• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Removing your support items massively increases melee/combo/proc/ult damage.

Reason: since patch game scales damage of combos/ults/procs and melee based on average item level you have equipped, but if you don't have item equipped at all it does not take that slot into account in calculation at all, meaning by removing the low level support item boosts your average item level for purpose of the calculation.

To remove your support item you can create a new fresh loadout - it starts without support item equipped.

Edit: and yes as one poster figured it out - this means if you equip ONLY legendary items you will basically do most damage with ult/combos/melee/procs. Technically - you can like equip only one legendary item and nothing else and wreck, but of course that's not very feasible due to HP and some components being good as is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/azztgv/psa_removing_your_support_items_massively/

I really don't know what to say XD

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
mCd5dmj.gif

Last edited:

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There are always bizarre bugs like this, do we really need to point out every single bug Anthem has at this point?

When they are this big? Sure why not. The game has been a huge crapshoot since alpha. Both this bug and the prior starting weapon doing more dps that any other are things that should have been squashed way before launch.

Watch out you might get banned for using this unintended feature

Edit: Additionally posts like this are thread whining and back seat moderating

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I also read on the reddit that the lead producer Ben Irving on a livestream called the Legion of Dawn armor pack one of the most "generous offerings in video game history." This game is just comedy through and through.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Lmao!!!!!! How is that even programmed to be the case?? Wow

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Come on Bioware...

It's not like they haven't had loot in their games in the past (Dragon Age Inquisition was this gen and had normal working look), so I don't know why they're failing so fundamentally with a this game all of a sudden.

I mean, Blizzard messed up with Diablo 3 at launch, but at least for me that was more of a droprate issue (Not getting good enough items on your own which required you to use the auction house or grind for a long time), it wasn't the fundamental function of the loot itself that was broken.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
This game will need a massive reboot. At 50+ hours I think I will be taking a long break from it and enjoying some of the other games this year.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
Reason: since patch game scales damage of combos/ults/procs and melee based on average item level you have equipped, but if you don't have item equipped at all it does not take that slot into account in calculation at all
So I guess the game is getting own by a division twice this week?

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
So what was their gameplan with this game anyway? Some insidious GAAS loop that the more you play, better items you get the tougher it becomes which somehow would result in players spending more time/money (in hopes) to overcome the aforementioned difficulty curve?

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any devs on era that have worked on games like this? Are loot games harder to make for some unique reason or was this game just rushed?

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
So what was their gameplan with this game anyway? Some insidious GAAS loop that the more you play, better items you get the tougher it becomes which somehow would result in players spending more time/money (in hopes) to overcome the aforementioned difficulty curve?
It sounds like that was what Bioware/EA were trying to do, but they completely botched it.

When you've got starter rifles and no support items being more effective than endgame kits, then you've got a game where the only winning move is not to play.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The scope of these bugs is absolutely nuts. These are the sorts of problems you get when a game doesn't get time for basic review and revision during testing. This is an "obvious typo on a resume" sort of goof.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The more bugs come out, the more it gives me the impression they had an issue with properly tuning and calculating damage/loot/level scaling correctly for ideal balancing, so they decided to "fake" a lot of the numbers while they slowly find an ideal solution in the background, hoping nobody notices they are literally cheating with the numbers on screen. Didn't work out.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Bioware's utter incompetence on all levels with this game, from concept to design to execution, is astonishing. They have no idea what they're doing. So happy I got the Platinum and checked out. Game's an utter shitshow.