• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you double dipping?

• Yes

Votes: 521 40.4%
  • No

Votes: 365 28.3%
  • This is my first time playing the game

Votes: 405 31.4%

• Total voters

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps one of the other CPU limiting methods listed here might work for you :
Will try, thanks
You're not wrong. Steam might not be pretty but it works and has always worked. RGL is a complete and utter dumpster fire.
Genuinely the worst launcher I've ever used. Makes EGS look like a beacon of consumerism.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The virtual unlimited draw distance in the PC port is quite something, no other game comes close right now. Hopefully this is a taste of what next gen open world titles will be like.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Can't be arsed to crop these, hopefully R* fixed photomode.

rdr2_2019_11_07_21_28jrjqv.png

rdr2_2019_11_07_23_17efkqt.png

rdr2_2019_11_07_23_1836jry.png

jerk

Nov 6, 2017
Is there a way to disable DS4 native support? I want to use DS4windows with gyro aiming. It works, but the game is constantly fighting between being an Xbox controller, PS4 controller and keyboard/mouse. It produces some interesting bugs. (Author wants to go into dead eye mode constantly)

I've enabled "Hide DS4" in the options so it's weird that it keeps toggling between Xbox and PS4 buttons.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
The game's been really quick to remind me why I dropped it in the first place.

I'm out here trying to be as honorable as possible. Trying to make a little money, so I stop by the place I last played five-finger fillet. There's some O'Driscolls there, and they immediately pull their guns out and start shooting me. I didn't have any guns, because this game decided it was a good idea to rob me of my weapons every single time I get on my horse, so I died.

As soon as I respawned, I left town to head back to camp, and on my way back I helped a dude fight off a cougar. He thanked me, went on his way, and I threw the cougar on my other horse. The game told me my horse was dirty, so I took it to some nearby water, got it clean, then started heading back to camp, when more O'Driscolls showed up and killed me because they're absolute bullet sponges and I hadn't gotten the chance to recover from the time they'd killed me 5 minutes ago, and all the controls in this game are completely unresponsive, so my character refused to pull his gun out and fight back. Hell, I died while in red eye mode. When I respawned, the cougar corpse was gone.

This isn't fun.

I'm not having fun.

This doesn't feel like a video game meant to be played for enjoyment. It makes me feel like I should be playing something else while watching somebody else suffer through this.

Edit: Rolled into camp on my horse, pressed the button to hitch my horse to the post, but instead, my character fell off the horse onto a horse hitched nearby, and when I got up, that horse kicked me in the head and killed me.

I'm gonna buy Disco Elysium and play that instead.
Lmao love your complaints.

You know what Arthur is right? You're not playing a game where you create a character and have multiple story choices.

Arthur is what he is, its not because you decide to play some fun game with your sworn enemies that they should comply lol.

But yeah the game can bug out at times, and the pace of the gameplay is not for everyone.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I give up trying to play this with mouse and keyboard, feels better with a controller.

Shame they took away text chat, it was handy in GTA V.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Also, glad I got the ultimate edition. Online rewards are very helpful.

Bit shitty I had to spend 5 gold on my free horse though.

smashballTaz

Oct 29, 2017
I seem to have encountered a bit of a bug in a mission with Kieran, named 'Paying a Social Call'.

We all get on our horses, go to ride out of the camp, and everyone stops, can't move any further forward. This sucks. Have already tried reloading an autosave, will try restarting the whole game next.

[edit] I seem to have fixed it by getting off my horse, running forwards away from everyone, calling my horse to me, getting back on my horse (gooood guuuurl), then everyone seems to have remembered what we were meant to be doing and is going along with the mission.

IgnotumCL

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The online mode is good? What thing you must to do?
I'm playing campaign and I think I will have a lot of hours yet here

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019

I'm out here trying to be as honorable as possible. Trying to make a little money, so I stop by the place I last played five-finger fillet. There's some O'Driscolls there, and they immediately pull their guns out and start shooting me. I didn't have any guns, because this game decided it was a good idea to rob me of my weapons every single time I get on my horse, so I died.

As soon as I respawned, I left town to head back to camp, and on my way back I helped a dude fight off a cougar. He thanked me, went on his way, and I threw the cougar on my other horse. The game told me my horse was dirty, so I took it to some nearby water, got it clean, then started heading back to camp, when more O'Driscolls showed up and killed me because they're absolute bullet sponges

I don't know man it takes one bullet to the head to kill anything that isn't an alligator. Also works with arrows

oh also you dont need to aim at a specific body part to kill a human with throwing knives.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
there are some weird mission bugs on PC, like the one where you need to rescue
Sean
or the Black Belle photo mission.

