• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AAMARMO

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Links here if you want to read the full version
https://www.reddit.com/r/DeathStranding/comments/7dlnno/kojima_interview_on_the_noite_translated/

TL;TR
  • The game is already playable as confirmed before.
  • All of the characters are already done and scanned for the game.
  • Kojima is in the detail stage of development, but he's testing it and is always changing something here and there.
  • The development is going according to plans, so we can expect that the release window is still the same.
  • Death Stranding has ecological subjects in it.
  • Death Stranding will take place in the near and alternative future.
  • Death Stranding is Dark and Surreal.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they are going at a really fast pace when they don't have to worry about building an engine from scratch.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Super excited! A really hope there's going to be horror themes. Worked really well in P.T and MGSV.

Oct 31, 2017
KR93TA2.gif

Last edited:

HockeyGuy412

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
  • Kojima is in the detail stage of development, but he's testing it and is always changing something here and there.
See you in 2024

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
See you in 2024

Nah, Kojima has always been pretty consistent with his release schedules, even MGS5. Despite all the "troubled development" Konami talks about, that game was made in just over four years, if not a little less. This is assuming he started working on MGS5 right after Peace Walker and didn't spend anytime on other projects like Rising/Revengenace.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Not gonna lie, had to google what "ecological" means, excited for the game though, I just hope it isn't heavy on horror if there is any.

Oct 31, 2017
Nah, Kojima has always been pretty consistent with his release schedules, even MGS5. Despite all the "troubled development" Konami talks about, that game was made in just over four years, if not a little less. This is assuming he started working on MGS5 right after Peace Walker and didn't spend anytime on other projects like Rising/Revengenace.
that was under konami tho, maybe he was consistent because of constant pressure from the publisher, sony is pretty famous for giving top tier developers what's sometimes an absurd amount of time to develop their game(the last guardian says hi), sony has been sucking kojima's dick since the beginning, and he knows it, i wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be a 5 years+ game

mf.luder

Oct 28, 2017
I cannot wait for this. Please let this game release untouched unlike PT and MGS5
I know it will be

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Can't get Stefanie Joosten to budge that she's in death stranding on stream. I feel she's probably in it.

Big Wazu

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Hopefully we see something new at the VGAs this year. Can't wait for this game.

I wonder how many characters will be in the game. For whatever reason, I can see it having very few characters.

ShiftyCow

Nov 4, 2017
Kojima: Just by the trailers, you can't know the type of game it is, what is it about. It is an action game on an open world. You can go pretty much everywhere and do what you want to do.

I wonder how serious he is when he says that. He makes it sound like an Elder Scrolls game or something. But he was probably just explaining the concept of open world games in general to an audience likely not familiar with them.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Not surreal (sorry) but all the above are dark and specially Last of Us 2 and Days Gone.

Well, people don't buy their light games- like Gravity Rush and Knack.... And Tearaway.

So it make sense. But more importantly I'm pretty sure Sony didn't dictate to Kojima about what games they want him to make, and Kojima himself must surely be still hung up over not getting Silent Hills and MGSV to their fullest potential.

Deleted member 11262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TL;TR
  • The game is already playable as confirmed before.
  • All of the characters are already done and scanned for the game.
  • The development is going according to plans, so we can expect that the release window is still the same.
  • Death Stranding has ecological subjects in it.
  • Death Stranding will take place in the near and alternative future.
Yes please! Give it to me right now!!!!!
I love me some psychologically challenging games...

And I love the fact that Sony is funding a lot of dark themed games.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
You know all those weird and wtf moments in Phantom Pain? I think Kojima wanted to use those ideas for another game, but because he had to make MGSV he squeezed them into that world.

I think Death Stranding is the game he really wanted to make with those ideas but no longer restricted by the world of Metal Gear, and combine that with Silent Hills (which is another game he really wanted to make).

Bran Van

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know I love Kojima games but MGS has some fun parts but this from the look of it completely dark. and with Last of Us 2 latest trailer and Days Gone trailers.. I don't know.
MGS didn't really show off the fun in the first trailers. Most of that you wouldn't even see until the game comes out

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Easily my number 1 anticipated game

Ecological subjects? Like all the beached whales, crabs and fish drenched in oil/ink/whatever?

Interesting.