• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

Two Italian reviewers have stated that an important game's embargo will expire at the end of the month, and have hinted that it is FFXVI (preview). Obviously do not take this information as 100% certain, we will find out in the coming days. To avoid NDA problems I will avoid specifying who they are.

Someone mention in the comments that Andy Robinson tweeted that the FF16 preview embargo would lifted next week but deleted the tweet.

oCe9noM.jpeg

Thank you Ratchet2332 from Reddit for sharing the screenshot.

Also Skill Up mentioned in the last podcast they were in Japan to preview a game.

Fossetti (Italian journalist) on his IG:" This tuesday at 3pm CET an important embardo lifts. Can't say more"

Feb 28, 2023 at 9:00 AM

Last edited:

Vaenyr

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 16, 2019
Isn't this quite early, considering the game launches in june? Not gonna complain though, can't wait for more information.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
Great news if true, I REALLY can't wait for a true gameplay reveal. Setting, characters and story look promising so I am looking forward to learning about the game structure.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Yup. Real excited. Apparently Ryota Suzuki and Yoshida were both present for an interview as well.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Alright. I'm gonna need a team to gather all the information we can on this.

I want people in discord servers, reddits, message boards. I want to know everything.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I hope for a crossover side quest from FFXIV in this like they did with XV and I want to see next gen Y'shtola be the one to give it.

Vaenyr

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 16, 2019
They said they were gonna do some media stuff about 3 months before release back in November of last year.

True, I remember that. Thought it would be a new trailer with some information shared by the team, instead of reviews lol
Either way, we're getting some new information soon, I'm happy with that.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Gimme lots of extended gameplay videos. A new FF is still one of those things that feels like a real event to me.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Where would that preview have happened? I know some of the reviewers/youtubers here and don't know anything about an event in Tokyo. There was one in London that someone is keeping secret, but then I'd surprised about those who weren't invited if that's FF16.

Edit: Thinking about it, there may have been an event ~20 days ago that I can't trace to anything. So I'll just wait then, maybe it was indeed FF16.

Last edited:

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Skill Up did say he was in Japan for something and the embargo is lifting next week.

Finally 😭 The clownery shall come to an end

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feels so weird we're close to a new mainline Final Fantasy release because it's not falling into Square's multimedia franchise shenanigans. No Versus Epic that never materializes or Nova Crystallis Whogivesashit. Just...one game, no movie, no book, no mobile game that will dead in >2 years, no bullshit.

It's surreal. Refreshing, even.

Pseudosis

May 9, 2020
The B-roll is just more footage of Joshua getting blood splattered on his face.

And I'll love it.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
There were some places (4chan lol) that slipped info about the previews that I didn't know to trust, but now that more sources are corroborating this info it seems like it would be true.

FWIW they said the journalists are enjoying it and the previews will drop on Feb 28th.

Syne

Feb 5, 2023
UK
Skill Up did say he was in Japan for something and the embargo is lifting next week.

Finally 😭 The clownery shall come to an end

Just wait, clownery shall return when we find out this is actually for Final Fantasy XVI: War of the Eikon, the hit new mobile game launching on android and iOS

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
The legacy of the clownery has shaped our history for long enough.

Lol I've always loved this tagline for the FF clown fam. Was a wild time waiting an entire year for one trailer 😂

Just wait, clownery shall return when we find out this is actually for Final Fantasy XVI: War of the Eikon, the hit new mobile game launching on android and iOS

DONT YOU DARE.
It'll probably make Square more money than XVI lol

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Lets go!!! I honestly cant even say whens the last time ive been this excited for a final fantasy game. I need to see more!
Now can the SF6 embargo also get lifted pls

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Me seeing that there might be people who have played the game already and I'm not among them:
Screen_Shot_2016-08-01_at_12.34.21_PM.0.0.1470069300.png

Hoping we get new footage with that, not just written previews
I'd be shocked if there was no B-roll footage.

Don't think it will, but I hope it features some town stuff in it.
ezgif.com-gif-maker-129a8fca2440cdd7a.gif

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
I remember that Brad from Easy allies was in New York for something EA related, might be it.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
I really hope we will see some exploration in motion (outside of the 2 seconds we got). End the screenshot curse SE !
ffxvi_header.jpg
img_screenshots_04_original-scaled.jpg

finalfantasy16-1-1654269128463.jpeg