Far as I know, the
Sean
one can be fixed by switching the screen mode to windowed mode from fullscreen while you're in the binoculars.

However, apparently, some are speculating these bugs are happening to some people due to having multiple screens hooked up in the first place. Unplugging the secondary screen and restarting the game fixed the scripting for some at least.

Pazee

Banned
Nov 5, 2019

As soon as I respawned, I left town to head back to camp, and on my way back I helped a dude fight off a cougar. He thanked me, went on his way, and I threw the cougar on my other horse. The game told me my horse was dirty, so I took it to some nearby water, got it clean, then started heading back to camp, when more O'Driscolls showed up and killed me because they're absolute bullet sponges and I hadn't gotten the chance to recover from the time they'd killed me 5 minutes ago, and all the controls in this game are completely unresponsive, so my character refused to pull his gun out and fight back. Hell, I died while in red eye mode. When I respawned, the cougar corpse was gone.

This isn't fun.

I'm not having fun.

This doesn't feel like a video game meant to be played for enjoyment. It makes me feel like I should be playing something else while watching somebody else suffer through this.

Edit: Rolled into camp on my horse, pressed the button to hitch my horse to the post, but instead, my character fell off the horse onto a horse hitched nearby, and when I got up, that horse kicked me in the head and killed me.

I'm gonna buy Disco Elysium and play that instead.
Sounds like you have not gotten use to the mechanics and controls yet. You always have your pistol on you for one.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
there are some weird mission bugs on PC, like the one where you need to rescue
Sean
or the Black Belle photo mission.

Far as I know, the
Sean
one can be fixed by switching the screen mode to windowed mode from fullscreen while you're in the binoculars.

However, apparently, some are speculating these bugs are happening to some people due to having multiple screens hooked up in the first place. Unplugging the secondary screen and restarting the game fixed the scripting for some at least.
For what it's worth, I didn't have any issues with the rescue mission. Haven't done Belle yet.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On this debt collector intro mission it gives you three to go for but only 1 is needed. Can I do 1 now, complete the story aspect, and go get the other two later, or are they only available right now?

Jun 1, 2018
Upland
I give up trying to play this with mouse and keyboard, feels better with a controller.

Shame they took away text chat, it was handy in GTA V.

I just reserve gunfights with mouse and keyboard as I can't aim on controller worth shit, haha.

I am bummed bout text chat but I will say, everyone is super into the spirit of the game. Friends and I played with a random 4th and he was very vocal and we were talking of the era and having a good time, same with the random posse's we've encountered around.

Any reports of free-aim only servers being a thing?

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Yeah going to stick with controller for now as well. I'm already used to it from the PS4 version and these keyboard & mouse menu controls might be some of the worst I've ever had to deal with. Nice that the PS4 button prompts are in the game.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're chapter specific. If you don't do them during each specific chapter, you miss out.

Not worried about the chapter, what I mean is, can I do just 1, complete the "story" part of the mission, and go do the others in chapter 2 at my leisure? Or do they disappear if I turn it in only having done 1.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah going to stick with controller for now as well. I'm already used to it from the PS4 version and these keyboard & mouse menu controls might be some of the worst I've ever had to deal with. Nice that the PS4 button prompts are in the game.
The menus are horrid but movement and aiming feels so much better on m/kb

Oct 27, 2017
I loved it the first time but my God the game is so much better when it lurches into combat and you're not fighting the controls. Combat is actually fun now.

I cannot wait until someone mods the game so that stealth is viable.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Question for online and single player
Do horses ever drink out of the troughs? Can you ever interact with the hand pumps for water throughout the lands? Will my beard ever grown back?

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Played through probably half of chapter 2 at this point.

Game looks good, but it doesn't blow my mind like it does for others. I think Gears 5 and Control were more impressive.

I like it, but it's not the most exciting game. I don't think I'm going to rush through the game. Just work on it when I have a chance. I didn't finish RDR in a short period of time either. I think one day I was playing and it finally clicked.

Morrowless

Oct 27, 2017
This "left click to aim" thing is the worst thing ever. Why can't it be like 99% other games, just let me aim with just one simple right click. It also randomly decides to "reset" so you have to press it again, and it happens at the most unfortunate times. It's unplayable.

