• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Just because the PS4 box says 105 GB doesn't mean it's going to be 105 GB, what's printed on the box shouldn't be taken as gospel. That copy was almost surely based on a conservative estimate given at whatever time the box design had to go to print. This kind of thing happens all the time - remember how the original No Man's Sky boxes had online/multiplayer info printed? Printing requires lead time and things can change by the time something gets released.

What about if it says it on the digital store? lol

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Yikes, but at least it's better than the 105gb on PS4. I'm not looking forward to spending two days downloading it if I go digital, but I'll probably go with physical. Hopefully there won't be much of a patch.

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
Really glad I recently upgraded my internet. Even small patches would take hours before.

Oct 27, 2017

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
The patch is on Sony's servers which was 1.1 and now I believe 1.2 is there. That's how the trophy leaker got all the information because it was extracted from the patch.

Interesting! Didn't know they could do that. I wonder if people will able to datamine the preload. Might need to bail soon...

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Just because the PS4 box says 105 GB doesn't mean it's going to be 105 GB, what's printed on the box shouldn't be taken as gospel. That copy was almost surely based on a conservative estimate given at whatever time the box design had to go to print. This kind of thing happens all the time - remember how the original No Man's Sky boxes had online/multiplayer info printed? Printing requires lead time and things can change by the time something gets released.

The store says 105GB as well, is it usually wrong?

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
Received a second email from rockstar support, again confirmed game is fully on the disc however this time the additional mention of a one time social club sign in would be required.

So how is this bypassable, is it tied to game save ?

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Received a second email from rockstar support, again confirmed game is fully on the disc however this time the additional mention of a one time social club sign in would be required.

Ahh crap, now I have to remember what my social club credentials are. Totally forgot about this aspect of these games.

Not sure if there is a way to by pass unless it is possible to not connect online at all while you play (no patches, etc).

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Maybe it's for Red Dead Online.

Ahh crap, now I have to remember what my social club credentials are. Totally forgot about this aspect of these games.

Not sure if there is a way to by pass unless it is possible to not connect online at all while you play (no patches, etc).

It should auto sign in if you've linked it to your PSN/XBL before.

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
b5f8a458-1ed8-4925-a3gcmq.jpeg

2463b975-9fbc-40a5-b2tf8i.jpeg

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
My question posed to them was :

Is red dead redemption 2 physcial ps4 playable day one with no internet connection or downloads

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
The store says 105GB as well, is it usually wrong?
It has been in the past. I know Diablo 3 was/is wrong for example. But it's usually closer than the box. It doesn't include patches I think, so is actually usually under what it requires.

Edit : the UK store doesn't even say how much storage you need.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
It has been in the past. I know Diablo 3 was/is wrong for example. But it's usually closer than the box. It doesn't include patches I think, so is actually usually under what it requires.

Edit : the UK store doesn't even say how much storage you need.

That's weird as hell, The NA Store says:

1 player
Network Players 2-32 - Full game requires PlayStation®Plus membership to access online multiplayer
105GB minimum save size
DUALSHOCK®4
Online Play (Optional)

I've honestly never looked at it on the PlayStation Store for any games that I downloaded so I wasn't sure.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017

1 player
Network Players 2-32 - Full game requires PlayStation®Plus membership to access online multiplayer
105GB minimum save size
DUALSHOCK®4
Online Play (Optional)

I've honestly never looked at it on the PlayStation Store for any games that I downloaded so I wasn't sure.
Seems to be standard on the UK store, checked a few and nothing for pre-order had that info.

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
Sweet, thanks for the confirmation.

It's ok but I've had follow up since saying there is a one time
Internet activation required to unlock the game (not a download).
It's a sign in to social club

I assume once it's logged in it must write the login details to the save file for future bypass as it's a single time activation.

This obviously presents a problem for preserving the game but I'm sure me and the community will find a workaround

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
The 105GB was not in the game box, it was in the console bundle box. (its also displayed in the US PS Store) So its possible to be an estimate. Usually PS4 games takes less space than Xbox One games after instaled but they are usually very close. So if the game takes 89GB on Xbox no way it will take 105GB on PS4.

What usually matches the install space is whats printed in the game box. I dont have any game that told more space was required than the actual size, its the other way around, the games after instaled when get day 1 patches usually surpass whats on the box after instaled.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They should be forced into providing two physical discs if games reach a certain size. Does anyone know if the extra material offered in the special edition (i.e. the gated off single player content) will be available to buy separately?

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

1 player
105GB minimum save size
DUALSHOCK®4
Online Play (Optional)

This isn't the game size. Just the requirement to initiate the install process. The game size is usually shown on the right side of the screen. It's not up yet.