25, 2017
I said non-UHD. It can't even read high capacity basic Blu-Rays?

The drives in all PS4 models are fully capable of reading higher capacity discs. It just requires manufacturers to update the software for those drives. In reality, multi layered discs used for UHD Blu Rays are no different to your bog standard single layer ones from when the media was first introduced back in 2005.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017