Oct 27, 2017

About This File
Lenny's Simple Trainer is a mod for Red Dead Redemption II that lets you do a bunch of cool and useful stuff. If you've ever wanted to play as a wolf, soar in the skies as an eagle or have a personal bodyguard, then this is the mod for you.

Features
  • Play as any character model and easily switch between your favourites.
  • Teleport to anywhere on the map, including your current waypoint.
  • Nudge yourself forward through locked doors and walls.
  • Spawn your own personal bodyguard!
  • Change the time of day.
  • Change the weather.
  • Heal yourself with the press of a button.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I gave up early on keyboard&mouse, it all just felt really bad other than the aiming. Plus the game doesn't look as stunning if I'm closer to the screen. Been using the xbox one controller and the free aiming seems more precise than last year on console. Decided to plug in the DS4 midgame and was pleasantly surprised to see the game recognize it instantly and change the buttons on screen to the playstation ones. I think I'll continue with it, feels really comfy.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
If you've not pre-stacked yourself with split bullets going into gun fights can you really call yourself a cowboy?

If you can't land headshots from the hip can you really call yourself a gunslinger?

Edit: Doing split bullets one at the time slowly by the campfire is some tedious ass shit, can't be bothered with that shit for so tiny damage increase per shot in game where headshots are OHK

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
This "left click to aim" thing is the worst thing ever. Why can't it be like 99% other games, just let me aim with just one simple right click. It also randomly decides to "reset" so you have to press it again, and it happens at the most unfortunate times. It's unplayable.
Left click to aim? How do you shoot then?

Hadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Left click to aim? How do you shoot then?

The controls are whack that I'm still trying to figure out. It seem like when you lock on to someone you left click to aim and left click to fire again. But when you are not locking on to anyone then it's right click to aim and left to fire like every shooters out there. The issue I run into is when I'm riding around and some guy comes out of the bush and demands money. My character will auto "lock" on that person and it's left click to aim and fire. I hope someone can explain this better.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I finally experienced my first performance issue. Granted, it was my own fault. I was riding around in cinematic view when I got set on by O'Driscolls and in my haste to get out of cinematic mode I inadvertently hit the Xbox button which opened up Steam and pulled me out of the game. I clicked back over and got shot up and died. I didn't bother exiting, I just loaded my save file from a couple minutes before. Well, as I kept playing, I started getting weird stutter and freezing like others have mentioned. I ended up quitting and reloading and haven't had anything since.

My God this game though. There are scenes I don't remember despite playing through it twice fully, and I just stumbled across one of the newly added missions, so there's still surprises. I could sit by the campfire and listen to Javier serenade me for hours.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I am enjoying Online a lot. I only played Online on PS4 during free weekends because I usually don't play MP games on PS4 so I never bought PS+. And I am kinda glad that I didn't play because I would be really pissed now because there is not character transfer. I mean I am pissed because I had like 100+ gold bars and licences for Bounty Hunter and Trading on PS4 but that is still better than having tons of purchased items and higher ranks left behind.

Also I will recommend you to do at least one daily challenge each day to achieve weekly streak and get Gold bar multiplier. After reaching 28 days streak you get Treasure Map and basically tons of gold because your multiplier is like x2.5.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2017
Finland
There was a lovely post before about when you should start working towards the legendary satchel, and it was in chapter 2.

How long is that chapter? I mean, half of the things are locked at Pearsons'. Can't return animal carcasses for instance.

And, is there a reason why my perfect X pelt didn't register in a certain satchel's requirements, as it showed 0/1 for that particular item?

Kinda puzzled on how far I should go with the game. Are the Dutch missions the only ones that actually push things forward towards chapter 3?

Thanks!

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
The controls are whack that I'm still trying to figure out. It seem like when you lock on to someone you left click to aim and left click to fire again. But when you are not locking on to anyone then it's right click to aim and left to fire like every shooters out there. The issue I run into is when I'm riding around and some guy comes out of the bush and demands money. My character will auto "lock" on that person and it's left click to aim and fire. I hope someone can explain this better.
Are the controls rebindable?

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Is there a way to disable DS4 native support? I want to use DS4windows with gyro aiming. It works, but the game is constantly fighting between being an Xbox controller, PS4 controller and keyboard/mouse. It produces some interesting bugs. (Author wants to go into dead eye mode constantly)

I've enabled "Hide DS4" in the options so it's weird that it keeps toggling between Xbox and PS4 buttons.

Make sure to connect the DS4 and start DS4W before you start the game.