• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That path from West Elizabeth to New Austin is awful narrow, gonna be interesting reaching that part of the game/story.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This is crazy. The human cost of these games are nuts. Remember when Final Fantasy VII's dev team consisted of around 100-150 people? Back then that was unbelievable but now you've got 3,000+ people working on a single game. Makes me wonder if this is a Rockstar only thing or if we'll be seeing this from more devs as time goes on. I think Ubisoft have 1k+ people working on their flagship games.

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
nDClO.gif

Deleted member 2172

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's a very weird shape for a game world/map. Don't really like it. Wish it would be wider with a bit of new area above the RDR1 map.
I know what you mean, a very unconventional shape for a world map overall but I am gonna reserve judgement till I start exploring. My concern is being around that area and funneled into the path by walls of mountains. Im not sure how Rockstar are handling going past out-of-bounds for this game.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I know what you mean, a very unconventional shape for a world map overall but I am gonna reserve judgement till I start exploring. My concern is being around that area and funneled into the path by walls of mountains. Im not sure how Rockstar are handling going past out-of-bounds for this game.

Yes, I'm also intetested in seeing what hinders you in 1 to go farther and how that exact spot looks like in 2.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
But Mexico is marked with an X saying Go Back....

I would put a 70% bet on that you go to Mexico.

Isn't that just a key for the map, you can see mulutiple x's dotted around the map.

I can't make out the text above it though, it looks like 'Continue ..........' I guess that's another Key but I can't see that symbol of the map.

NowhereFaded

Nov 11, 2017
Ridgefield, Wa
This is easily the greatest tightly held game in the history of gaming. With only days away from release I am shocked at the lack of gameplay leaks.
Bravo Rockstar, bravo.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
Was this posted? Better look at the map.

p3FWxqf.jpg

The more I look at the map, the more it seems unconventionally shaped. I am most curious about the transition from West Elizabeth to the new areas.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the piece of land where "beth" is where the RDR1 map stopped right? "West Eliza" is a new, extended part correct?

Kudos to Rockstar for giving these people early credit and mention before the game is even out. That's a looooot of people. Wow.

Deleted member 2595

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember a preview saying the journey from Valentine to St Denis was really, really long. That looks like it might only be 70%-odd of crossing the map at its longest width.

Going to be interesting.

Umdlye

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how they'll handle Mexico with it being on the other side of a river and all, and the game's draw distance. There has to be something there... Maybe they'll have broken bridges and border guards shooting you if you try to cross it. I bet it'll be opened up in RDR Online some day.

Oct 25, 2017
Well, that's a boring RDR2 day so far.
So many leaks yesterday but today...pretty much nothing, lol.
Maybe Rockstar swatted all leakers...^^

dimasok

Banned
Sep 9, 2018
I have a feeling that the hype train will be derailed... pretty badly. The game will probably be alright, but a lot of people will be disappointed and will flock here and to metacritics to post nasty reviews giving it 1/10 or 0/10 because they set themselves up for this game to raise the bar for all future games which is plainly not going to happen (i.e. look at the horse running into the rock just like in all other games in that 20-second clip).

I hope it does well because the 100-hour crunches were brutal for some of the devs, but lets not kid ourselves: its just a game with all of its limitations, concessions and eventually hype decay.

It will come and go just like any other game, indie or AAA has and will.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
I have a feeling that the hype train will be derailed... pretty badly. The game will probably be alright, but a lot of people will be disappointed and will flock here and to metacritics to post nasty reviews giving it 1/10 or 0/10 because they set themselves up for this game to raise the bar for all future games which is plainly not going to happen (i.e. look at the horse running into the rock just like in all other games in that 20-second clip).

I hope it does well because the 100-hour crunches were brutal for some of the devs, but lets not kid ourselves: its just a game with all of its limitations, concessions and eventually hype decay.

Just like GTAV the most selling game in the world?

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO

200.gif