• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you double dipping?

• Yes

Votes: 521 40.4%
  • No

Votes: 365 28.3%
  • This is my first time playing the game

Votes: 405 31.4%

• Total voters

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
The game/Rockstar launcher doesn't give much time or tells you than your account is already being used, (Nephew is using my account to play game), Not that bothered as I bought the game for his birthday and I have already finished it on PS4 . Other launchers are a damn sight better for this.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of mods that improve the game, I need a mod that removes nonsense penalties like receiving negative honor for looting corpses, especially when the game encourages you to search corpses to look for clues revealing why they died.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I've discovered I love the online far more than I do the single player. It's super chill riding around hunting and exploring. It just feels like there should be more to do. There's plenty of stuff gated off at stupidly high levels but levelling is incredibly slow. I do a bounty hunt and get maybe 250XP plus 16 dollars for bringing someone back alive.

It has the feel of a game that was supposed to be popular enough to get a much faster content release schedule than it actually got. One advantage it seems to have over GTA Online is the player base is approx 5000% less randomly homicidal.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
I've discovered I love the online far more than I do the single player. It's super chill riding around hunting and exploring. It just feels like there should be more to do. There's plenty of stuff gated off at stupidly high levels but levelling is incredibly slow. I do a bounty hunt and get maybe 250XP plus 16 dollars for bringing someone back alive.

It has the feel of a game that was supposed to be popular enough to get a much faster content release schedule than it actually got. One advantage it seems to have over GTA Online is the player base is approx 5000% less randomly homicidal.
I had the same impression but then I realised that if you Posse Up you get far more xp for stuff. I happened to join a guy who had a proper large trading wagon, and I got so much trader xp from playing with him for a bit.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of mods that improve the game, I need a mod that removes nonsense penalties like receiving negative honor for looting corpses, especially when the game encourages you to search corpses to look for clues revealing why they died.

Receiving some negative honor is not really a penalty. It makes sense for Arthur's character. Looting a random dead body is dishonorable regardless of whether it's rewarding or not. You only lose a tiny bit anyway. Just greet a few people and you'll get it back.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thats a good boi

0_0.jpg

laxu

Nov 26, 2017

If you don't loot corpses in a town it's irrelevant and you can get the rep lost back by just greeting a few folks.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I am about 20 hours into my PC playthrough and I have fallen back in love with this absolute gem of a game. I have only done 3 missions in Chapter 2 so far as I have been having a blast just riding around hunting and exploring. The world Rockstar has crafted here really is something...

Nov 25, 2017
Finland
A question:

Had a legendary pelt (+ a great stack of perfect pelts) on my horse and the gorram wolves ate me.

So, the legendary pelt is just as lost as the other pelts?

Is there no way of storing these perfect pelts other than having them on your horse's butt?

Kinda bummed about this.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
A question:

Had a legendary pelt (+ a great stack of perfect pelts) on my horse and the gorram wolves ate me.

Is there no way of storing these perfect pelts other than having them on your horse's butt?

Kinda bummed about this.

You deliver Legendary pelts to Trapper and they are stored there until you decide to craft Legendary items and outfits.

So i managed to "grind" 16 Gold Bars in like 4 day XD Not bad. That is enough for one License (i think that i will go with Bounty Hunter one first).

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Found this herbalist side quest today. It has to be new for the PC version, right?

Zwx25Qc.jpg

So i managed to "grind" 16 Gold Bars in like 4 day XD Not bad. That is enough for one License (i think that i will go with Bounty Hunter one first).

Go with collector if you want easy cash. It can be a bit grindy since you spend %90 of your time traveling from one place to another but so fun if you like exploration. Just follow this map https://jeanropke.github.io/RDR2CollectorsMap/

Vaskie

Oct 27, 2017
Could someone tell me which key is by default bound on the keyboard to go to first person mode ?

Thank you

smashballTaz

Oct 29, 2017
So I'm a few hours into the game and I'm loving it. I'm having trouble making money though, I make a few hundred or so by looting and general missions. I'd like to try hunting, but killing then selling a carcass that is on a time limit before it starts attracting flies on your horse seems to give me a measly few dollars or less. What am I missing? The bounties in the sheriff's office in Valentine seem to be over for now.

Anyone recommend anything before I resort to looking up gameguides on Polygon and the like. Or should I just continue playing the story missions. The latest one I did was retrieving Mary's little brother from the Chelonians.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The home robberies are awesome. I thought they would be Ubi like, repeatable, dull missions. But they are all small events (so far).

Oct 27, 2017
USA
A question:

Kinda bummed about this.
Legendary pets will automatically go to the Trapper if lost, you just don't get the $$ for turning them in. Other pelts are lost.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
So I'm a few hours into the game and I'm loving it. I'm having trouble making money though, I make a few hundred or so by looting and general missions. I'd like to try hunting, but killing then selling a carcass that is on a time limit before it starts attracting flies on your horse seems to give me a measly few dollars or less. What am I missing? The bounties in the sheriff's office in Valentine seem to be over for now.

Anyone recommend anything before I resort to looking up gameguides on Polygon and the like. Or should I just continue playing the story missions. The latest one I did was retrieving Mary's little brother from the Chelonians.
Legendary animal hunts net some pretty solid returns when you sell the skins to the trapper. Early on the best way to make money is treasure hunts, which are actually fun and well designed, and pay out $500+ on completion. And if you're just desperate for cash, have a quick search in Limpany.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Two questions:

How do you turn of vignette (darker on the bottom and top part of screens)?

Any way to remove the small dot cursor always at the center of the screen?

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
This looks incredible. I wish I would have waited a year to play this on my ultrawide but I enjoy it also on the PS4. I just wish I could somehow transfer my progress from PS4 to PC.

You can. There's a tool that converts saves from console to PC. Read something about it a few pages back.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Do you make screenshots using other tool like MSI AB when in game's photomode?
Because when saving in-game the Rockstar Social Club seems to be outputted only in 1080p...and squished like this one - I noticed only now :/
Qposr1A.png

I use in-game photomode to align the shot and then MSI Afterburner to take actual shot. I couldn't be bothered with that Social Club shit to begin with so been taking all shots this way.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Because when saving in-game the Rockstar Social Club seems to be outputted only in 1080p...and squished like this one - I noticed only now :/
Probably why Rockstar put the bars there in the first place.

Easier to do that to update all their social stuff to accept 21:9 screenshots.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Qposr1A.png

Where do you find photos captured in-game?

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone been able to get the white arabian horse? I got it on consoles when i first played the game but is not respawning for me on PC.