• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you double dipping?

• Yes

Votes: 521 40.4%
  • No

Votes: 365 28.3%
  • This is my first time playing the game

Votes: 405 31.4%

• Total voters

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
this is the first game in forever i couldn't get to run. no matter what i do it always crashes to desktop. I can't think of anything else to do. Updating Windows 10 and all the launchers. I have to be missing something here

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's no precedent of this though and I doubt Valve would ever act on it, and that's assuming there even is a policy regarding this in the first place.

Rockstar's only statement is that it'll be available on Steam this December.

Why would they add it to the publisher agreement and then not act on it? It's a direct response to publishers using Steam pages as an advertisement platform before signing EGS exclusivity deals.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Why would they add it to the publisher agreement and then not act on it? It's a direct response to publishers using Steam pages as an advertisement platform before signing EGS exclusivity deals.
As I mentioned, I'm not sure there even was a change to the agreement in the first place. RDR2 doesn't have a store page yet so it would probably not fall under that policy.

But more to the point, I don't really see the point in having a policy like that in place. I don't think it's a smart move by Valve to put pressure on publishers like Take Two/Rockstar or anyone for that matter.

We have a lot of games from EA, like Apex Legends, The Sims 4 and Unravel 2 announced for a Steam-release, and they're years old at this point. These games would theoretically break that policy rule and making exceptions where they see fit wouldn't be a good look, and certainly not in line with how Valve usually operates.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Switching from DX12 to Vulkan fixed all my issues, I kept crashing at random times and I haven't crashed since switching.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Sadly I'm on an Intel processor. I clean installed drivers and tried different SSDs but no luck. I enjoyed what I played on Xbox X but I really was looking forward to playing on my ultra wide monitor. I hope they release some sort of patch soon

Did it ever work?

I've had story get in a corrupt state that crashes on load and I've fixed it both times bu starting online and exiting then loading story

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Did it ever work?

I've had story get in a corrupt state that crashes on load and I've fixed it both times bu starting online and exiting then loading story
Sadly no. I launch the game and it would flash the rdr has crashed so you want to reboot in safe mode before that goes away too. I wonder if it's Epic Games Store version exclusive or something

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

It is in their agreement for like 8 years if not more. It was first formulated that you can't release product anywhere before it is on Steam, then over the years they added 30 days par. But they never enforced that. They could enforce it but they won't.

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
My menu appears broken. It shows half the screen whenever I pause the game, and I saw that vsync causes it? I don't have vsync turned on.
If you've got FXAA turned on, try turning it off.

---

Got my Arthur lookin' good.
rrWPgcc.jpg

Gibbo

The Fallen
Nov 20, 2017
Keep getting 5-10 seconds stuttering- where the game just hangs. Which is Wierd considering that when it doesn't stutter, the fps is quite smooth. Playing on medium settings.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
So after playing Red Dead Online for a week i managed to get 25 Gold Bars. Not bad but still grindy.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I used to use ps4 macro with remote play and afk in takedown series

not exactly fair, but it was great for making money and gold bars

I did everything by the book :P Now i will get Bounty Hunter License for 15 Gold Bars (because Twitch thing doesn't work)because that is only role that can earn gold. And then i will go for Trader License to earn some money XD

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
So after playing Red Dead Online for a week i managed to get 25 Gold Bars. Not bad but still grindy.
I'm not really sure what the bars are actually that useful for though. There's a few cosmetics locked behind them, and they let you shortcut a few things, but beyond the three professions (which you need 45 bars to unlock all three), I don't feel any pressure to really gain them.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not really sure what the bars are actually that useful for though. There's a few cosmetics locked behind them, and they let you shortcut a few things, but beyond the three professions (which you need 45 bars to unlock all three), I don't feel any pressure to really gain them.

I kinda make my own goal to earn all gold bars for roles (not spending 25 Gold Bars i got for pre-order).

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
As I mentioned, I'm not sure there even was a change to the agreement in the first place. RDR2 doesn't have a store page yet so it would probably not fall under that policy.

But more to the point, I don't really see the point in having a policy like that in place. I don't think it's a smart move by Valve to put pressure on publishers like Take Two/Rockstar or anyone for that matter.

