• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I also read on the reddit that the lead producer Ben Irving on a livestream called the Legion of Dawn armor pack one of the most "generous offerings in video game history." This game is just comedy through and through.

$20 for a set of cosmetic armor = the most generous offerings in video game history.

$60 for an incomplete buggy mess of a game, how do you call that Ben?

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
This game is the shit show that keeps on giving lmao

I'm so glad I never had any interest in it

Same.

In fact I'm certain there's a working business model, perhaps a yearly subscription, in releasing absolute garbage games simply for the drama and schadenfreuden that results.

I know I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of Anthem, and I never even paid a dime.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I bought this game knowing it's issues (and I do enjoy the core gameplay) but I assumed that BioWare would improve it, not actively make it worse. Jfc what a shitshow

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Western AAA development just doesn't seem to be in a good place overall anymore.

The entirety of Sony and Ubisoft's game output since 2015 alone would tell you you are wrong. Let alone things like witcher, metro and countless others. Just because EA are bad at the one thing they're supposed to do (AAA games) doesn't mean everyone else is. Hell, even Activision. They don't release buggy game unpolished games, their issues are from the monetization things

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Bioware's utter incompetence on all levels with this game, from concept to design to execution, is astonishing. They have no idea what they're doing. So happy I got the Platinum and checked out. Game's an utter shitshow.
This! I remember that people were worried about the company's future before the game came out, if this is their current output they deserve to be shut down. The gameplay is so much fun but everything around it is such a damn buggy mess. Normally I think it's hyperbolic when people said you paid to beta test a game, in this case it actually feels like a legitimate beta. It's the first time I've paid for a game on release and felt, without hyperbole, I was being a beta tester.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
mCd5dmj.gif

I've never seen tis and I can't stop watching it. Wtf is it from? Bunch of stones on YouTube talking about stuff? I'm amazed!

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how Legion of Dawn edition owners feel having paid $80 USD to be a beta tester.

Me, I cancelled my preorder after trying the demo that people swore up and down would be all fixed come release time.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man. I feel bad for the devs doing the grunt work to patch this up. They're having a rough go at it. This couldn't have really been in full development for 6 straight years. The Division 2 did it in half that time with the first game still being actively worked on.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how Legion of Dawn edition owners feel having paid $80 USD to be a beta tester.

Me, I cancelled my preorder after trying the demo that people swore up and down would be all fixed come release time.
I dont understand, I've got the Legion of Dawn armor and gun with the preorder standard edition...

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
To me, it feels like the game was rebooted big time, and they stitched it together to ship it out the door. We are seeing the stitches get pulled out.

Yeah... I feel like the 4-tomb-wall was supposed to be much more than it turned out to be. Like, each tomb was supposed to be some unique dungeon/gameplay experience but they had to cut all that for time and instead made those achievement-type requirements to take up the missing time.
The fact that you unlock a tomb after grinding arbitrary stats and load into a 10x10 room with nothing in it but a little glowing casket to get 200 coins does not seem like it turned out how it was originally intended.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Damage is tied to gear level??? WTF kind of thinking is that?

Hundreds of games have incorporated level scaling in satisfying and intuitive ways already. It's like BioWare tried to build the game from scratch without learning from existing games.

Gray clouds

Nov 7, 2017
It wouldn't surprise me everything done up to that E3 reveal was primarily art and animation creation.
Like if most of the game programming and gameplay design actually began around the time it was revealed.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is essentially what happened with Mass Effect 3 ending but in a larger scale. Some dudes got locked inside a room and came up with the designs while ignoring every criticism.

It has to be made on a echo chamber.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks. Maybe I missed that exact quote, but yeah, acting like cosmetics for a preorder=an incredibly generous act...bullshit.

He honestly really worries me. I mentioned it in another thread, but I've been a huge fan, since launch, of Elite: Dangerous. That is a game that has been plagued, literally for years, with sizable content additions...to a game that has incredibly shallow mechanics.

Last year, the creative lead was removed/left/whatever and, lo and behold, the content drop actually added interesting depth to a lot of the mechanics.

Those could be correlative instead of causative, but what a coincidence that would be. See: Destiny, as well. Ironically, Destiny is a game that we now know had severe limitations due to the engine. Sounds familiar.
Topping charts with no competition isn't impressive, but we'll see.
I don't disagree, just noting that it does seem to be selling fairly well, despite its issues.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
As someone working in QA for so many years, I don't even know what to say about this game anymore.
Yup! I used to do QA for my previous company on our product and these issues are so overt there is no way they didn't know. They literally shipped this not giving a damn and thinking they could patch it up. Just think about all of the lies they told about the Day One patch when they started getting that bad feedback from the demo and "Early Access". They keep kicking the can hoping that people will stay around long enough for them to fix it.

This game is so frustrating because it could've been so amazing and they really fucked it up in every conceivable way possible.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost convinced there are no stats on any equipment and instead everything is assigned a random number within certain ranges which dictate scaling for damage.

Ladioss

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't understand how you can craft such a good core combat mechanic (the shooting and the flying), and fail so miserably with everything else. It's like there were two main teams working at the same time on the game - and one of them wasn't good with numbers.