• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you double dipping?

• Yes

Votes: 521 40.4%
  • No

Votes: 365 28.3%
  • This is my first time playing the game

Votes: 405 31.4%

• Total voters
Nov 25, 2017
Finland
In-game to R* Social and you have to upload them from there to R* Social service and then from some website you find them. I think.

I just gave up on it when I realized it requires that upload fuckery and just aligned shot with photomode and used RTSS to snap picture itself for instant .png on SSD.

Thanks, figured that place out. Thought that I'd change to taking screenshots on Geforce Experience :)

IgnotumCL

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else's map go all weird when you zoom in and out? My icons go walkabout.

Same here right now

Red_Dead_Redemption_II_Screenshot_2019.11.06_-_12.18.38.19.png

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I've played just past the "tutorial", now in Chapter 2. I've spent a few hours just roaming about and enjoying the simplicity of life back then, the amazing views, picking plants lol. I'm going to end up with a LOT of hours on this.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
The atmosphere during the intro with the oppressive snow and sparse lighting is so incredible on PC. The limited vision from the storm coupled with snatches of light from lanterns, goddamn. It was already immersive on consoles, but it's on another level now.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno if it's been mentioned yet or not, but a quick reminder for folks playing RDO: given free aim is so much easier on PC than on console, unless something changed in the transition from console to PC, you get more experience points per kill with free aim than you do with soft or hard-lock aiming.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
The atmosphere during the intro with the oppressive snow and sparse lighting is so incredible on PC. The limited vision from the storm coupled with snatches of light from lanterns, goddamn. It was already immersive on consoles, but it's on another level now.

I absolutely love chapter 1 in general. It feels like a different game altogether.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
This is possibly the most atmospheric game that I have ever played. The game play feels slow, but it works because of how real it all feels. I usually don't like slow, plodding games. Graphically, this is also probably the best looking open world game as well. I'm incredibly impressed. It feels so good just riding my horse and taking in the sights!

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
This game looks amazing.

Playing some online now - for the 1-4 player online missions, is there a way to force the game to play them as 1 player missions? I tried immediately cancelling matchmaking after it started, but that just put me back to the mission info screen.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
This is possibly the most atmospheric game that I have ever played. The game play feels slow, but it works because of how real it all feels. I usually don't like slow, plodding games. Graphically, this is also probably the best looking open world game as well. I'm incredibly impressed. It feels so good just riding my horse and taking in the sights!

Enjoy. Yes, the game is generally slow burn, but I'd say that chapter 3 kicks things up in a higher gear.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I am so into the online right now I don't even know if I'll play the story much. I didn't touch online at all on ps4 but it's pretty great imo.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
Any tips to survive animals attacking you? Like, seriously, fuck cheetahs. Also packs of wolves where, even if you shoot one, two others start biting you.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
I't a great looking game. Shame photo mode only leaves pics on your R* Social Club and it's only in 16:9. To get 21:9 pics I have to use Nvidia or Afterburner.

gman7722

Oct 24, 2019
Can somebody please explain to be why the gameplay renders in gorgeous 21:9 aspect ratio for ultrawide monitors but in game cut scenes shrink the aspect ratio down to 16:9?

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Is the input lag/delay any better than the consoles?
Yes, but there's still considerable lag when using a controller and having the character start moving from standing still. Camera movement with a controller is totally fine, and kb/m controls are even more responsive with regards to both character movement and camera movement.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Any tips to survive animals attacking you? Like, seriously, fuck cheetahs. Also packs of wolves where, even if you shoot one, two others start biting you.

Played through the game twice and learned yesterday that if you stand still a bear will likely not attack you. Packs of wolves are tough unless you dead eye meter is full.

h00jraq

Mar 21, 2019
Well Fallen Order comes out on November 15 and I have Sekiro to finish... Holidays in December so I hope in January it will be fixed...

