• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I really can't see how this is not beta anymore when Online portion of the game has so many issues that literally make it unplayable.

Constant kicking out of sessions, missing NPCs that give you missions, not being able to accept missions, random respawn, rubber banding, getting stuck in stores when opening catalog...

There are so many bugs it is ridiculous.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Beta is subjective, no?

They were calling it a beta in terms of a soft launch, they didnt feel like calling it the full thing when all the content wasn't there quite yet. Now, there's a hefty amount of content for what is the foundation for the future.

I agree it needs work but they're not charging for the Online really. If this was the entire game, it would be more eyebrow raising.

BaldwinAce

Oct 28, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
I'll take Rockstar's word over yours, but okay.

Wordwise, I think it's much more about the content found in it, than it is the bugs, that makes it out of the beta phase. There's also way less bugs than there ever was since it's debut.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
It's getting kicked out of it every five minutes that makes it unbearable. I enjoy what I'm doing when I'm in it, but I get constantly booted and the load times to attempt to get back in are excruciating.

Deleted member 49132

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Going by that logic, GTAO has been in beta for the last 6 years.

Bugs will always pop up, it's inevitable with a game of this scope. I'm sure they will be addressed in the next patch, just like Rockstar addressed several with the latest patch.

Btw, your experience with the game is not shared by everyone. I've been playing since the latest update dropped and have barely come across any bugs at all, not to say they don't exist or have been prevalent.

Last edited:

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
It's not ? I thought Rockstar said it was. Well I'll be dammned thanks for the update OP

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I tried GTA V online some 4 or 5 years ago and that shit was a pure joke... and a huge success! No wonder RDR2 doesn't have a perfect online implementation, it just isn't important.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
You literally can't start missions in game. If that passes as ready for release than I don't know what to say.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
I tried GTA V online some 4 or 5 years ago and that shit was a pure joke... and a huge success! No wonder RDR2 doesn't have a perfect online implementation, it just isn't important.
I mean there's still nothing like GTA online, really don't know how anyone couldn't have a blast with some friends. Though I am one of the people who would boot up the game and drive around listening to music.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The beta label was a joke anyway so why bother arguing about it at this point.

That said, the only bug that is a nuisance for me is the stranger missions one, which can be corrected if you change sessions or reset the console. Despite it, I'm having a blast. Waves of nostalgia for the first game's multiplayer roll over me as I look forward to playing RDO each day.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
The beta label was a joke anyway so why bother arguing about it at this point.

That said, the only bug that is a nuisance for me is the stranger missions one, which can be corrected if you change sessions or reset the console. Despite it, I'm having a blast. Waves of nostalgia for the first game's multiplayer roll over me as I look forward to playing RDO each day.
Those MP banners that pop up 2 TIMES when you just want to start the story mode are a joke too. I paid 60 bucks for this game and there are ads for PS+ subscription/ MP mode. -_-

MrChocolate

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I really can't see how this is not beta anymore when Online portion of the game has so many issues that literally make it unplayable.

Constant kicking out of sessions, missing NPCs that give you missions, not being able to accept missions, random respawn, rubber banding, getting stuck in stores when opening catalog...

There are so many bugs it is ridiculous.

Huh, I thought it was my fault I couldn't accept missions from strangers. Meh, whatever I'm still kicking everyone asses in Poker. Fuckers don't know how to bluff.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Those MP banners that pop up 2 TIMES when you just want to start the story mode are a joke too. I paid 60 bucks for this game and there are ads for PS+ subscription/ MP mode. -_-

The continue story menu pops up when I just want to start MP mode is a joke. I paid 60 bucks for this game and there are ads for story mode.

You see how stupid this sounds?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
When you boot up the game there's two tabs. Online and story. The online one is selected by default when there's a new update. But you just press R1/RB and you can switch to the story one to play SP.

That's it? That's what warrants a "I paid $60 FOR THIS?!" ramble? Lol what the guck. It doesn't even take a second to switch to single player.

Y'all are nutty.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
The continue story menu pops up when I just want to start MP mode is a joke. I paid 60 bucks for this game and there are ads for story mode.

You see how stupid this sounds?
Maybe it sounds stupid to you, but some people dont care about the multiplayer because they dont want to spend money on the PS+ subscription.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it sounds stupid to you, but some people dont care about the multiplayer because they dont want to spend money on the PS+ subscription.

Bruv, you click one button to switch to single player in less than a second.

I was suspecting some sarcasm at first but now you sound serious with this complaint.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Bruv, you click one button to switch to single player in less than a second.
Maybe its only in Germany? After the main menu, there is an ad popping up 2 times in a row.
Loading time - "Press x to go to the Store and subscribe to PS+ (or o to continue)." - loading time - "Press x to go to the Store and subscribe to PS+ (or o to continue)." - loading time - game starts.

Every time you try to start the SP mode. No other game did this. Could be a bug.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Not had any problems myself Since the new update. Been playing for the last 4 hours, few co-OP missions, bit of pvp and free roam and it's been rock solid

Playing on Xbox X

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
Whether something is out of beta is based on whether or not its bugs are within the tolerance of the developer, not the user.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Not had any problems myself Since the new update. Been playing for the last 4 hours, few co-OP missions, bit of pvp and free roam and it's been rock solid

Playing on Xbox X

I am playing on PS4. And I would go across the map to start mission and then NPC won't be there or I can't accept mission. It really is annoying.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe its only in Germany? After the main menu, there is an ad popping up 2 times in a row.
Loading time - "Press x to go to the Store and subscribe to PS+ (or o to continue)." - loading time - "Press x to go to the Store and subscribe to PS+ (or o to continue)." - loading time - game starts.

Every time you try to start the SP mode. No other game did this. Could be a bug.

Probably happening because you don't have PS+. I don't think it's the only game to do that either on PS. Don't know why it happens twice.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Came here thinking they goofed just to find it is in fact out of beta but OP just doesn't like that there's still some issues.

Glad to see something didn't change, title is just a tad misleading.