• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
beforehand take this with a huge grain of salt:

22_gta_vi_powstaje_juz_od_kilku_lat_wszystko_na_to_wskazuje_0_b.jpg

I have two friends who are very reliable and have worked for places such as Kotaku and PC Gamer. They relayed this information to me. I also have a very dear friend who works for Rockstar, he won't confirm the details, but he won't deny them either. Normally, if something is not true, he'll flat out deny, but here he just laughed and said "you know I can't talk about that stuff bro" sooooooo :) I think we're gold boys!
  • The next GTA title has been in development since 2012 (1 year before GTA 5 launched). Production didn't actually pick up properly until mid 2015. Even then it was on ice while the teams focused on RDR2.
  • It's another Rockstar Worldwide Production, not just one or two studios, but all.
  • Codename is PROJECT AMERICAS.
  • Set in both Vice City and a new fictional location based on Rio de Janeiro, with some linear missions taking place in Liberty City (not open world), think Ludendorff in GTAV. Also been recently hearing about Cuba but I ain't sure?
  • Game will balance realism and arcade. WON'T be as realistic as RDR2.
  • One playable protagonist this time. Male, not female, despite supposed leaks.
  • Set in 1970s-1980s.
  • You play as an up and coming drug lord-wannabe named "Ricardo". Another key character called "Kacey" is a part of the narrative. You start off as a grunt doing runs as a cocaine smuggler from Vice City to the new large South American area before making connections with big time drug lords and making your way up. Multiple cities. There will also be a GIANT prison which will play a part in the game.
  • Will feature a "CHAPTER" system similar to a Tarantino flick or RDR2.
  • Weather is a heavy focus. Hurricanes, floods, etc.
  • Buildings change over the eras, vehicles too. This causes headaches apparently but they managed to nail a pipeline and get it working. So older, rare classic cars get more expensive as time progresses etc. Full economy. Next level.
  • HEAVILY inspired by Netflix's Narcos.
  • They want to have an incredible 70s/80s soundtrack, but jury is still out on that one.
  • A younger Martin Madrazo will make an appearance as will his father who is a big drug lord at the time. You do some missions for the Madrazo family involving hits on other gangs.
  • Drug empire building is a mechanic similar to Vice City Stories but bigger. MUCH bigger. Think the GTAOnline system and dial it up to 10. There you have it.
  • You can only have weapons on your person. No arsenal in your back pocket. Think RDR2 and Max Payne 3.
  • Your personal vehicle (similar to GTA5 but can now change it) will be like your horse saddle in RDR2. All your equipment is stored in the trunk. Similar to LA Noire. You also store your body armour in the car. If you wear it, it appears, no longer just an invisible thing lol.
  • There will be tons of subtitle reading. Think Max Payne 3 amounts. Because the characters speak the language they're native to. Very immersive. Like watching an episode of Narcos. Whenever you're in South America, don't expect to hear much English. Vice City however is a mix of everything. Mostly English though.
    [*]Last bit of narrative info, it will discuss topics such as HIV and the immigration crisis of the time. A fictional version of Fidel Castro etc. Though I'll be PISSED if our protagonist dies from AIDS or some shit like Arthur died of TB
    [*]
  • Next Gen only. Not PS4/XB1.
  • Game is now their primary focus, alongside another title (which I believe to be Bully 2).
  • Game is still in Pre-Alpha so names, locations, details could and probably will change.
  • No ETA on a release date.
Mod Edit: Added Spoiler Tags

Last edited by a moderator:

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Shame on me for not finishing RDR2 i guess. Wasn't expecting to find out a spoiler.

Master Of Illusion

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
I can feel it calling in the air tonight

OH LORD 咽が気

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
  • Set in both Vice City and a new fictional location based on Rio de Janeiro, with some linear missions taking place in Liberty City (not open world), think Ludendorff in GTAV. Also been recently hearing about Cuba but I ain't sure?

This sounds pretty nuts to me. But after some of the stuff in RDR2 and the talks of the SSD load times I could certainly see open worlds getting very large.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
If this is indeed next gen only we would have a whole gen without a new gta game which is insane if you think about it.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Now if I Beleive this then my day is made. I've always wanted a game by either naughty dog and rockstar that's inspired by narcos. Such a good game idea to become a giant kingpin like Escobar.

Now please I know you said it but please for the love of everything holy don't make it as boring and realistic as red dead borempition 2!!

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everything seems really plausible except for the little English part. I'm Brazilian, would be really cool to hear Portuguese if the game is based on Rio, but there is just no way the game will be this subtitle heavy.

Trn25

Banned
May 23, 2019
Aw shit, here we go again. (I believe doing a period piece is much safer then tackling modern day politics)

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
"They want to have an incredible 70s/80s soundtrack, but jury is still out on that one"

Hey, our GTA games are known for great licensed music soundtracks. Should our 70/80s set game have an incredible soundtrack or a mediocre one?

Hehe I kid. Tbh all sounds plausible

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Everything seems really plausible except for the little English part. I'm Brazilian, would be really cool to hear Portuguese if the game is based on Rio, but there is just no way the game will be this subtitle heavy.
If there going to narcos route and rockstar likes to be as realistic as possible then I see this as very likely!

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
It sounds plausible, but that's usually how these things work, right? I'll just wait for something more concrete before I begin to care. No offense, of course.

ETA until YouTubers like MrBossFTW rips this info to make another 10+ minute long video? Who am I kidding, he probably already did that.

Desma

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie, I'd pretty happy if it was next gen only.

If they managed to do GTA V on PS3/X360, can't imagine what they'll be able to do with next-gen hardware

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
If this is indeed next gen only we would have a whole gen without a new gta game which is insane if you think about it.
If GTA Online wasn't as big as it is I'd agree but it kind of makes sense that they'd wait seeing as they're still raking it in with that.

Not sure what to think about the setting, honestly I'd rather they make a completely new American city rather than Vice City again.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
meh

sounds super mediocre

just gives us another game set in liberty city ffs, or better yet

A GTA game taking place solely in Las Venturas after the events of Vice City would be wicked. You could explore something like the Sindacco Family, Forelli Family and Leone Family trying to take control of The Strip.

BayonettasBuddy

Lead Producer at Cold Symmetry
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Thanks for being an arse and spoiling red dead 2. May as well go and trade that one in. Bloody idiot

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
My uncle works at Rockstar and he said that GTA 6 will be set in present-day Las Venturas. Who to believe?

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I prefer GTA being set in the past than the present, so that part is at least appealing

I think in general though Rockstar games as they currently are, aren't really for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.