• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
source.gif

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
It just makes no sense why people think changing any of the major plot beats would make the game better.

the only explanation i can think of are aerith fans still fighting to ship war wanting her to stay alive...there's literally no other explanation i can think of to fuck with the story on that degree. it creates far more problems with the narrative than it solves, if it solves any

OP
OP
ItWasMeantToBe19
Oct 26, 2017
the only explanation i can think of are aerith fans still fighting to ship war wanting her to stay alive...there's literally no other explanation i can think of to fuck with the story on that degree. it creates far more problems with the narrative than it solves

There are no circumstances where Aerith and Cloud should get together, Cloud is only interested in Aerith because of his illness and Aerith seems confused and worried by Cloud.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
Maybe OP should remake Titanic so that the ship never sank because global warming melted the iceburg.
giphy.gif

convo

Oct 25, 2017
But then Vincent can't have their yearly meeting together. I really see no point in changing canon after all that extended stuff you got already, you can't keep being this salty about a 20-ish year old game.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
It just makes no sense why people think changing any of the major plot beats would make the game better.
A lot of the idea of switching who dies seems to boil down to wanting the surprise factor that was felt from the original death or just wanting Aerith to survive. Neither are particularly good reasons and certainly not enough to justify needing to rewrite the entire game.

Retsudo

Oct 28, 2017
I dont understand how there are so many threads here, of people wanting to make major changes to the story.

Minor things, that can be changed or expanded upon, like maybe add a few more twists to the chocobo breeding, thats fine. Switching characters deaths just because? God no.

Walnut

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Austin, TX
They should just add an alternate route where Aerith can live

It's more of a fun what-if scenario than anything really

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

who saves the world then? The world is saved because Aeris commands the Lifestream to push back Meteor, and she's the only one that can do that because she's a Cetra.

The only way around that is to introduce another random Cetra, or make just a nobody fuck dead be able to control the Lifestream because reasons. It also makes Aeris character irrelevant other than waifu wars.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Periodic reminder that fans have no idea how stories work and that letting them take control ruins everything.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017

The problem with this, outside of obvious story stuff, is that she dies really early on, so they'd need to make changes to the enirity of discs 2 and 3 to make up for it.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
We do not need a thread for every speculative point on this game. Too many threads of this nature can lead to clutter. Feel free to make a general pre-release discussion/speculation thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.