• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I swear I've heard this leak before... The PROJECT AMERICAS title as well as the setting being split between Vice City and Rio.

Don't know if that adds or removes credibility to this but it all sounds great, I'm on board if it's true!

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If true, I was right!

It makes sense the next GTA game would tackle this sort of dynamic progression of a city. It's been the one thing R* haven't yet touched, so I'd expect an area not as big as RDR2 but with this feel of a developing city. It must be an absolute nightmare to generate assets for depending on how long the time frame is, but if they pull it off on next-gen hardware, it should be incredible.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Reading the whole thing, I was thinking it was you, OP, who was reporting on it, and it got me hyped.
It's actually a reddit rumor, so I don't know.
Anyone can post any stuff on reddit, the mods "verify" the source but it's always some fake stuff, even when "verified" lol

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Rio? I would love that

Btw, you should spoiler tag (or remove) the RDR 2 thing

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
Do you know what I'm afraid of? With all that GTA Online success, Rockstar North stops putting a lot of focus on the single player mode... maybe it can be result of some interference from TAKE TWO, and that may not be good for the franchise... at all.

After a couple of Take Two statements, I'm really concerned about the Rockstar Games future.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Found it!!

BULLY 2
Bully 2 is the next game. You play as Jimmy Hopkins as a Freshmen, but this time it's in a university next to a large fictional city. The map will be as big as GTAV but the city will have a grittier tone. It will be equally split between three environments (university, city, and woods). Cars will be in the game. plus your leak sounds exactly like this again for gta forums again not saying your not correct your source could just be backing up this story fingers crossed find out next year.

I don't know about this one fam.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
gwBfWRC.jpg

No_Face

Dec 18, 2017
Brigerbad, Switzerland
Sounds bloody awesome, but I just can't believe that it would be a next gen only project. Maybe if bully 2 comes first and is cross-gen?

And to the ones who got RDR2 spoiled: Yeah, it sucks. I got that spoiler too. But the ending is much more than that. Trust me. Still though, hide that shit OP!

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Where are the bully 2 leaks? Only a silly Billy wouldn't think that a new grand theft auto wasn't being made.

But bully 2 has been the half life 3 of Rockstar for quite some time. So yes, I came here for Bully 2 leaks.

Where can I read the cock a doodie detaaaails

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
It has been in development from 2012 but it's next generation only? :/
Kit of next-gen is released this year...just how they have worked on it until now?

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I want this to be true purely so we can go back to Vice City on a crazy powerful machine, and the idea of the game taking place over a period of time where the city actually changes just sounds really cool. It would be funny/awesome if at some point you cross paths with Tony from GTA3:VC, or you hear about him doing something on the radio that was corresponds to a playable mission from that game.

Edit: Dammit noooo

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can see this as plausible, if only because the online mode to the game can just be retro cars so they can cost 14 times the costs in the offline game.

But they can just do that no matter the era, I guess ;)

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jason doesn't like it when someone else other than him ruins announcements with leaks. So he press sneak fucked the truth. Thank you Jason.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
As a brazilian I don't believe this. The huge amount of a foreign language would be a turn off to usa gamers... Also plenty americans don't even know that in Brasil we speak portuguese.....(Also the brazilian portuguese in Max Payne is awful, imagine a huge part of the game like that....)

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say this alone makes me think it's fake. It was either during GTAV or RDR2 interviews where Dan was asked if they took inspiration from a certain recent movie and he said no because he actively avoids watching movies and TV shows now. GTA really hasn't been heavily inspired by specific movies and TV shows since the PS2 days with Vice City (Scarface and Miami Vice) and San Andreas (Boyz n the Hood and Menace II Society).

What?

GTA IV was inspired by the movie 'Behind Enemy Lines'.

Max Payne 3 was inspired by 'Man on Fire'.

GTA V has clear inspiration from 'Heat', with Michael Mann films being generally influential on games the Houser brothers are involved with.

RDR2 has direct visual homages to 'The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford'.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Please, please, PLEASE Rockstar use the damn Max Payne shooting mechanics and controls!

It boggles my mind how they can literally have a great tps game and then completely throw that away and stick to the crappy GTA style control system for the newer games.

Oct 25, 2017
NEXT GEN ONLY!!!

Fuck yes!!

GTA 6 on PS5 will melt my brain.

I can not imagine what that game will look like after skipping out on the PS4 gen entirely.

edit: Plus the SSD too!!! Everything should be super snappy.

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019
Amazing that the entirety of the forum that didn't play one of the biggest titles of last year have become centralised in a thread about R* next game.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't see a world where Rockstar leaves all the money of current gen users sitting on the table anyways. Only reason it might make sense is if they release pc version at the same time.

But I also don't see Rockstar leaving all that money on the table when they know people will double dip.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
I can't see a world where Rockstar leaves all the money of current gen users sitting on the table anyways. Only reason it might make sense is if they release pc version at the same time.

But I also don't see Rockstar leaving all that money on the table when they know people will double dip.
They'll double dip when GTAVI is released for the ps6 and Xbox 3

Status
Not open for further replies.