• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HadesHotgun

Oct 25, 2017
Played Team Anarchy all night on Tuesday on PS4.

Very frequent dropped players and a very common instance of infinite falling through the level and having to back out of the match.

Also, if you scroll up on any leaderboard the game hangs and requires a restart.

100 percent reproducible.

This game came in hot as fuck and I hope the stealth delay on physical relates to them trying to get it fixed.

blahness

Oct 25, 2017
The devs are actively working on bugs that are causing crashes or falling through the map and are active on the Steam message board as well as in the Red Faction discord. PC got a hotfix on Wednesday to fix a few things like multiplayer progress not saving, and hopefully there will be another one soon which fixes some of the random crashes and falling through the map. I assume for consoles it may take a little longer to get the patches through whatever cert it needs to go through.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So far it is not dipping framerate perhaps as much? But there are some disadvantages atm. MSAA is gone from the menu as I can see, fps is locked at a strange 111fps, and the refresh and resolution settings are not sticking.
An update just removed that FPS limit :)

https://steamcommunity.com/app/667720/discussions/0/1726450077685863796/
- Fixed crash in rendering code (mainly when causing bigger explosions)
- Fixed: Refresh rate should be correctly shown in options menu
- Fixed: cheats should correctly be unlocked
- Game can now run faster than ~120 fps, depending on hardware
- Overlapped kill messages fixed
- MP teleporting should at least be greatly reduced
- Button prompts had broken trailing characters in some languages

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone on PC using a gamepad noticed that the vibration isn't working right? I don't think my Xbox One controller actually started vibrating until today, and even then that was only for like a few minutes.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bit disappointed they didn't do anything to the mouse aim when driving vehicles and using some turrets, still really stiff and awkward to look with, normal aiming is fine though.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
Had a hard crash to the dashboard literally seconds from finishing a long mission (Xbox One X). I really hope they're working on a patch to fix these issues. I was enjoying myself, but I don't want to continue if these crashes could happen at any time.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
This is better than any open world game I've played from this gen and it's almost a decade old.

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone on PC using a gamepad noticed that the vibration isn't working right? I don't think my Xbox One controller actually started vibrating until today, and even then that was only for like a few minutes.
After I stopped playing yesterday my Xbox controller had a low rumble continuously, was wondering what caused it but it must have been the game

gfxtwin

Use of alt account
Oct 28, 2017
I must confess I've never played a RF game until this week. Tried getting into the first one via PS4, but the random instant kills grind the fun to a halt so I'm bouncing between RF2 and RFG and am having a good time!

The destructive environments are up there with Half-Life 2's physics system for me in that you can't help but want these mechanics to show up in more games. I went into RF2 expecting to be bored by antiquated gameplay: Early 2000's graphics, no ragdoll or any of the updates to the genre made in the past 15 years. BUT, the destruction mechanics save it and I'm having a blast romping through levels and blowing up everything I see.

RF:G takes this to the next level by introducing an open world and environments that are even MORE destructible. And that sledge might be the greatest melee weapon in a game. Kinda miss the first person perspective though. Dumb yet entertaining stories, but gameplay that is downright refreshing considering the lack of games that let you tear through everything like that. Aside from RF and Battlefield I can't think of anything that scratches that itch and now I can't stop thinking about what a modern RF would be like. Wonder if we'll see another sequel?

Last edited:

Deleted member 16136

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Confession, I completed the original release when it had the speed bug that meant the game ran faster with beefier CPU's without knowing it had it. That final mission with the bazillion EDF with tanks and aircraft shooting me in super fast mode .......... eurgh.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
This game would benefit from TAA, but I guess that's not as easy to implement as MSAA/FXAA.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I asked in the STEAM forums and one of the devs mentioned they are looking into adding a separate vehicle FoV option. No guarantees though.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, the game really slows down in Eos. So many Guerrilla missions but few buildings to destroy. I prefer free-form fighting to missions, so Eos isn't a great area. It is doubly annoying as Eos is the place where you can get the hilariously OP missile tank but have little use for it!
The bridges are fun to destroy but that's about it, and destroying them makes moving around more annoying :/
Bleh, guess i'll just finish the main missions quick.

gfxtwin

Use of alt account
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone having trouble connecting to online multiplayer (PS4)?

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Still love this game, but they really should have tweaked the dumb AI. NPCs seem to love getting out of the vehicle during missions while I'm driving them back to base at 50 mph.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even remember this particular thing, its been years since I played the game. But I do remember equally frustrating actions from the AI even back then.
Sure, the AI was never great. It is homing, and the friendly AI is often a hindrance.
Fortunately the stupid AI allows charging them with the hammer pretty well. Too bad the AI likes to bunch up, even on easy charging at 6-7 EDF is likely to end badly...

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, the AI was never great. It is homing, and the friendly AI is often a hindrance.
Fortunately the stupid AI allows charging them with the hammer pretty well. Too bad the AI likes to bunch up, even on easy charging at 6-7 EDF is likely to end badly...

