The controls are whack that I'm still trying to figure out. It seem like when you lock on to someone you left click to aim and left click to fire again. But when you are not locking on to anyone then it's right click to aim and left to fire like every shooters out there. The issue I run into is when I'm riding around and some guy comes out of the bush and demands money. My character will auto "lock" on that person and it's left click to aim and fire. I hope someone can explain this better.
Alright, the way it seems to work is the following:
- Draw your gun. You can do this a number of ways: select it from the weapon wheel; press the corresponding number key; press Tab to draw your last used weapon; or right click and then left click to draw (ie. what you guys are referring to).
- Fire from the hip without fine aiming. You fire more rapidly but your aim is not as good. This only requires a left click while your gun is drawn: no right click required.
- If you hold right click, you're in fine aim mode which is more accurate but doesn't fire as fast.
- Most guns are manually loaded weapons as opposed to semi-automatic or automatic. When fired in fine aim mode, you will have to left click to load the next bullet into the chamber. This 'empty chamber' state is signified by your reticle becoming a dark grey. After you've clicked, you're now ready to fire again, and your reticle returns to a light grey colour. All of this means that firing your weapon actually requires you to left click twice: once to fire and once to load the next round. If you fire from the hip, however, you don't seem to have to do this chamber load step, and you can fire rapidly.
- Dead Eye mode. Middle click while aiming to slow down time and automatically mark enemies under your reticle. You can mark as many times as you have bullets. Left click or running out of possible shots triggers your firing.
Controls are rebindable but you have to load into a game first. It's strange that you can't rebind right from the main menu.