• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Poopy

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
If the RGSC's just for date checking, then theoretically, if I had an early copy, I could just unplug the ethernet and crank my console's date up to March 8, 2055

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
The NDA must even prevent reviewers from making vague Tweets like "oh man, can't wait to finally be able to share my thoughts on this game I'm playing."

God damn

Most reviewers probably don't even have time to tweet XD They need to play through whole game, check all side activities, try various things outside pre-defined missions to see how AI reacts and so on.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I'd be up for that. Sadly I live all the way over in Scotland.
That bites.

Well at least you can have your own Western movie marathon with seasoned beef stew and beef jerky while drinking whiskey! And that's funny, Scotland is where Rockstar North is located - I'd say that I wish I was there at your place watching a Western movie marathon with you!
The NDA must even prevent reviewers from making vague Tweets like "oh man, can't wait to finally be able to share my thoughts on this game I'm playing."
Really!

That's what I meant earlier when I said this was unprecedented! We always get some kind of reviewer tweet before embargo saying "Oh man! I can't wait to talk about this with everyone!" or "So far I'm blown away!", stuff like that.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yeah i remember around this time when god of war was releasing people who had copies on twitter were sharing impressions and stuff, guess Rockstar really doesn't want that happening with RDR2.
giphy.gif

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
One of the best western's of all time.

You should give Broken Trail a try if you haven't, it was a great western mini-series made back in 2006 or so that stars Robert Duvall and Thomas Haden Church.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0482857/?ref_=nv_sr_1
I haven't seen that, but because of your recommendation I'm going to check it out!
This thread was premature.
I disagree. The very notion of spoilers or someone saying they saw a spoiler is reason enough to make a spoiler thread to contain the inevitable spoilers.

If you want to get technical about it, the trophy list still hasn't been verified as fake or real and that in itself is a spoiler - let alone people posting images of the game cases, steelbooks etc.

The next thing to leak will be the map - we all know this.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So are the rumors of the epilogue game being you the player taking command of Arthur's great grandson Paul in the 1970's looking for a buried treasure out in the desert true?

MasterVampire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What happens with friends of reviewers who are playing his under NDA?

Is the reviewer only allowed to play the game early if he is alone with no one else around?

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Not a chance. Reviewers are actively playing this game - they have to be. The game releases at 9 p.m. this coming Thursday and there's no way that they could get a thorough review out that same day without having started playing it this weekend.
? I'm not disputing that reviewers have copies or that they're under strict NDA. I'm saying that if there was a log in requirement, and that's why there's no leaks, that the log in requirement would've leaked.
edit: might've misunderstood what you meant.

Last edited:

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the offtopic comment but do you mean that the next AC game will be in Rome?

There was a guy years ago who said it was going to be Egypt, Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome and he also gave other details. It was 100% spot on so it's safe to assume the third game is Rome. And don't worry about going off-topic. This is a spoiler thread without spoilers.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There was a guy years ago who said it was going to be Egypt, Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome and he also gave other details. It was 100% spot on so it's safe to assume the third game is Rome. And don't worry about going off-topic. This is a spoiler thread without spoilers.

I somehow was 100% sure it would be Japan but Ancient Rome is definitely interesting

Brokenrobot

Jul 12, 2018
This is either a complete load of nonsense or you are officially the first person to post an actual spoiler in this thread.
Don't listen to this guy I'm actually in a discord with a EB Games manager who is playing through it now and they confirmed all that as 100% true.
Also you get a talking dog halfway through the game.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Nobody is going to go against R* and their NDA, anyone releasing anything wouldn't gain anything other than the wrath of R*, people have played the game and spoken about it so most things are already out there, I watched the video below a couple of days ago where the host answers peoples questions as she played a pre-release version of the game, Alanha does mention a couple of things like hair not looking 100%.

I know there will many western movie references but I am keen to know which ones and what they are, a Sharon "The Lady" Stone (The Quick and the Dead) NPC, Val "Doc Holiday" Kilmer (Tombstone) NPC and Christoph "Dr. King Schultz" Waltz NPC would be excellent, I wonder if the penis pistol (From Dusk Till Dawn) will get a showing?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
What happens with friends of reviewers who are playing his under NDA?

Is the reviewer only allowed to play the game early if he is alone with no one else around?
That's a really good point. If one of my friends was a reviewer and he was playing this game and he said "Hey bro, come over and check it out!!" it would be really, really tempting for me to give at least basic Impressions like "My boy is currently playing this game and it's amazing!"
And don't worry about going off-topic. This is a spoiler thread without spoilers.
giphy.gif

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
That's a really good point. If one of my friends was a reviewer and he was playing this game and he said "Hey bro, come over and check it out!!" it would be really, really tempting for me to give at least basic Impressions like "My boy is currently playing this game and it's amazing!"

giphy.gif

You'd probably just cost your friend his job if you did that, the NDA will cover not playing it in front of other people.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
for sure. plus this game is so damn massive reviewers are probably sacrificing sleep just to have it done and reviewed by thursday.
If that's the case, I feel bad for Alex Navarro, he reviewed Assassin's Creed Odyssey and there's speculation he's reviewing RDR2 for Giant Bomb.

Back to back massive games with long playtime

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Given how nuts the Rockstar fandom is, I am suprised someone haunt made a fake "real" map out of the old leaks and some educated guesswork.