• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
I have no idea how legit r/GamingLeaksAndRumours is, but apparently this guy has correctly leaked stuff before and is taken seriously enough. The relevant quote:

Deus Ex will return back for the next gen, Square Enix has been working on a sequel to Mankind Dividend....An announcement or teaser is coming soon

Link

Personally I'm hoping this is true. A reveal this year would be in-line with Mankind Divided's 2015 reveal, about four years after Human Revolution's 2011 launch.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
Given the devs were busy on Tomb Raider and are now all in on a Guardians of the Galaxy game I seriously doubt this.

Mar 18, 2018
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Please don't mess with me! This has to be true!!!

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What team would even be working on it? The two Marvel properties have Eidos and CD tied up right now.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah.....I'll take it with a HUGE grain of salt. But I wish it was real (and I wish they gave them enough time to finish the game/they'll manage the development better)

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Certainly not what I was expecting to read anytime soon. Obviously hope it happens.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Yeah.....I'll take it with a HUGE grain of salt. But I wish it was real (and I wish they gave them enough time to finish the game/they'll manage the development better)
This. I'm an enormous fan of Human Revolution and Mankind Divided felt rushed. I still have faith in this rumor though because I need more Deus Ex.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I'm still disappointed about Mankind Divided because it felt like we just got a prologue.

Also I have already given up in a sequel to that. They should just make a new Deus Ex.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
Please be true.
x10000000

Both recent DE are among my all time favorites. I need a new one.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I have no idea how legit r/GamingLeaksAndRumours is
its not, its people writing wishful thinking as "leaks"

Also eidos are working on a GOTG game last we heard
kotaku.com

Sources: Eidos Working On Guardians of the Galaxy Game, Future of Deus Ex Murky

We may be waiting a long time for the next big Deus Ex game. The developers of the iconic franchise have moved on to other big franchises, according to sources speaking both to Kotaku and other outlets. Sources say Eidos Montreal has cancelled a planned sequel to Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, which...

From what we hear, Square Enix doesn't plan to greenlight another Deus Ex game at Eidos Montreal for quite some time, unless Mankind Divided suddenly becomes more profitable. Mankind Divided was a large investment for the Japanese publisher, taking nearly five years to make.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please be more like Human Revolution but better.

Remember, Cyberpunk 2077 is taking your throne.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
This needs to happen. It would make no sense to see something as Cyberpunk become a phenomenon while S-E forgets a universe as potent as this one.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Wasn't Mankind Divided not even a finished game? Never played it but remember hearing the game seemed rushed.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yeah. Both the new Deus Ex games were flawed gems, but gems nevertheless. I liked MD alright when I first played it but it really shined on a second run through.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Who would be making it? I guess Eidos Montreal could, but they would only be like a year into it, so it would still be a ways off.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
FUCKIN'

PLEASE

Yes, let's do it. Right now. Right here. I'm ready. What to I have to do to make this happen?

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Wasn't Mankind Divided not even a finished game? Never played it but remember hearing the game seemed rushed.
Yes. The main story felt like it was cut and not finished. The game was very good though with a great hub city and great side missions ( more devs should follow Deus Ex approach to side content and open world ).

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Who would be making it? I guess Eidos Montreal could, but they would only be like a year into it, so it would still be a ways off.

Wouldn't be Eidos Montreal. They are helping on Avengers while also working on their own Guardians of the Galaxy game.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I would love it, but everything we've heard between it not selling well and Eidos Montreal working on multiple other projects has me doubting the hell out of this one.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017

Yep, the narrative is completely unfinished, leaves like waiting for a Part 2 to come in the following year.

In my heart I want this to be true. In my brain I know it won't :(

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It was rushed but certainly not unfinished. The overarching story ended sort of abruptly (but still ended), but the areas that were in the game were super dense and fleshed out and fun to explore, and that was the game's major strength. The two story DLCs were also excellent. A corporate infiltration and a prison break, classic set ups executed very well.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I kinda got the impression that Mankind Divided underperformed in a big way, so this would surprise me if it's true.

Really hope it is though. Just, please make it more like the grand adventure of Human Revolution and less like the two episode tv series that is MK.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I would want more in returning modern franchises would be Dead Space.

Hope it's true!

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Good lord, please be true. This is my personal Half-Life 3 or Shenmue III*. I need it.

*Yes, I know it's only been like 3.5 years since the last game, but after Elias Toufexis's interview a while back, I lost hope in the game ever being made.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit, this reminds me that I bought the Mankind Divided season pass a couple of months ago and haven't actually re-installed the game to play any of it yet.

Let's goooo! I'm suddenly hyped beyond all reason!

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Both Human Revolution and Mankind Divided rocked. MD deserved so much more sales than it got. I'm ready for a new one.

Deleted member 43514

User requested account closure
Banned
May 16, 2018
I want it to be true. I know that.
I'm praying for it. His voice actor said the direction Square Enix told him the MD sequel was headed toward was "crazy and blew me away".
But how would our choices carry over? I don't want a situation where your choices don't carry over again (even though HR was designed as a one off deus story without sequels)

Status
Not open for further replies.