• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
Apparently the game is a bit fucked for cutscenes on ultrawide displays. I can try this soon on super ultrawide. What it does is letterboxes cutscenes on both sides. The letter boxing was stupid even on consoles and IMO hurts immersion. I hope this gets fixed or modded because they are apparently ingame rendered.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Started chatting with support... here's what they had me do so far, no luck still.

delete profile from the launcher, log back in.
disable firewall
disable anti-virus
then disable all startup programs, and disable all services except microsoft services for startup

Restarted as told, still no go. Also had to re-enable the background service or the launcher errors out with no connection to r/s library service. Still crashing from "PLAY" within the launcher.

Also, lost my support chat window. So I'm just sitting here now.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Genuinely pleasantly surprised with my 2080Ti's performance. Able to get 60fps average with most settings at Ultra at 3440 x 1440. This is using DX12, as my rig seems to hate Vulkan. I went into this thing expecting to have to upscale from a lower res just to maintain 60.

Any word on performance-killing settings worth turning down yet?

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Unless the benchmark isn't indicative of in game performance my 980ti is getting hammered. I need to set everything to medium to get around 60fps performance at 1080p. I'll wait for the digital foundry pc video as I don't want to go through all those settings. May just end up putting the game on ice until next gen of Nvidia cards.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Genuinely pleasantly surprised with my 2080Ti's performance. Able to get 60fps average with most settings at Ultra at 3440 x 1440. This is using DX12, as my rig seems to hate Vulkan. I went into this thing expecting to have to upscale from a lower res just to maintain 60.

Any word on performance-killing settings worth turning down yet?

Being pleasantly surprised by a 2080Ti is kinda depressing mate. Most taxing setting is definitely volumetric lighting.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Crossposting from the OT:
Vulkan with the settings slider all the way to the right and the settings otherwise untouched gave me 50fps on a 1080 Ti with a 2560x1080 resolution. Some scenes were running around 40fps though. Do we have any idea what the best options to turn down are yet?

Edit: Actually I have no idea what settings I'm running, the game seems like it isn't saving my settings changes half the time...

GasPanic!

Oct 28, 2017
Not even during the first snow part? Because I'm getting ~45-48 fps on my 2080Ti there at 1440p.
Maybe, I might test it again.

Once I've started playing I think water physics tanked my perfomance a bit and I dropped below 60. Had to turn down that slider a bit. But it's stable now.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Unless the benchmark isn't indicative of in game performance my 980ti is getting hammered. I need to set everything to medium to get around 60fps performance at 1080p. I'll wait for the digital foundry pc video as I don't want to go through all those settings. May just end up putting the game on ice until next gen of Nvidia cards.

The bench in GTA V never matched actual game performance, so I'm not sure what you are expecting

Polar opposite in terms of the ability, features and performance of the game.
More curious about how well and quickly they support the game via each service

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
So i take it the old "Turn off anything Volumetric" trick is going to work well here?

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Anyone playing with a controller? My mouse curser keeps popping up in the middle of the screen when I select an item, or hit start. I am getting tired of constantly moving it out of the way. Thinking about getting a refund.

as for performance. 9700k 2080ti I get 60@1440p with ultra texture, the rest are mostly medium with some high. I'm not even gonna bother trying 4K.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Tried everything under the sun to get the game running, no go. Please someone crack this so I can play the game I payed money to play.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
Everyone thinks Rockstar delays PC ports to get that double dip but it turns out they are just really bad at PC ports. (I'm joking yes I know it's still for the double dip)

GasPanic!

Oct 28, 2017
Yep gotta confirm, water physics on max totally tanks my performance once there is a river in my FoV and I drop below 60 fps.
Adjusting the slider just one tick to the left solved it.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Keep in mind this is a MASSIVE game with so much going on. So far people have been only sharing performance from introductory part of the game.
Right, so I fully plan on playing at High when I actually start playing for real. Won't mess with anything at Ultra or any exotic settings until the Digital Foundry video.

Speaking of which, hoo boy does Dictator ever have his work cut out for him on this one. The number of variables in this graphics menu makes my head spin. Eagerly looking forward to his analysis though, can't wait for it!

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Started chatting with support... here's what they had me do so far, no luck still.

delete profile from the launcher, log back in.
disable firewall
disable anti-virus
then disable all startup programs, and disable all services except microsoft services for startup

Restarted as told, still no go. Also had to re-enable the background service or the launcher errors out with no connection to r/s library service. Still crashing from "PLAY" within the launcher.

Also, lost my support chat window. So I'm just sitting here now.

I had this issue with GTA on the same launcher.
I fixed it by creating a new Windows user and launching the game once with that.

Tonswelt

Aug 25, 2018
Germany
I could play RDO for an hour without problems, suddenly my framerate is mostly capped to 19fps even after restarting the game. What happened?

furfoot

Dec 12, 2017
Its definitely a buggy release, reminds me a lot of gta iv pc. Sometimes benchmark will load but not show or changing settings will crash the game. Also the benchmark has some dynamic stuff play out like sometimes his hat will get shot off.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
I'm reading some impressions from Polish players and I'm astounded. Game looks horrible.

High settings / 1080P / 4790K + RTX 2060

O7VR9bu.png

comment_cMmuRiBqASsXaRAlxWD2JmcM9aWm9fN2.jpg

I'm glad I didn't preorder it.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Ryzen 3900x
GTX1080ti
1440p

I'm averaging 45 fps, with highs in the 100's and lows in the 20's with most things maxed (I think I left some shadows on medium). It sure does look good with Gsync, but I'm definitely looking forward to hearing about the things that can be turned down without ruining the visuals.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
My friend with a i7 2600k + gtx 970 combo cannot get 60 fps at 1080p unless turning everything to low/off. On everything medium, it hovers around 38-45 fps.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Since there are a fair few issues specific to the Rockstar Launcher, anyone using EGS and having any of the issues?

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i7 6700k
16gb ram

Settings are the default balanced preset with resolution scaling on about 75% from 1440p. Works perfect for me, with the TAA it looks about as blurry as my ps4 PRO version did. Might be a bit more aliasing, but this seemingly giving me locked 60fps? hell yeah. Only issue is that there seems to be something off with the texture streaming. Textures are on ultra but definetly didn't look as good as ps4 textures do.

YjfW9fj.png