• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Monster Zero

Nov 5, 2017
Southern California
Well that's placebo effect for you. GSync with VSync enabled does not introduce any extra input lag. For proof, please check battlenonsense GSync input lag tests
I think it is also useful to highlight this passage... (from the -recently- added faq):

I'm glad this has finally been answered for me. Too many people try to say turn vsync off.

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
Question about GSYNC + VSYNC ON... do you need to turn on VSYNC in game or just on the global setting in the NVCP and then turn off in game always?

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
Doesn't matter, but I personally prefer doing it in-game since it's easier to adjust on a game by game basis.
Most will tell you to use driver vsync as they've encountered certain games vsync in the past not working right.
Just enable it globally in NVCP and turn off in-game.
Thanks guys, I just watched a video from Battlenonsense and he says that Nvidia told him that sometimes in game VSYNC might enable other engine settings and since it's not a standard I guess I might as well just enable it on NVCP since it might lead to bad framepacing, etc.

Rubmifer

Oct 28, 2017
There were 2 images around here somewhere that had the optimized settings for this game by a certain website/YT channel. Anyone knows which one this was? I was using this for my settings after the latest patch and since it has been reset again I could use this again.

Rbk_3

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There were 2 images around here somewhere that had the optimized settings for this game by a certain website/YT channel. Anyone knows which one this was? I was using this for my settings after the latest patch and since it has been reset again I could use this again.

I'm normally not using vsync with gsync. And why should I, there is no tearing with Gsync. If a game is likely to exceed my displays refresh rate I just cap it 2-3 fps below that with RTSS.

Before the last patch I had to use vsync + gysnc with RDR2 in vulkan though. Gsync wouldn't work otherwise for whatever reason. This has been fixed now and all I can say: Running the game without vsync but just gsync feels way better. It was a noticeable change.

I call complete BS on this. Vsync on with Gysnc doesn't add any additional input lag when you are in Gsync range. Also, you should have Vsync on with Gsync because some game engines prefer that to run optimally.

Last edited:

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
a2vK7fF.jpg

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I hate how extremely fast sunsets, sunrises and other visually striking moments of the day go by, it really takes me out of the experience, and I just realized the "Longer Days" mod I've been desperately waiting for to fix that has been out for a week.. smh. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Is this stuff safe to use?

edit-
Crashes a few seconds in. The scripthook being used apparently sucks and people on nexus are waiting for a better one to use with this.

Last edited:

maenckman

Dec 3, 2018

empo

Jan 27, 2018
deepsurfaceQuality only goes to high from the preset slider trick, haven't checked if there's a difference by manually setting it to ultra

Last edited:

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
Is there any way to avoid or delay the patch? Can you launch the Rockstar launcher on offline mode or something?

I'm hearing reports of bad performance and bad settings on reddit so I would like to avoid it since I'm still not done with the story.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I call complete BS on this.

Me: There was something wrong with Gsync and Vsync in Vulkan on the launch version of the game. It is noticeably better now and Gsync works correctly.
You: Bullshit! Vsync and Gsync are meant to be used together. I've read an article.

I never said anything about people always having to deactivate Vsync for Gsync. Just that it wasn't working with this game before the first, mayor patch hit. And that it feels way better now.
What's wrong with people on this forum recently. Seriously.

Also, just because you are making a big deal out of it: I never encountered a single situation where vsync made my gsync experience better. Not even in other Vulkan Games like Doom or Rage 2. Gsync works and is great and vsync can be used, especially when you are likely to reach your refresh rate limit. But it is by far not mandatory or helps in getting a better experience.

Have a nice evening. I don't see a point in talking to you again.

empo

Jan 27, 2018
I had to manually set it to Ultra again, on High I was still noticing fade-in on the mud lines on the ground in Valentine's main street.
What a mess!

I see the cores/weight was adressed does that mean that time of day is working as intended? Could really use a working mod in that case..

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
Thanks. I would be interested in a thread about vsync in general, though. Of course there are several guides but I would prefer a discussion as it seems to be a controversial topic with all its details (vsync yes or no? Ingame or control panel? Double/triple buffering? Frame limit ingame or RTSS? How much input lag?)

Crappppp. Sorry, I completely misread your reply.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I hate how extremely fast sunsets, sunrises and other visually striking moments of the day go by, it really takes me out of the experience, and I just realized the "Longer Days" mod I've been desperately waiting for to fix that has been out for a week.. smh. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Is this stuff safe to use?

edit-
Crashes a few seconds in. The scripthook being used apparently sucks and people on nexus are waiting for a better one to use with this.

This should have been the first thing Rockstar tweaked but of course they didn't. Their habit of making zero tweaks and quality of life improvements to their SP games is horrible. How do you make a game with a focus on ultra realism and then make the entire day like 1 hour long and weather conditions last for 30 seconds?

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
The time of day still feels off to me. Running at about 50-60 fps the transition from day to night often seems almost instant. I don't remember seeing this issue with the console version.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The time of day still feels off to me. Running at about 50-60 fps the transition from day to night often seems almost instant. I don't remember seeing this issue with the console version.

It was way too fast on console too, though I wouldn't rule out it being even faster on PC at higher frame rates.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
This should have been the first thing Rockstar tweaked but of course they didn't. Their habit of making zero tweaks and quality of life improvements to their SP games is horrible. How do you make a game with a focus on ultra realism and then make the entire day like 1 hour long and weather conditions last for 30 seconds?
Here's something at least. From the latest patch notes:
  • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in the player's cores draining at a faster rate than intended in Story Mode when running at high frame rates
  • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in player weight decreasing at a faster rate than intended in Red Dead Online when running at high frame rates

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
Can i be lazy and copy someone their 2080S settings? I get a stable 60fps now but i feel like i could tweak some settings for more graphical fidelity.

PorcoLighto

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like a solid patch. However the time of day seems too fast still. Very distracting during dusk and dawn especially.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
And have the moon transit backwards across the sky with no arc either. Maybe a mod can fix it?