The worst thing is how the enemy AI just goes fucking bonkers during rescue missions, obliterating everything in sight. It makes them more difficult than is necessary.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The worst thing is how the enemy AI just goes fucking bonkers during rescue missions, obliterating everything in sight. It makes them more difficult than is necessary.
Hostage rescues? I tend to go do them by getting a car with a gunner seat, driver it through a wall, rescue one hostage, go back to the car and drive fuck outta there. Don't have patience trying to keep the others alive, or to get to them before someone shoots the building to pieces.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Hostage rescues? I tend to go do them by getting a car with a gunner seat, driver it through a wall, rescue one hostage, go back to the car and drive fuck outta there. Don't have patience trying to keep the others alive, or to get to them before someone shoots the building to pieces.

I stopped doing that. The last time I tried it I plowed through the wall and over both hostages lolololol

Now I try to get a fix on where they are then use a combination of the jetpack / nano-rifle to get to them quickly.

unknownspectator

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
speaking of that, does anyone have there gunner die if you fall a short distance? I don't remember that in the original but it happens a lot on the remastered version.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The gunner can die if a fall causes them to... well, fall out, leading them to get stuck on the car and getting crushed by it.
I didn't get a situation where they'd just die from a fall though. If they do, it is most certainly a glitch, perhaps related to the glitch where the AI suddenly disembark a vehicle on the move.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've just unlocked the third area. I've had some fun, but feel I've pretty much seen what the game has to offer. Is there any change in the back half of the game that makes it worth seeing through to the end?

OP
OP
Noisepurge

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I've just unlocked the third area. I've had some fun, but feel I've pretty much seen what the game has to offer. Is there any change in the back half of the game that makes it worth seeing through to the end?

Not really, maybe some weapons like the Nanorifle and Thermobaric Rockets. The game is best enjoyed in small chunks whenever you feel like destroying a lot of stuff :D

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Interesting. I know there's a lot of moving parts here (literally and figuratively) but that still seems quite high for a last gen port. Maybe there's a lot under the good that was improved but it graphically looks about the same to me, though still better obviously.
It strikes me that developers stopped caring about file size a few years ago, especially when looking at many recent releases. Then again, my dirst thought was '32GB only? That's small' - compared to many other games.

Oct 27, 2017
It strikes me that developers stopped caring about file size a few years ago, especially when looking at many recent releases. Then again, my dirst thought was '32GB only? That's small' - compared to many other games.
That's true, but looking at something like Skyrim remastered, I believe that's only 20 GB.

I know a lot of new games go crazy with the file sizes, for a Remastered game From last-gen it still strikes me as high, even with the destructability. Maybe it has to be that way for performance to be improved or something, but you see games that do quite a bit more visually and otherwise now that have smaller file sizes than that.

OP
OP
Noisepurge

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
That's true, but looking at something like Skyrim remastered, I believe that's only 20 GB.

I know a lot of new games go crazy with the file sizes, for a Remastered game From last-gen it still strikes me as high, even with the destructability. Maybe it has to be that way for performance to be improved or something, but you see games that do quite a bit more visually and otherwise now that have smaller file sizes than that.

I recently played through Shadow Warrior 2. And i was SHOCKED to see it was only 6.8GBs.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still love this game, but they really should have tweaked the dumb AI. NPCs seem to love getting out of the vehicle during missions while I'm driving them back to base at 50 mph.
Looks like they fixed it in the latest patch :

https://steamcommunity.com/app/667720/discussions/0/1708438218852558359/
Patch #4 - 18th July
Changelog
-Fix: under certain conditions, players were able to kick other players in matchmaking.
-Fix: spacing in kill messages was adjusted.
-Fix: exiting a multiplayer match now properly counts as a loss.
-Fix: player skill matchup function wasn't implemented correctly.
-Fix: "Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered" achievement should now be unlocked correctly.
-Fix: Hot-fixed hostages jumping out of cars.
-Fix: fixed a few bugs in save game importer.
-Added new "Hardcore" playlist - a playlist that was available in the original console versions for a short time where it was called "MLG Playlist"
-Added support for NVIDIA HIGHLIGHTS. Requires a compatible NVIDIA graphics card. After the game has recorded a highlight, you can find the NVIDIA HIGHLIGHTS button in the pause menu and in the main menu.
-Added a timeout when waiting for players to get ready at the start of a multiplayer match.
-Added a new "find game" option to multiplayer which lets you search for games manually. Games are created by entering either of the matchmaking modes or "custom game with party".
-Changed multiplayer distance filter to include more regions and thus more potential players.
-Lowered the requirements for multiplayer unlocks and multiplayer hidden challenges to make them more realistically achievable with the reduced multiplayer activity of the remaster.
-Overall improvements to matchmaking and multiplayer.
-Heal backpack slightly tweaked.
-Increased party size limit for some playlists.
-Save game importer should now unlock a number of multiplayer achievements on import.
-Fix: Tremor backpack ignores the "camera shake" setting and always makes the affected player shake.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
So I just bought a soundbar and this game and for some reason the video and audio just keeps clipping in and out and it makes it unwatchable. Am I the only one getting this?

On a regular ass PS4.