• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you double dipping?

• Yes

Votes: 521 40.4%
  • No

Votes: 365 28.3%
  • This is my first time playing the game

Votes: 405 31.4%

• Total voters

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
rdr2_2019_11_10_21_58lhkcq.png

rdr2_2019_11_10_22_051kjsm.png

rdr2_2019_11_10_23_27i9jeo.png

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like Twitch Prime stuff is working now, but I doubt I'll get a refund on my 15 gold bars for the bounty hunter license

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Nice. What are you using for pics, Ansel or Afterburner or something else? The in game photo option doesn't allow for 21:9 stupidly.
Also need to look at the mod for getting rid of the borders in cut scenes etc. Reduces the image to a silly letterbox surrounded buy black bars.

https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/...-redemption-2-ultrawide-multimonitor-fov-mod/ + MSI Afterburner + in-game photo mode. Don't take actual shots with photo mode as it crops / crams them to 16:9 so instead use e.g. Afterburner.

That tool has you covered for photo mode and cutscenes.

https://github.com/FransBouma/Injec...heatTables/RDR2_PhotomodeEnhancements_Otis.CT for just screenshot focus.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
So my friend discovered this interesting little tidbit.

If you run the benchmark from inside the game it'll show the places the benchmark takes place on the map once you go back to the main game since it seems to use a copy of your save file (if you have one) for the run, as you keep your clothing, core states (run the benchmark near death and you can die in it, or so I've heard).

2MERDdr.png

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
Game worked for me today. The hangs were there but not as bad as before. No update was applied which just drives home how unstable this release is. But I had a blast, got to the first camp. Mainly medium with lighting on ultra and textures on high.
reddeadredemption210_a0jh2.png

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shame, the CE table from Otis that removes pillarboxing in photo mode crashes my game. No idea why. I tried manually hunting down that opcode and NOPing myself and it still crashes. So my game straight up doesn't want me doing that for some reason. Which sucks. I was almost tempted to take screenshots. But now I'll just play it I guess :)

On another note, this game crashes 100% of the time if I go into a house and my FPS is less than 60. No lies. FPS higher than 60, I can open doors. Less than 60, crashes.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Game worked for me today. The hangs were there but not as bad as before. No update was applied which just drives home how unstable this release is. But I had a blast, got to the first camp. Mainly medium with lighting on ultra and textures on high.
reddeadredemption210_a0jh2.png
If you have the hardware for lighting on ultra, there is no reason to have textures at anything besides ultra. Frankly the textures at lower settings are completely unacceptable. And it might be worth dialing lighting back to high to allow you to move some other settings to high as well. Ultra lighting is a performance hog especially in towns and high still looks really good.

scrambledeggs

Apr 25, 2018
Managed to finally start the game properly a couple of days ago, now it's always crashing 30 minutes to an hour into it. 🙃 According to the Event Viewer, it's something to do with error 0xc000005?

This game has been a blast to play, but this shit has really soured my experience.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God i wish there was a mod that just let you permanently change fps fov in an ini or something. Im too lazy to use a tool everytime lol.

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
If you have the hardware for lighting on ultra, there is no reason to have textures at anything besides ultra. Frankly the textures at lower settings are completely unacceptable. And it might be worth dialing lighting back to high to allow you to move some other settings to high as well. Ultra lighting is a performance hog especially in towns and high still looks really good.
Thank you and noted.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
So does having a mouse make the shooting not blow or what
I tried it out for all of 15 seconds and even with the slider at the absolute lowest it will go ingame, my sensitivity was so high that I was pulling 360s with a small wrist flick. I didn't want to bother playing around with the DPI settings on my mouse, so I can't speak to anything beyond the ridiculous sensitivity bar.

Oct 27, 2017
So does having a mouse make the shooting not blow or what
Feels great to me on M/KB as it's one of the main reasons I wanted it on PC as I quit the game very early on Xbox One X due to the sluggish controls and input lag. I've yet to use a controller on the PC version but I'm assuming it feels great compared to the console versions.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Feels great to me on M/KB as it's one of the main reasons I wanted it on PC as I quit the game very early on Xbox One X due to the sluggish controls and input lag. I've yet to use a controller on the PC version but I'm assuming it feels great compared to the console versions.
For deadeye and fist fights, it almost feels like you have a cheat turned on.
What are you all using for mouse settings? My DPI is not that high, but I still have absolutely unplayably high sensitivity with the ingame sliders for mouse look / mouse aim. Are you messing with mouse DPI / acceleration or are there other ingame settings I'm just not seeing?

