• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
This was posted on the ME Andromeda subreddit a week ago (not on the main Mass Effect sub, funnily enough), but I haven't seen it discussed here. The information presented should be taken with a huge grain of salt, since Reddit rumors are just that. The summary as written is copied below:

Mass Effect
  1. Major graphical and game play changes. Gameplay is more in line with Andromeda fluidity but instead of the original weapon and armor systems in that game its more streamlined like ME3. However this game has the least robust gameplay of the three in the remaster.
  2. The change in gameplay has also altered some of the level design and "Boss Battles". Beneziah is no longer in the room with the Rachni Queen it is instead in a more open environment both of Sarens battles have had the environments expanded to offer better options for gameplay.
  3. The planet exploration from ME1 has been changed to be more in line with ME3 planet scanning. However there are still a few planets to land on. Do not expect Andromeda size open worlds. I would say every planet combined is about equal to EOS in terms of size and areas to explore. This game is still a very linear experience.
  4. Galaxy Map and Galaxy Exploration is ME:3 version but with more to explore in this remaster.
  5. If I had to make a comparison the game graphical looks similar to DA:I. Its not a "Next Gen" title but Mass Effect remade in the "Current Gen" Frostbite Engine. Character models look good but look even better in the ME2 and 3 versions of the Remaster.
  6. Cut quests from the original game have been added to the remaster. Maybe about 2-3 hours of gameplay. Saren has more backstory shown through cutscenes.
  7. Shepards Cabin has been added for ME1. Companions are no longer stashed in the "Cargo Hold".
  8. The "Sacrifice" scene has new cutscenes added to show the fates of the squad member from their perspective. You are also able to start romances earlier and if you are romancing the one who was not left behind there is an added moment after with that particular love interest. I was told its one of the few moments that Shepard is "vulnerable".
  9. Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station are included in the remaster as the base game and not DLC.
  10. Hub areas are more lively. On the Citadel there is more NPC interactions, ambient conversations and the clubs/c-sec and certain areas of the presidium are also completely redesigned to give it a fresh look and feel.
Mass Effect 2
  1. Major graphical and game play changes like ME1. Gameplay is more in line with Andromeda fluidity but instead of the robust weapon and armor systems in that game its more streamlined like ME3.
  2. Character models are noticeably improved from the ME1 Remaster. Graphically it still is on par with DA:I overall.
  3. Planet scanning is back but improved and more in line with ME3 than the original ME2 game. They have added more to the hub worlds instead of giving planets to explore. The Presidium and Wards from ME1 have been added with obvious environmental changes from the aftermath of ME1. Parts of Omega that was cut from the base game has been added to the remaster.
  4. All of the DLC from the base game has been added into the remaster.
  5. Cut quests and content have been re added. Also have been told that they have made the game "more adult" as in certain romance scenes/environments are no longer strategically "non nude". If you romanced Kaiden or Ashley from the first game there is extra content with those characters later in the epilogue of the game.
  6. After you complete "Arrival" which only activates after you beat the main quests. They have added the extra content of Shepard turning him/herself in to the Alliance. Its during this "epilogue" that you can interact with Kaiden or Ashley briefly.
Mass Effect 3
  1. Like the previous two games this one also includes major graphical and game play changes. Gameplay is more in line with Andromeda fluidity but keeps the core ME3 inventory system.
  2. You get to play an extremely brief "Prologue" as Admiral Anderson prior to the Reaper Invasion. This allows players to see a little bit of Earth prior to its destruction which was a major complaint from the original release.
  3. Looks similar to ME2 Remaster Graphically. Character Models might have some incremental improvements but unless you view them side by side its hard to tell.
  4. Planet and War Asset System returns but is easier to manage and you cannot unlock Asset Quests until you reach certain points in the game.
  5. Like the previous two games they have added more to the Hubs.
  6. All of the DLC from the base game has been added to the remaster and are considered main quests so you cant miss them. Some cut content has also been included. About five hours worth. Also something else that is new. If you play as Female Shepard you can also sleep with Aria after the Omega Mission as long as you are not currently in a relationship with anyone else. Apparently Aria doesn't like that. Like the ME2 Remaster they have made the game "more adult" as in certain romance scenes/environments are no longer strategically "non nude".
  7. They have also added a bit more to the ending of the game. Any romance interest you have assuming they are still alive will be able to have a physical in person goodbye with Shepard before the final mission.
  8. Ending has not been changed in any capacity. However some of the cut content is more towards the end of the game.

