• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you double dipping?

• Yes

Votes: 521 40.4%
  • No

Votes: 365 28.3%
  • This is my first time playing the game

Votes: 405 31.4%

• Total voters

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really didn't like the latter third of the main story but I just can't pass up this stunning world with PC upgrades. Excited to do some atmospheric moseying.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
vestan seriously makes great OT's.

Excited to see how this will hold up. I'm also pretty excited for all the modding potential, but...

Just think of all the mods that are going to come.

And RedM.

Oh hell yeah

Double dipping for them mods

Inbefore C&D takedowns by Take 2.

They actually doxxed a modder and harassed him and his family like 1 or 2 months ago. Was related to Red Dead Redemption 1, but still pretty fucked up and I could easily see the same happening here again. Just like it also happened with GTA 5 and required Rockstar to actually intervene.

Lets hope they leave the modders for RDR2 alone, though.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
I'm hoping for 1440p 60fps and above via gsync with a 1080. We'll see I suppose.

Waiting for the steam version. Hopefully it's not too far behind

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
It's kind of funny how many people are expecting mid range videos to max out the game with ease at high resolution and how also how many are saying it's going to be the best game ever visually.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Hope my 1070 can completely max this out at 1440p and 144 HZ.
Don't count on it, the game probably has insanely demanding max settings. But like most PC games it's mostly stuff that you don't really notice much difference when playing so you're only screwing your framerate over if you put everything on max just to say you did. Do you really need perfect ambient occlusion on an iguana 2 miles away on the other side of a valley?

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017

Excited to see how this will hold up. I'm also pretty excited for all the modding potential, but...

They actually doxxed a modder and harassed him and his family like 1 or 2 months ago. Was related to Red Dead Redemption 1, but still pretty fucked up and I could easily see the same happening here again. Just like it also happened with GTA 5 and required Rockstar to actually intervene.

Totally different circunstancies. That modder was trying to mod an emulated version of RDR1 and several sites reported it as a "PC port" or "PC remaster", to what Take Two said "fuck no".

I don't defend Take Two's following actions, but that was no regular mod of a PC version. Take Two or Rockstar wont do anything with the mods from PC unless they mess up their online economy.

Oct 28, 2017
Don't count on it, the game probably has insanely demanding max settings. But like most PC games it's mostly stuff that you don't really notice much difference when playing so you're only screwing your framerate over if you put everything on max just to say you did. Do you really need perfect ambient occlusion on an iguana 2 miles away on the other side of a valley?
I absolutely need ambient occlusion on that iguana.

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping for decent performance on my 1080 Ti / Ryzen 2700X at 4.2 GHz / 32GB DDR4 3200 at MHz.

Have a 1440p G-Sync 144 Hz IPS monitor.

Also, you'll probably have to wait until the RTX 3080 Ti to be able to get decent Raytracing performance at high frame rates / resolution.

theslb

Nov 15, 2017
Fucking love PC if i can do 1080p 60fps maxout on my potato 4670k/G1 1070/12Gb Ram 2400Mhz/SSD i will cry:))

Aurora

Jul 22, 2018
Lemuria
Played to Chapter 6 so far on the PS4 Pro (literally just finished The Delights of Van Horn today), but double dipping on the Steam version for a low honor first person playthrough with keyboard and mouse.

On an i5-8300H and 1050 Ti 4GB, can I expect to hit 1080p 60fps at medium settings, if I use GTA 5 as a rough benchmark for how well a RAGE game runs? My home PC has an FX 6300 so I'm also curious as how well RAGE scales at the lower end of the spectrum.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Played to Chapter 6 so far on the PS4 Pro (literally just finished The Delights of Van Horn today), but double dipping on the Steam version for a low honor first person playthrough with keyboard and mouse.

On an i5-8300H and 1050 Ti 4GB, can I expect to hit 1080p 60fps at medium settings, if I use GTA 5 as a rough benchmark for how well a RAGE game runs? My home PC has an FX 6300 so I'm also curious as how well RAGE scales at the lower end of the spectrum.
I'm not sure if GTA V is a good benchmark, because that was a game made for the PS3/360 generation, while this is that technology 5 years later, for a different gen.

I do think it will scale down without problems. It seems like a port with a lot of care.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

Their pathetic stance didn't stop all the GTA V mods we got

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France
My game is pre-loaded and ready to run on Tuesday.

I still didn't receive my new rig so I hope my old one can run it nicely for the next week or so, even at low settings. After that, max settings it is!

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Totally different circunstancies. That modder was trying to mod an emulated version of RDR1 and several sites reported it as a "PC port" or "PC remaster", to what Take Two said "fuck no".

I don't defend Take Two's following actions, but that was no regular mod of a PC version. Take Two or Rockstar wont do anything with the mods from PC unless they mess up their online economy.

I'm aware that it was a mod for Red Dead Redemption for the Xenia Emulator, but still... I'm saying that they have a history of doing this and I have no doubt that the creators of FiveM/RedM will be targetted again, which is why I quoted it as an example.

Their pathetic stance didn't stop all the GTA V mods we got

True, although a lot of people gave up, because they were scared of the threats/consequences.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm just waiting on confirmation of we can transfer our RDO Characters. As soon as R* confirms that it'll be possible, I'll double dip. One of the best games ever made.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Thinking back on this game, I remember basically all of it. I continue feeling thoroughly done with this game, having spent 100+ hours on it. And I'm especially not interested in playing through the first couple of hours again, for the fourth time.

So I'll be skipping this one, until maybe some cool mods and trainers start appearing.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
If someone doesn't mod this into a full on hunting simulator I'm going to be very disappointed.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
The GOAT

Now at 4K/60

And with Rockstar Editor

AND MODS

I'M GONNA BUILD A HOUSE AS MACHO MAN RANDY SAVAGE

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I really hope that Polygon article saying there would be no character transfer for RDO ends up being wrong.

Oct 25, 2017
So I am in the market to buy a new Gaming PC, though I am also on a budget, somewhat.... I hope I can get good advice on what's the best PC to get to run this in 1440P or 1080P with over 60 fps (mostly maxed)..

So would a $1200 gaming PC in today's market be able to run this game in 1440p 60fps on mostly 'Very High' to "Max" Settings??

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
So I am in the market to buy a new Gaming PC, though I am also on a budget, somewhat....= I hope I can get good advice on waht's the best PC to get to run this in 1440P or 1080P with over 60 fps (mostly maxed)
You'll probably just need to wait for the Digital Foundry analysis to know that for sure. Judging by the system requirements/recommendations though, it doesn't seem like it'll be quite so demanding as to require absolutely top-end hardware to achieve 1440p/60.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hope my 1070 can completely max this out at 1440p and 144 HZ.

I also have a 1070 and a 1440p / 144 Hz monitor. I'm almost certain it will not reach 144 FPS.... haha

But assuming it's a variable refresh rate monitor, anything over like 45 FPS will provide an immeasurably experience than consoles, and probably look better while it's at it.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Hoping for 4K60 on my 2080 non Ti non Super. Atleast with the same settings as the Xbox One X