• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting on whatever that Sylux hunter leaker or whatever said about us possibly seeing something related to F-Zero. Nothing happened and they never elaborated on it.

It's all bullshit until Nintendo shows it.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
On the one hand I think, if anything, this would be shown in an early 2023 direct.

On the other Nintendo could totally just tweet this game into existence on NYE.

Honestly just a coin flip at this point. Can only wait and see.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Again with Metroid Prime HD. Get ready to be disappointed again. And again. And again.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, you can be worried about Prime 4, but the remaster will absolutely run better on Switch than on GC lmao.
If it's more than a simple remaster and closer to a remake, as some insiders have said in the past years, then yes I'm worried.
When sequels like Bayonetta 3 and Hyrule Warriors 2 run worse than their predecessors on previous systems because they want to push the graphics instead of having a stable framerate, I'm worried. I'm wishing it leans more towards a simple HD port but given how long the game has been rumoured, I'm not sure.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
I'm still waiting on whatever that Sylux hunter leaker or whatever said about us possibly seeing something related to F-Zero. Nothing happened and they never elaborated on it.

It's all bullshit until Nintendo shows it.
F-Zero's time will come in 2023.

As for Metroid Prime 1... Retro completed development of the game in late summer of 2021 (for clarity: development finished then -- it still had to go through QA, any localization, and such). The game has been finished for some time now. Nintendo just opted to wait to announce and bring it to market, for whatever reason.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
OMG FZERO CONFIEMED 2023!!!!

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

As for Metroid Prime 1... Retro completed development of the game in late summer of 2021 (for clarity: development finished then -- it still had to go through QA, any localization, and such). The game has been finished for some time now. Nintendo just opted to wait to announce and bring it to market, for whatever reason.
They did the same thing with Fire Emblem Engage, didn't they?
It happens.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

As for Metroid Prime 1... Retro completed development of the game in late summer of 2021. The game has been finished for some time now. Nintendo just opted to wait to announce and bring it to market, for whatever reason.
Wild guess is that the Prime 1 remake became a bit more ambitious than anticipated, then they wanted to make Prime 2 and 3 with the same level of effort but didn't want their releases to be too far apart... so they pushed back Prime 1 until enough progress had been made with the others.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
They did the same thing with Fire Emblem Engage, didn't they?
It happens.
Fire Emblem Engage development finished around the same time. Optimization, polish, and all that stuff followed; but, yeah, the core development has been done for a while. Fire Emblem could have easily made 2022 if they wanted it out in the 2022 CY.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wild guess is that the Prime 1 remake became a bit more ambitious than anticipated, then they wanted to make Prime 2 and 3 with the same level of effort but didn't want their releases to be too far apart... so they pushed back Prime 1 until enough progress had been made with the others.
I think the more likely reasoning is that they don't want the release of Pime 1 and Prime 4 to be too far apart. Prime is massively critically acclaimed and is naturally seen as a way to on board new players, especially those who are no only familiar with Dread, to the Prime gameplay style while building excitement for 4.

NaikoGames

Aug 1, 2022
i just cannot believe that Nintendo is releasing a new FZero, a Prime remake, BOTW sequel and Pikmin4 the same year lol, it sounds like an alternative reality

NaikoGames

Aug 1, 2022
I think the more likely reasoning is that they don't want the release of Pime 1 and Prime 4 to be too far apart. Prime is massively critically acclaimed and is naturally seen as a way to on board new players, especially those who are no only familiar with Dread, to the Prime gameplay style while building excitement for 4.
is probably this, Prime1 is still in terms of level design and gameplay really good, its a good marketing machine for Prime4 hype.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
I can't really be terribly excited for a remake that will likely look less impressive than the original running on Dolphin with texture mods at 4K

Oct 26, 2017
The thing about a Prime 1 remaster is that the Switch in 2023 is very much a joke visually so this comes off as a terrible idea.

What is the point of releasing a 1080p (at max) remaster of a GameCube game in 2023 with whatever textures and effects.

It feels very weird to remaster a graphical powerhouse in such a way that it is immediately extremely outdated visually compared to both the competition and the new console you're probably releasing within a couple of years.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense that if it's gonna happen, it's probably imminent. 2022 was veritably packed but Nintendo's going to have to start talking their 2023 plans soon and the purported Prime remake would fit in snuggly somewhere along the road.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
The thing about a Prime 1 remaster is that the Switch in 2023 is very much a joke visually so this comes off as a terrible idea.

What is the point of releasing a 1080p (at max) remaster of a GameCube game in 2023 with whatever textures and effects.

It feels very weird to remaster a graphical powerhouse in such a way that it is immediately extremely outdated visually compared to both the competition and the new console you're probably releasing within a couple of years.
because they want it to release before Prime 4 does

Oct 26, 2017
because they want it to release before Prime 4 does

Cool, but this as a product is comparable to The Last of Us Part 1 and Mario 3D All-stars in being a horrible idea conceptually as a product, while also being from a very unpopular franchise (making it much odder than those two)

How much is a remaster of Prime 1 that doesn't look visually good going to sell when it gets like an 83 on Metacritic.

Graphical only remakes of games that already have good graphics... On Switch in 2023... When the original game was not very popular... This does not make really much sense at all. This is like a 1.5 generation leap over the original game despite 21 years passing. RE4 is a mostly unneeded remake, but it at least has top of the line visuals. Same with Dead Space... Metroid Prime 1 is not going to come close to that pretty obviously.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

I just want to play it on a modern handheld, as well as vote with my wallet to keep the franchise going.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Cool, but this as a product is comparable to The Last of Us Part 1 and Mario 3D All-stars in being a horrible idea conceptually as a product, while also being from a very unpopular franchise (making it much odder than those two)

How much is a remaster of Prime 1 that doesn't look visually good going to sell when it gets like an 83 on Metacritic.

Graphical only remakes of games that already have good graphics... On Switch in 2023... When the original game was not very popular... This does not make really much sense at all. This is like a 1.5 generation leap over the original game despite 21 years passing.
Why assume it won't look good?

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
Nate hinting F-Zero for 2023 outta the blue is wild

Anyways, I'm expecting a mini within the next 2 weeks, or maybe even the fabled General January Direct

#teamjanuary

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021

Graphical only remakes of games that already have good graphics... On Switch in 2023... When the original game was not very popular... This does not make really much sense at all. This is like a 1.5 generation leap over the original game despite 21 years passing. RE4 is a mostly unneeded remake, but it at least has top of the line visuals. Same with Dead Space... Metroid Prime 1 is not going to come close to that pretty obviously.

What was wrong with the Mario 3D All-Stars pack?

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

God I hope it's Prime 4. I'd rather replay 1-3 via Primehack on PC with mouse and keyboard - Prime 1 remaster WOULD be cool but Primehack is definitive to me so I'd rather have that new shit.

God. What if it's another double dose of Metroid goodness... 🤤

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020

So that the active +100m userbase of the Switch can experience a great game

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
It's depressing people are so blue balled for a Switch Pro they're immediately trying to downplay a remake of a beloved game because its on the Switch. A device more powerful than the gamecube. Ok