• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
RFGR-Ui_bms_switch_buttons.png

https://tcrf.net/Red_Faction_Guerrilla_Re-Mars-tered_(Windows)
https://old.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...action_guerrilla_remarstered_nintendo_switch/

First Volition's Saints Row: The Third is announced for Switch, and now evidence is pointing to a potential Switch port of Volition's Red Faction Guerilla ReMARStered also being a possibility!

Kaiko (Legend of Kay Anniversary, Darksiders Warmastered Edition) did the remaster on PS4, XBO, and PC and just put out Legend of Kay on Switch back in May. Only makes sense for them to get to a Switch version of RFGR next.

Thoughts?

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Couldn´t it be just support for the Pro controller? Although I totally would believe they are porting it. It actually sounds like a no-brainer given Switch´s success.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Could be a lot of things:
- they could have imported a set of controller icons from all major controllers
- they could have worked on a Switch prototype at one point before dropping it for some reason
- they could be actively working on it, but the Switch was likely more challenging so it will take more time

If the game runs well enough in their tests, the remaster sells well elsewhere and Saints Row 3 does good numbers, I can see this port become reality down the line. Not before next year probably.

Ephonk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I assume we'll see a lot of ports down the road of remastered PS3/x360 era games since these port jobs can be done by small teams, making them low risk and almost certain to break even. They are already recently documented/updated to current standards and often have the headroom they need to run on switch without super hard/heavy optimalisation.

Wow, now Switch users will finally be able to play this
*checks notes*
9 year old game!
https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/red-faction-guerrilla-remastered-release-date-1202829582/
This remaster is a month old.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Some PC games register the controller you use and activate the buttons to that. Maybe it's just PC support for the Pro controller?

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
THQ ports are always pricey as fuck on Switch. If this was reasonably priced (if it exists) I would buy it though. I never bought Red Faction Guerilla for whatever reason last gen despite wanting to play it.

Oct 27, 2017

CaseyVGCx

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Unless it's changed within the last few months, you can not easily use Joycons on PC without some special drivers or software. At least with the Pro Controller, Steam has built-in support. There would be no reason to have the Joycon button prompts on PC if the joycons are hardly supported well on PC

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny that people complain about old games coming to Switch, meanwhile they sell like crazy because A) people have never played them before and B) a lot of older games sort of get a refresh (for some) when they're suddenly handheld. I know that sounds dumb, but it's true lol. For some reason I never finished Doom on PS4, but the second I was able to play it on my lunch at work and then come home and play it on the big TV etc., that changed.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I won't lie, I'd buy this in a heartbeat on Switch. And to think I got called out in the Remarstered thread for asking about it.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Yes please. More FPS games on the Switch. As someone who has hard time aiming on a TV five meters away from me, FPS games on handhelds are godsend for me.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dang, another game that THQ Nordic is re-releasing that I didn't get the chance to play last gen but an interested. Count me in, whenever it releases :)

Skronk

Nov 22, 2017
Sweet, I'd been waiting for a sale on this one but I can wait even longer if I can play on switch some day.

Edit: Oh and they announced Saints Row the Third for Switch too so this totally makes sense.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I would take this as "covering bases for compatibility" and including icons not actually needed than anything else. I'd be stoked if it was real though!

HOUSEJoseph

Oct 27, 2017
You know, sometimes I wish devs would just be up front about all the systems they are putting their games on. I'm willing to take a slight hit on graphic IQ and buy the Switch version of these games because it's hard for me to get to my gaming room with a wife and daughter but so easy to get on my Switch. I end up buying games like this and A Hat in Time on PS4, under the impression they aren't releasing on Switch, then they are announced for Switch, now I bought a game twice and can't return initial purchase because it's digital.

Oct 27, 2017
Just played through it recently on PC. It didn't age that well, but it will be interesting to see how the Switch will handle all the carnage that can happen in the game.

Edigar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I prefer PS3 / X360 games on Switch, running at 720p / 1080p, with stable frame rates, and with all DLCs, than games like Wolfenstein 2, running at 360p / 480p.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't encounter a lot of people online in the PC version—are console versions active? If the switch version comes out and is popular, I'll get it for sure

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
I played this on the PS3 about a decade ago now. I don't imagine the Switch version would look much different from the PS3 original, and I can't imagine the game held up particularly well otherwise. I'm indifferent to this news, just wondering what took them a couple months longer than high-end consoles and PC. The online multiplayer? Do these reMARSters even have the online component?

Oct 30, 2017
It's frustrating that Switch versions of remasters are even having late ports.

Atleast Doom Eternal and FIFA 19 are releasing the same day as other versions.