• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
(saw that trailer was linked in the old thread sorry if missed other thread about this)

HOLY SHIT I can't believe they actually used it
Seriously mind blowing to me :D:D:D

Trailer for 2018 version of the game.
https://youtu.be/jRnn94RoluI

If you have no idea why this is so incredible this is the original made in 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcUBI-YVRY8

Made by Chris Remo from idlethumbs.
The description has the release date set for July 3rd, I recently bought the PC version on steam to get the free upgrade but I'll also be getting this on PS4.
Thanks for the info :)

Last edited:

Brink

Dec 18, 2017
I love Remo but that song is terrible and doesn't fit the trailer, haha.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Wow, that's amazing. I thought of that song as a joke reading the title thinking they wouldn't possibly use it but holy shit.

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
The description has the release date set for July 3rd, I recently bought the PC version on steam to get the free upgrade but I'll also be getting this on PS4.

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
For a second I hoped this was a Red Faction 1 related.

Guerilla is okay too I guess.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
This is neat, but why can't they just make a good sequel with the same mechanics?

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I totally understand why they would pick Space Asshole, but the trailer absolutely doesn't suit the song: far too fast paced.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't get into this when I first tried it a few years ago, but might as well give it another shot when the remaster hits. Can't argue with free (I already own the original Steam version).

Oct 25, 2017
I have many questions

1) How did THQ come back

2) Why do all of their remastered versions have some pun in them like "Death-finitive" "Warmastered" and now "Remarstered"

3) What is the context of that song? Is it a joke in the game?

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
I have many questions

1) How did THQ come back

2) Why do all of their remastered versions have some pun in them like "Death-finitive" "Warmastered" and now "Remarstered"

Nordic games brought THQ IP's then re-branded themselves as THQ Nordic.

Song is joke from an old fan video.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I probably won't get the remaster but I would really like to see RF back with another Gorilla game sometime soon. IDK, I may have to buy it just to show interest to the dev.

OP
OP
TheDutchSlayer

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
I have many questions

1) How did THQ come back

1 THQ story is long, its not the old THQ just a company with the same name.
2 its their way to get noticed
3 About the song is in the op at the end.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Platforms? Guessing this is PS4 / XB1 / PC as I would assume a Switch version would have been shouted about a lot by now. <insert Switch couldn't run this remaster of a 360 game here> comment.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
ReMarstered... deathinitive... WARmastered...

It's time to stop lol

Great game, will probably pick up on sale despite the title

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
omg they did it!

now we just need EA to play the Ballad of John Riccitello next week at their presser in a tribute segment or something.

MrCunningham

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
I remember co-oping through this game with a friend a few years ago. It was fun for what it was, and of course the "geo-mod" destruction and reconstruction gun made it an enjoyable enough experience. I guess I will give it another playthrough on PC when the patch arrives.
would be nice to see a Linux build on Steam

Edit: Whoops, I was thinking of Armageddon. In any case I do own Guerilla as well.

Last edited:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Awful song choice. It has nothing to do with the action displayed in the trailer.

But they synced the part where Space Asshole is in a truck flying off a ridge with footage of you driving a truck off a ridge!

Yeah, this does kind of seem like a trailer originally cut to different music, it's a little weird. Still, Space Asshole has now been used to advertise Space Asshole and I can't ask for much more than that!

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
LOL I can't believe they actually used Space Asshole in the trailer. Amazing.

For context, this is an in-joke from the Idle Thumbs podcast 8+ years ago:

For more context, Chris Remo wrote the music for Gone Home, Firewatch, and other games, and he was also with Campo Santo who was just acquired by Valve.

Mister Saturn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I can only imagine the bewildered and bemused looks most attendees would show if this was a trailer played during one of the conferences. God bless THQ for indulging in an incredibly inside inside joke.

Nokterian

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Euroland
LOL I can't believe they actually used Space Asshole in the trailer. Amazing.

For context, this is an in-joke from the Idle Thumbs podcast 8+ years ago:

For more context, Chris Remo wrote the music for Gone Home, Firewatch, and other games, and he was also with Campo Santo who was just acquired by Valve.

I laughed very hard when i watched the trailer and i loved it that they even used it.

Because we are all space assholes anyway.

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
Awesome, loved this game and hopefully they are testing the waters for a sequel. And this time a real sequel not the boring as fuck tunnel explorer sim we got before.

remntSTAR

Oct 29, 2017
USA
This is neat, but why can't they just make a good sequel with the same mechanics?

Are you seriously asking why a company doesn't just make a AAA game in 2018 instead of a much cheaper, safer remaster? Especially when the former publisher of this franchise went under partially because of low sales of the last entry in the series?

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I busted out laughing when I realized they actually used the song. Well played THQ Nordic. Can't wait for this.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my that was surprising, count me among those who thought "It can't be Space Asshole, can it?" and then it was, kudos to THQN.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
What they they chahged in this remaster compared to the pc version?
I remember having a ton of fun in that game, but that was with modding infinite explosives and shit, played the whole campaign like that and still didnt feel like a was cheating but playing the game as intended. I dont know if it would be as fun without those mods. Similar to the infinite cable mod in Just Cause 2.