To me this sounds more like a remake rather than a remaster, especially in the case of ME1. If all three games have been moved to Frostbite, I'd say that alone is a pretty big investment I didn't expect from them.

Link

Remaster me if already posted.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
This is completely bogus. There is no way that even 20% of that is true - as you mentioned, porting the trilogy over to Frostbite would likely be a tremendous task in and of itself.

Changing the combat system would require fully reworked map designs and world structure, let alone any of the other changes.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Do they have any proof at all of any of their claims

Doubt

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
I expect the bare minimum with a Remaster of this game in terms of graphical updates. So not this basically.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I am just waiting for Shinobi to drop in here with "lol".

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I struggle to see a world where EA invests this heavily in mass effect. I would love to have overhauls like this reads out but I am fully expecting a barebones remaster.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
There's no way EA of all companies is putting that much work into a remaster when they could plop the games onto a disc and upscale them and still sell a ton.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
this seems like way more effort than what Bioware or EA would want to do. Waiting for Shinobi's syke here

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
I think more effort went into this reddit post than the remaster we will be getting later this year.

Oct 27, 2017
ME1: If I had to make a comparison the game graphical looks similar to DA:I. Its not a "Next Gen" title but Mass Effect remade in the "Current Gen" Frostbite Engine. Character models look good but look even better in the ME2 and 3 versions of the Remaster.
ME2: Character models are noticeably improved from the ME1 Remaster. Graphically it still is on par with DA:I overall.
ME3: Looks similar to ME2 Remaster Graphically. Character Models might have some incremental improvements but unless you view them side by side its hard to tell.

This shit doesn't even make sense. How could you possibly think this was real?

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I would love something like that, hope it's true but I don't set my expectations high

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
I find it very hard to believe they'd switch planet scanning from the ME1 model to the ME3 model.

That would go down like a lead blimp filled with shit.

If it is true it'd be nice if Morinth got added back to ME3 with anything better than "I have to go now, my planet needs me". (But for the avoidance of doubt, this isn't true.)

Controversial opinion - I flat out don't believe EA would put in this much effort and not change the ending of three to try and make the setting workable for sequels. I can see them basically just upscaling things with a few minor tweaks and not changing the ending, but what's described here? No.

Last edited:

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Couldnt even get Andromeda to work in Frostbite but some how remakes 3 big games into it no problemo. DOUBT. fake as fuck.
Even if it were true and they were on Frostbite you just know it'll be a mess.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
So they're adding in cut missions and changing things in every game....but specifically go out of their way to not change ME3's ending? That's a....bold take, if true.

Obviously I can understand why they don't wanna tinker with the ending, but at the same time, with Andromeda flopping, I would think they'd be more charitably inclined to re-visiting that for future games in the IP.

Also, the changes in ME1's combat/planet exploring sound so incredibly vague that I've got a lot of doubt, yeah.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt it. Isn't frostbite a pain in the ass? I doubt BioWare wants to work more with it.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
1. Gameplay is more in line with Andromeda fluidity but instead of the original weapon and armor systems in that game its more streamlined like ME3.

Would be a bummer if true. I can understand that Mass Effect went a different direction with the games after 1, but I liked the original armor and weapon system a lot and wish that depth would have been in all of the games.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
This doesn't sound even remotely plausible

if ya gonna lie at least use your brain a little, 0/10

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Why would the character models in 1 look worse than 2 and 3 if they're redoing them as much as it claims? Doesn't make any sense.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
just checked, reddit account is one day old. This is as fake as they come

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Why would they go through the trouble of creating brand new models in a new engine but not make the ME1 models as good as the ME2 or ME3 models? That alone makes me think this is bogus.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
If the reddit user has failed to provide ANY valid credentials (at least privately to the sub-reddit mods) then there is absolutely no reason this should be discussed here whatsoever.