We have a lot of games from EA, like Apex Legends, The Sims 4 and Unravel 2 announced for a Steam-release, and they're years old at this point. These games would theoretically break that policy rule and making exceptions where they see fit wouldn't be a good look, and certainly not in line with how Valve usually operates.
I assume the policy is in place to prevent Pubs from using Steam as a free advertising platform/support forum. Doesn't exactly make sense for Valve to offer these services when it gets delayed on their platform for up to a year later.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
It's at least communication but it's a bit of a non-apology for releasing it in shitty condition. I hope the patch solves crashing issues for both Vulkan and DX12.

You can tell they made absolutely sure to minimize their acknowledgement of widespread issues. I guess you can't blame them, since they ARE here to make a profit, but it's still scummy as all hell and not really worth a pat on the back.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I finally had a nearly-game-breaking bug last night (I've been surprisingly stable unlike a lot of other folks). I was doing a late Chapter 2 mission and things were getting a little hectic; it's one of those missions where everything falls apart and you have to go on a rampage. So the music is thumping, there's bullets everywhere, and there's a brief lull in the action so that I can help someone get on a horse... except I can't. Because the button prompt starts spazzing out and not letting me hold the button down to perform the action. Everyone is yelling "come on Arthur, let's go, we gotta get outta here!" etc. And I'm just running laps around this stupid horse not able to interact with it. And this went on for like 3 minutes, because I am stubborn, and I didn't want to replay the mission from the beginning. Eventually the game let me interact with a completely different horse (which I had been trying for quite some time) and it triggered a little cutscene so I could finish up the mission. Talk about an immersion-breaker; let me pause in the middle of a shootout for several minutes and just run around like an idiot. Fortunately I didn't have to lose progress or anything.

When I played the game on PS4 Pro, the Chapter 2 camp was my favorite. But hot damn, the camp in Chapter 3 is absolutely stunning on PC. It's just phenomenal how good this game looks. I'm going to have to slow down and do more challenges / hunting; I missed a couple gang side activities in Chapter 2 and I'm bummed about it. And the lack of inventory space is starting to bug me again; got too used to 99 slots for everything.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Does anybody know if people in saloons react to you in a frightened manner if you're known to be a tough guy?

Like in the old western flicks when they walk in and everyone goes silent? I have yet to see it happen but could have sworn I read about that happening in this game.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Does anybody know if people in saloons react to you in a frightened manner if you're known to be a tough guy?

Like in the old western flicks when they walk in and everyone goes silent? I have yet to see it happen but could have sworn I read about that happening in this game.
Unlike Red Dead Redemption 1, there's no "Fame" meter, so I don't think you can have a reputation follow you. But people will definitely react if you have already started trouble in a particular place before, especially if you have low honor.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I just spent like 4 hours walking and riding trying to find blackberries online lol. I found one dang bush. Ended up finding half a dozen raspberry bushes though. /shrugs

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States

Bartenders will absolutely remember you. I remember walking into the tap house in Rhodes after having punched out the blackjack dealer for taking like five straight hands the night before. The bartender said something like "easy partner, we're all in a good mood and don't need any more trouble here."
Not sure about NPCs/ bar guests though.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't bothered taking many screenshots... but here I couldn't help myself.

inwQmz.png

inwVuT.png

More in the spoiler (but no spoilers)

inwqQ7.png

inwBnr.png

inwmyF.png

inwd8b.png

[/spoilers]

Setting aren't even maxed out O_O

Last edited:

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Finally able to jump in, wasn't too happy with the console version but finished it strictly for the story. Definitely gonna take my time this go around. The amount of settings especially for someone relatively new to PC gaming is overwhelming.

For someone with a 2070 Super and a i7-9700k is there a general limit I should set things at? Anyone with a similar setup care to share their settings if they feel good about them.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
So on that spoiler that got posted in a comments by some d-bag in the NVIDIA marketing piece for RDR2. I'm still really early and in chapter two but...

I guess it wouldn't have been much in way of a spoiler after all. Even without that spoiler I would've caught the guy with the debt obviously with TB coughing blood on Arthur's face would lead to.