• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will happen next month?

• God of War trailer

Votes: 116 22.7%
  • Horizon Forbidden West trailer

Votes: 91 17.8%
  • Horizon Forbidden West Release Date

Votes: 136 26.6%
  • Chaos

Votes: 383 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

UPDATE:
User has updated the description to state that they meant God of War will get a trailer next month, and Horizon will get the trailers and dates this summer.

I know how this is seen immediately after the State of Play, but this person has been pretty accurate, they have leaked multiple actual Far Cry 6 marketing materials like a statue, trailer dates and gameplay footage and has also leaked the date of this Thursday's PlayStation Event with the claim that GTAV Enhanced Edition will be shown at the event, so we will know if they are really legitimate on PlayStation information on Thursday if GTAV shows up:

Now that it at least seems more likely that this user has legitimate sources, they are now claiming both God of War and Horizon Forbidden West will get trailers next month, with Horizon also getting a release date. So far they havent specified whether this means an actual showcase on August or whether they will just drop this footage on their twitter, but this is at least a promising sign.

Should also be noted that Sony themselves are hinting at more news this summer, although the actual statement is quite vague as to what kind of content will be shown:
This showcase will not include updates on the next God of War, Horizon Forbidden West or the next generation of PlayStation VR. Stay tuned throughout the summer though, as we'll have more updates soon.

Last edited:

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
200.gif

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Massive pinch of salt for this, I do think Horizon will get another trailer once they've narrowed down the release date, but for God Of War I think it'll just be a story/gameplay reveal whenever it is.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Welp Sony themselves said to expect info this Summer in the SOP announcement. Still, nice to get a timeframe from someone with a track record.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If Horizon II is still on track for this year, we'll likely get a release date soon.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
If this doesn't happen people will take this very personally. I would just wait until it's announced officially.

so i voted chaos

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
GTAV next gen reveal in a state of play advertised with Deathloop and mostly indie games ?
Well, we will see.

The rest sounds like some fortune teller trick.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Didn't everyone just learn this lesson with the switch pro? We are never gonna learn, man

Deleted member 10675

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Madrid
The same source that said that GOW would be shown in thursday's State of Play is now saying that GOW will be shown next month. And we have to believe them.

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
The same source that said that GOW would be shown in thursday's State of Play is now saying that GOW will be shown next month. And we have to believe them.
Not the same one, I dont believe they have ever claimed a game will show up at the Thursday event besides GTAV Enhanced Edition.
I think I misread you

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
State of Play with third party stuff this week, Horizon and GOW trailers in August, and an actual showcase event in September then. That all makes a ton of sense to me.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Well if Horizon is this year you'd imagine we'll need a date pretty soon as it'll likely be a November release at the latest.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Well, yeah, Sony basically said as much.
This showcase will not include updates on the next God of War, Horizon Forbidden West or the next generation of PlayStation VR. Stay tuned throughout the summer though, as we'll have more updates soon.
blog.playstation.com

Tune in to State of Play this Thursday for an extended look at Deathloop

Get ready for approximately 30 minutes of indie and third-party updates, including a reality warping tour of Blackreef Island.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
So we won't get any huge event from Sony this year if they spread out things like this.
We might get one SoP per month and that's it.

I really need to get used at how they do this. It really sucks tbh.

gt123

Apr 2, 2021
Not true. He said he personally thought it would be, but didn't have any information from his source about that, just his personal uninformed opinion. I think if GTA is at the thursday event that will give some credence to the rest of the rumors. He's been pretty accurate on Far Cry stuff.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Do we seriously need to give airtime to every single Sony rumor that pops up on Reddit now?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
So we won't get any huge event from Sony this year if they spread out things like this.
We might get one SoP per month and that's it.

I really need to get used at how they do this. It really sucks tbh.
It'd be sweet if they planned to bring back PSX towards the end of the year, whereas the rest would be random events such as this Thursday's.

Then again, I don't think they will, and TGA being so close is kinda a problem. Or maybe not, dunno.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Nov 19, 2019
Anyone: makes announcement
Insiders: a better thing is happening in the near future!

Great contribution.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Gta V enhanced edition will make or break this rumour lol.

But yeah a bugger event next month makes sense. I just need GOW, Forspoken and FFXVI gameplay and then I'm happy. Then, a Horizon official release date sometime this year and I'm good to go

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
I mean I think this is a fairly safe bet. We will have to get a Horizon release date pretty soon, one way or the other.

And it's good to have a God of War out there to keep PS5 sales momentum going. Not that they need it but no harm having something to show for the next big release.

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Gta V enhanced edition will make or break this rumour lol.

But yeah a bugger event next month makes sense. I just need GOW, Forspoken and FFXVI gameplay and then I'm happy. Then, a Horizon official release date sometime this year and I'm good to go
Pretty much, if GTAV isnt being shown at the State of Play, i'll just request the thread to be shut down, but they havent been wrong yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.