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Ok yeah there's definitely a bug with Vulkan. When I'm mounted on my horse, frametimes are clearly doubled while I'm holding CTRL. Nothing it happening. Just holding CTRL and looking around. As soon as I stop holding CTRL, it's fine.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to claim the Twitch Prime free bounty hunter licence on PC if you haven't claimed it on the original platform?

The account link shows a tick next to PC on the Rockstar site, and Amazon says it's available on PC - but I only see options to choose PS4 or Xbox when linking the social club account.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Is there aim assist in RDO like on consoles?
By default, yes, but it can be lowered or completely disabled in the settings menu.
Saint Denis at night with all settings cranked is ridiculously immersive.
Yes, although it's immersive in much the same way the real New Orleans is when you're whacked out of your gourd on ether and the time dilation makes you feel like you're moving in slow motion. Because my goodness does Saint Denis at night tank my framerate. It's so damn pretty I don't want to turn anything down though.

bic

Oct 28, 2017
I am completely unable to rescue Sean in the 'The First Shall Be Last' mission. I get to the point where I'm supposed to look at him on the boat through binoculars but the mission never progresses. I see on YouTube that he's supposed to be taken off the boat but that never happens in my game. Really hope this isn't game breaking. Can't find anything online about this issue.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
By default, yes, but it can be lowered or completely disabled in the settings menu.

Yes, although it's immersive in much the same way the real New Orleans is when you're whacked out of your gourd on ether and the time dilation makes you feel like you're moving in slow motion. Because my goodness does Saint Denis at night tank my framerate. It's so damn pretty I don't want to turn anything down though.

I'm capped at 30fps because towns don't run at 60 no matter what settings I use on my 6600k.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So didnt the game get better controls versus the somewhat sluggish ones at launch? That is honestly my biggest complaint, if they have fixed it I will jump right back in.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
So didnt the game get better controls versus the somewhat sluggish ones at launch? That is honestly my biggest complaint, if they have fixed it I will jump right back in.

I don't think it's different, but it feels a lot better to play even with pad. Still can't get over it how good game feels to play on PC @ 60+ FPS with Elite 2 controller when compared to how sluggish and unresponsive game felt on pleb PS4.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I'm capped at 30fps because towns don't run at 60 no matter what settings I use on my 6600k.
I'm on a 980Ti, so Saint Denis at night on Ultra is literally under 20 FPS. It's like motion sickness bad. Only place in the game I've found (so far) that is literally unplayable at max settings (1080P), but I haven't delved much into tweaking; I was mainly interested in blazing through Chapter 1 so I could revisit some of my favorite places in a level of detail I never got on PS4.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I don't think it's different, but it feels a lot better to play even with pad. Still can't get over it how good game feels to play on PC @ 60+ FPS with Elite 2 controller when compared to how sluggish and unresponsive game felt on pleb PS4.
They still default to poor dead zone and acceleration values for stick responsiveness on a controller, although the dead zone is not nearly as bad as it was on the console launch. But once you clean that up, it feels reasonably crisp. I'm sure higher FPS gives an obvious benefit there as well. It's never going to feel like an Assassin's Creed in terms of responsiveness, but it's not as bad as people made it out to be.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm on a 980Ti, so Saint Denis at night on Ultra is literally under 20 FPS. It's like motion sickness bad. Only place in the game I've found (so far) that is literally unplayable at max settings (1080P), but I haven't delved much into tweaking; I was mainly interested in blazing through Chapter 1 so I could revisit some of my favorite places in a level of detail I never got on PS4.

Yeah I've got a 2070 Super paired with my old ass CPU so I can crank everything without much issue if I'm calling to 30. I'll switch back to 60 if there's a patch that improves CPU utilisation though, I actually do get locked 60 just running around the open world.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Ultrawide support is very disappointing. The workaround to the cutscenes and cinematic view causes cutscenes to not even play, and the update version just basically turns it off, which sucks. Why even say your game is UW ready when it's clearly not? No one wants to watch cutscenes or use the auto path feature in a tiny box in the middle of their screen.