• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Update: Now official.

blog.eu.playstation.com

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, The Evil Within 2, Get Even join PS Now in May

Get tactical in intense multiplayer battles, descend into a twisted world of survival horror or question what’s real in a psychological thriller

A trio of intense experiences await on PS Now this month. Razor-sharp reactions and teamwork are needed to win the day in Ubisoft's tactical multiplayer title Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. In action horror The Evil Within 2, you'll be plunged into a nightmarish town crawling with monstrosities. Meanwhile, thriller Get Even will challenge you to survive a mind-bending descent into corrupted memories.

• Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege (Base edition) Available till 2nd November 2020
  • The Evil Within 2
  • Get Even

gf4v20ayisw41.jpg

a8hsk91uqsw41.jpg

Last edited:

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Its time to Get Even with Tom Clancys Rainbow Six siege with the evil within 2

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
O... Siege! I know it's an old game but it's still selling at kind of a high price.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good selection of games. Guess this will make me finally get around to The Evil Within 2 while my physical copy remains permanently sealed. No interest in online shooters right now but Siege is a great get for the service.

Why does Sony just stealth drop these games? Feels like they could do a much better job at promoting the service.

Thoughts on Get Even?
I'd recommend it if you enjoy a story with mysteries that unfold more and more as you go along and can handle a few mediocre gameplay sections and jank. It's more interesting when it is a "walking sim" then when it is an action game. I rated it "good". Mixed bag but interesting enough overall.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Never heard of Get Even (looks like trash but I'll play it), but otherwise good gets. Sony seems to be stepping it up.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
If I download it off of PSNow is it mine forever in my library or just as long as the subscription lasts?

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
If I download it off of PSNow is it mine forever in my library or just as long as the subscription lasts?

As long as the subscription lasts and as long as the game is on PS Now. Most of the games seem to be permanent fixtures on the service with the games that're announced each month rotating out after 3-6 months.

You don't need now if you are streaming. If you download the game you do

Can you confirm this? I was lead to believe the PS Now version doesn't require Plus even if you download it. I can't confirm since I have Plus.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can you enjoy R6 as a newcomer these days?
I remember watching Get Even trailer years ago (maybe first months of this generation!) and it was interesting, but then I forgot about the game. Is it horror with jump scares or more a psychological experience?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
You don't need now if you are streaming. If you download the game you do

No, you can download and play online without PS+

In addition, you can enjoy PS4 and PS3 multiplayer games online through PS Now without a PlayStation Plus subscription. PS Plus is required for online multiplayer access for PS4 and PS3 games outside of the PS Now service.

blog.eu.playstation.com

PlayStation Now is changing: here’s everything you need to know

Details on game range, streaming or downloading, playing offline, DLC, PS VR and peripheral support, Trophies, recommended broadband connection and more

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I think they get away with it cause it's very popular

O... Siege! I know it's an old game but it's still selling at kind of a high price.

How much does it usually sell for on consoles? It regularly gets as low as $8 on PC for the standard edition.

Can you enjoy R6 as a newcomer these days?

There's a new "newcomer" mode with only 3 maps so they're easier to learn and memorize until level 50.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
You don't need PS+ for online games with Now, correct?
Yes. Exactly what I was about to talk about. This is the most interesting thing with PS Now. And now that you are able to download all the PS4 game this makes the service very enticing indeed.

PS Now is becoming much better than PS+ has ever being.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Wait, so if I get a ps now sub...ps plus is included..i can play all games online...or just ps now games that have online play?

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
Thoughts on Get Even?
I have a personal issue with this game.

It's a longass sci-fi thriller almost walking sim with stealth sections and some weird puzzles. It looks and sounds amazing and the art direction is top notch, but it tried to do so damn much with so little that it feels annoying because of how little they stuck to.

EDIT: Also, the game has no idea what it wants to be: horror, sci-fi thriller, surrealism, action.

The plot is also surprisingly real for what it is, and it's definitely engrossing. It's just that's a mediocre game.

I also found the game to be downright insulting to the player at times, I know why that happened, I just think they went overboard.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I'm totally fine with this. I loved TEW2 when I played it on PC, and it's a very straightforward Platinum with cheats (which I have no issue in using, since I've already beaten the game). Siege is a multiplayer game (ugggghh), so I'd never even think about buying, but since it's "free", I'll give it a spin. And Get Even seems like the perfect BBB to kill time between big releases. A nice palate cleanser.

Love PSNow <3

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
As long as the subscription lasts and as long as the game is on PS Now. Most of the games seem to be permanent fixtures on the service with the games that're announced each month rotating out after 3-6 months.

Can you confirm this? I was lead to believe the PS Now version doesn't require Plus even if you download it. I can't confirm since I have Plus.
Yes. I found out a couple of months back when my plus expired and I wanted to play last legacy mp.

I tried the downloaded version and it just took me to the store to buy plus. Trying it streaming everything worked fine.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
No, you can download and play online without PS+
Well it didn't let me a few months ago. Just took me to the store to buy plus but don't it via streaming it worked as you would expect.

In the quote you provided it says its required outside of the service. To me that says when playing locally.

Just talking from personal experience when my plus ran out.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Yes. I found out a couple of months back when my plus expired and I wanted to play last legacy mp.

I tried the downloaded version and it just took me to the store to buy plus. Trying it streaming everything worked fine.

Interesting. I'm curious if anyone else is able to talk about their personal experience playing downloaded PS Now games without subscribing to Plus just so we can have a larger sample size.

But not games outside ps now?

Games that are not on PS Now will still require Plus to play online, except for F2P games of course.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have PS+. Will report my online play findings later. (Stream and download.)

Not too impressed by games for May, but then I had a lot of fun with Control, and currently have Spider-Man, Tokyo Xandu eX+, Vampyr and XCOM EW on my home screen. So yeah, plenty to be getting on with.

Oct 27, 2017
I was able to play online with both streaming and after downloading. Streaming I played PUBG. Download I played Ultra SF IV.