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was hunting. The deer twitched in the last second and my shot didn't killt it. It ran away for 100m and then collapsed. When I reached it, it lay in its own blood, desperately trying to get up. It had panic in its eyes. I killed it with a clean and quick stab into the heart.

I'm no longer hunting.

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
Not really, no.

The combat is easily the worst part of the game.

Anyhow for those playing with mouse I recommand this, made it actually usable. Directinput + 100% smoothing.

How can Direct Input + smoothing be better than Raw Input.

I don't understand this game.

I agree with the first part. It's still clunky with kb+m

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Fine by me, I was past halfway. I can't find the tool though.
Still stings we couldn't transfer our MP characters. Especially when we could for GTA V.
WHAT? SERIOUSLY? Where ... I cant find it and used google :( I really want to continue playing this game on PC (SP)
Apparently you need to use a program called "Save Wizard" (basically a program that let you modify PS4 saves, and cost 60$...) to decrypt you PS4 save, and then use "RDR2 Save Editor" to convert it to PC.

I was interested too, but no way I'm gonna buy that program.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently you need to use a program called "Save Wizard" (basically a program that let you modify PS4 saves, and cost 60$...) to decrypt you PS4 save, and then use "RDR2 Save Editor" to convert it to PC.

You don't just use http://x3t-infinity.com/RDR_SE

Edit the story part, give yourself gold medals for the missions you've already done

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Really enjoying all the screen shots being shared here. It looks so good I want to upgrade my PC.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Fine by me, I was past halfway. I can't find the tool though.

Still stings we couldn't transfer our MP characters. Especially when we could for GTA V.

Yeah, or ideally keep them in sync. I don't really get why Rockstar wouldn't let you given that your character is stored on Rockstar's infrastructure (social club), not XBL or PSN.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

Tried decrypting my PS4 save with that program but the rdr2 save editor doesnt detect it anyway
Yeah, or ideally keep them in sync. I don't really get why Rockstar wouldn't let you given that your character is stored on Rockstar's infrastructure (social club), not XBL or PSN.
Yeah, it's weak af. Just another negative to add to the big pile.

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was bringing a wagon to the fence but also found an old lady that needed a ride on the way. I thought I'd be slick and return the wagon first and then take the long out-of-my-way trip back to Valentine to drop her off. The barn doors literally ate the woman up as we got off the wagon, but the quest still says to return her. I just gave up on her but I wonder if I could bring another wagon to the fence and it would open up and she'd come out...poor lady.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
My save isn't only about farm and money, but stranger missions, other secondary missions like bounty hunt, collectibles... this isn't same thing as true PS4 save transfer, at all (especially for someone that didn't finished the game at 100%).
Well, it's better than nothing 🤷‍♂️

That save wizard method didn't even work for me. I get this:

lDOaIL3.png

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck you R*

Leaving going to pay Downes a visit until I absolutely have to, read the letter from Mary, once read, a cut scene appears and Strauss bangs on at you to visit Downes, then you are forced to do that mission and nothing else. Bastards R*

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Even using an Xbone controller, I think the aiming feels way better here than on the consoles.

Turned the deadzone setting all the way down, aim acceleration all the way up and bumped the sensitivity up a few notches. With all that + the higher framerate I haven't had any issues using free aim.

Juno

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got RDR 2 pc version working. Apparently disabling sound drivers worked. My headphones are hooked into an external monitor that only shows my desktop. Safe to say the pc launch hasn't been ideal

Oct 29, 2017
I had a standoff with one of those gunslingers, I'm using a PS4 controller with the alternate control scheme and the game told me to "hold R1 lightly" to fill up the gauge... how am I supposed to do that? I died a few times trying to do it but couldn't, so I just gave up and shot them right away.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
The game is working fine for me in general but I ran into a weird map bug yesterday. Basically all the icons (missions, towns, NPCs,etc) were disconnected from the map itself so when I zoomed in or out everything went to shit on the map... Anybody else seen this?

Oct 27, 2017
The game is working fine for me in general but I ran into a weird map bug yesterday. Basically all the icons (missions, towns, NPCs,etc) were disconnected from the map itself so when I zoomed in or out everything went to shit on the map... Anybody else seen this?

Happens to me all of the time. It's fine when I first load up but then at some point it goes to shit and doesn't fix unless I restart the game.