• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017
is there anything to do yet in RDR:O? it was super barebones, haven't seen a reason to go back yet tbh.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is this going to be the best selling game on both consoles? Is it possible it can beat COD or FIFA in lifetime sales?

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Personally I felt that was the right way to do it. Arthur is an established characters as far as we know and we need to peel back the layers. I prefer that to the constant barrage of new characters. The camp is established, although we do have a few characters enter organically, one of which is one of the best characters straight up (Sadie). Even then, not to get in spoilers, there are plenty of characters within the world (outside of the camp) that help the story grow.

Plus knowing RDR1's story helps imo.
Yeah..I don't know, I can definitely get behind the idea of it, but for some reason it just didn't click with me. I ended up not spending a lot of time at camp because I'm just constantly thinking "who am I supposed to be talking to right now though?" I realize of course that's the wrong way to approach the game, but I couldn't help it.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah..I don't know, I can definitely get behind the idea of it, but for some reason it just didn't click with me. I ended up not spending a lot of time at camp because I'm just constantly thinking "who am I supposed to be talking to right now though?" I realize of course that's the wrong way to approach the game, but I couldn't help it.
Is what it is man, wouldn't be the first time somebody didn't care for an aspect of this particular game. You're certainly more fair than many in your criticism too lmao.
All I'm saying is that we had better get Undead Nightmare on this engine...

All I'm saying...
It's not gonna happen. Rockstar SP DLC is completely dead.

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017
Same old stranger missions. Only new thing is a new BR mode.
i thought there was a BR mode in it already? Granted on release you couldn't pick which multiplayer mode to join into (who knows why), but i remember playing in a like 10 man bow and arrow only battle royale on like day 1 or 2 of RDR:O going into beta.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's not gonna happen. Rockstar SP DLC is completely dead.

Oh I think that's guaran-damn-teed brother

giphy.gif

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
i thought there was a BR mode in it already? Granted on release you couldn't pick which multiplayer mode to join into (who knows why), but i remember playing in a like 10 man bow and arrow only battle royale on like day 1 or 2 of RDR:O going into beta.

Another was added with actual guns.

barit

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Ugh and now half of the AAA industry thinks again "Hey we need those number too".

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Game of the year, head and shoulders above everything else for me and stands toe to toe with witcher 3 as game of the gen. Well deserved.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
goddamn that is an insane number, the hype was real. Given how there isn't really much to do in RDR:O, I hope publishers take away that taking your time to do a game right and giving it a lot of breadth and depth and polish is always the smart decision. *cough* anthem

DarkShame3

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 26, 2019
I'd rather have moments like that, WHILE playing. Like when you meet Irish in Redemption, and you're getting to know him as you're doing missing with him, same with West Dickens, etc.

I suppose that is more in line with how we get to know people in real life. We share activities and experiences and that is how we learn about folks. Sometimes the story of the unique way in which we meet someone becomes a part of our understanding of that person and what they mean to us.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
I understand how the game is selling well... It is incredible.

I do not understand how Red Dead Online is doing so well.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
was told this game made 23 million in another thread WOW...just WOW

its already profitable, and the online has more prescense than the juggernaut that was GTA online

INSANE

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Well deserved. By far the best piece of entertainment I've ever come across. The soundtrack alone is more memorable than almost every other game I've played this gen.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
was told this game made 23 million in another thread WOW...just WOW

its already profitable, and the online has more prescense than the juggernaut that was GTA online

INSANE

Online started better than GTAO but has seemingly already died for the most part. I don't know anyone who plays Red Dead Online anymore. My brother was big on Read Dead Online but he and all his friends dropped it once Apex came out.

The fact this game isn't on PC like GTA hurts the online component a lot.

Deleted member 49132

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Probably closer to 25 million by now.

This thread is old.

RDR2 is gonna be the 2nd highest selling Rockstar game ever pretty soon. And it's a non-GTA game, that's wild.

Red Dead Online isn't performing up to snuff, but then again, Rockstar hasn't really done anything noteworthy for Online yet. Gotta wait until the major updates and DLCs roll in.

They are taking way too long to breath life into RDO...interest has shifted elsewhere and I don't know anyone who's still playing it.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I love RDR2, I think it was by far the best game of 2018, still play it almost every weekend for a couple hours, and I'm constantly looking for ways to downplay the apparent success of Red Dead Online because I think it's simply a bad game, like GTA Online. I played GTA Online for well over a hundred hours, or more, and generally loathed the game design of it, highly critical of most of it despite playing it through. When I launched Red Dead online and saw nearly all of the same flaws, I just didn't have an interest to stick with it. I played GTA Online thinking that Rockstar would figure it out at some point, but they never did. To see those same decisions made in Red Dead Online, I have no interest in sticking with it.

I also fear that for Red Dead Online to stay successful, Rockstar has to basically ruin the Red Dead property. It's one thing to turn GTA into Saints Row 4, which is what GTA Online is in tone, but it's another to turn Red Dead Redemption into Saints Row.

What makes me so sad is knowing that Red Dead Redemption 2 will never get single player content, despite that there is an enormous, unused, Red Dead Redemption sized canvas for Rockstar to paint with. But, the existence of Red Dead Online will guarantee that never happens.

*Oops, sorry didn't realize this thread ws created in Feb*

Last edited:

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I felt that was the right way to do it. Arthur is an established characters as far as we know and we need to peel back the layers. I prefer that to the constant barrage of new characters. The camp is established, although we do have a few characters enter organically, one of which is one of the best characters straight up (Sadie). Even then, not to get in spoilers, there are plenty of characters within the world (outside of the camp) that help the story grow.

Plus knowing RDR1's story helps imo.
Totally agreed.

Though I do think knowing RDR 1 was important (surprisingly so for a R* game). But as an RDR 1 fan myself, I loved it all.

I still can't really get into Rockstar's brand of online, but oh well. Considering how immense the single-player experience is in both GTA V and RDR 2, if R* can keep up with developing both sides of the coin then I'm content.