• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Z-oo31

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Case #1: Immensely insecure users about being downvoted.

I know I'm gonna get downvoted, but...

EDIT: LOL, why the downvotes? Don't like the truth?

---

Case #2: The same phrases.

To be fair...

Can confirm. Am [insert label or alleged profession here].

---

Case #3: Pun chains. (I don't think any examples are needed. Just stop.)

---

Case #4: Long descriptive titles trying to paint a unique story, when it's really just a standard boring photo.

My grandma died and I inherited this treasure trove of gaming goodness she left me in her will. Wow, I'm stunned!
(How do we know you didn't just take a photo of your existing gaming collection?)

---

The cases go on and on. In essence, it's become insufferable because there's too much karma-farming.

Resetta Stone

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing, Arizona
Are you browsing any of the 'mainstream' subreddits like r/gaming? I'd unsub from those and just cultivate subscriptions from hobby centric subreddits you're into. Cuts down on some of the chaff.

Deleted member 45211

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Can we talk about how bad Reddit has gotten?

Yeah, it's not a good look.

Imagine being an active Reddit user.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If i see one more "it's 50%, either it happens or it doesn't" joke I'm going to say darn it not again.

And they are always upvoted for being so hilarious.

OP
OP

Z-oo31

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Yes, of course I realize that all online communities have mannerisms and patterns, but for some reason Reddit is the only place that is completely insufferable to me.

I can list out things that Era does, but they are nowhere close to being insufferable.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I hate to bring reason into a meaningless thread, but you COULD be productive with your time and remove reddit from your bookmarks.

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And for politics, if you disagree in any shape or form with the staus quo in /r/politics, /r/worldnews, or /r/news, you have to always preface it with reddit-approved speech so you don't get downvoted into oblivion.
Ex: "I hate [x] and would never support [x] but..."

Oct 25, 2017
remember the brief golden age when the people who said "can confirm, am X" people actually were X and made meaningful contributions?

instead, now most posts like that are just fake historians crying about women in their video games and similar nonsense

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I find myself being interested in the content of a Reddit post, only to dig through the comments section and find discussions about completely different subjects based on the top comments referencing something similar they have seen, done or experienced somehow.

Thunder11

Oct 27, 2017
Reddit has a lot that's insufferable. Have they done any sort of surveys on the userbase too btw? I feel like it's 90+% white which is honestly offputting.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah it's problematic.

tenor.gif

Deleted member 2761

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Recently, I hate how alt-right dickweeds post misogynist, racist, homophobic, and transphobic views on /r/unpopularopinions to push it to the front page.

Oct 25, 2017
my distaste for reddit probably comes mostly from the fact that unlike tumblr i never made an account to curate my experience - that, and because the gaming related subreddits i've browsed are filled with reactionaries in both the "political" and "balance changes" sense

their awful 4chanesque "containment board" strategy is probably a big factor in my least favorite elements of the site

Last edited:

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
The best part of reddit is seeing lingo crossover from one of your favorite subreddits infecting the rest of the site.

Its always a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
The pun chains are just awful. And the show quote chains, we get it, you've seen The Office/Arrested Development/Whatever other quirky quotable show or movie.