• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So the January Direct is probably real, and EA gets a spot in it too, just like in this years Switch presentation. Keeping an eye on Fe.

Also, poor person, might get some trouble now...

Venom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
I was too, it was on my games for 2018 list :( But considering how well made the image is, I highly doubt its photoshopped. More importantly the statistics at the right side of each picture looks like stuff that would be shared internally? He just posted these pics and no proof of EA employees email addresses. I guess they didn't want to get anyone in trouble.
Yeah it looks real, at least to me anyway. A good co-op game is always welcome!

Oct 25, 2017
This part in the No Way Out summary makes me laugh.

"Josef is great as a personality but we need to watch out for controversy"

Has Josef said or done anything the past to indicate him being controversial?

I know, there is something about that line that makes me laugh.

I really want to see internal marketing emails for games by David Jaffe or Cliff Blezinski where there is just a line going "Oh my god. This fucking guy."

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Where are people getting the 2019 date for A Way Out, am I missing something?

Edit: Doh, whoops, I see it now, right there at the top. I'll make my own way out.

FriedConsole

Oct 27, 2017
Fe will probably be a lot like Unravel, boring and sell poorly.

A Way Out will eventually get cancelled.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
January Direct that everybody already knew was coming has been confirmed then. Hooray.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
"An emotional adventure you can't miss" for the campaign ?

Yeah .. i'll believe it when I see it.

MWorldII

Oct 25, 2017
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
2019 seems strange to me. Wasn't it early 2018 at E3?

Edit: Yep, early 2018.
s9U1tsvYoZs.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol that Josef statement. If I were that guy I'd be questioning the shit out of that, unless I had some crazy skeletons.

INFLUENCERS

I always find it funny prying into video games marketing.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
A Way Out may be a 2019 title, but if it is (which is likely), it's most likely an Early 2019, because they have a sales forcast for it for Financial Year 2018, which ends on 31 March 2019.

ClayModel

Oct 29, 2017
It's cool Fe's getting more focus with the help of EA, despite their shite behavior. Also wondering what that Josef controversy's all about.

Edit: A quick google just points to this lil tidbit from Josef saying the ps4 is 'not as strong as you think' but that's hardly controversial.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Its so weird to see so specific sales number forecasts for these titles, I guess they assume data from similar titles but pretty interesting how they assume one number for year 1 of sales and then basically double it for lifetime sales.

Jiro

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
Double post, sorry.

Last edited:

jmizzal

Oct 27, 2017
I knew it would be a Direct Jan or Feb, nice to see it confirmed for Jan

They have to get info out on the Online service

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

Pix

Oct 25, 2017
These games would look interesting but the name EA kind of doesn't make me want them.

>Nintendo Direct coming in January
I know this was kind of a given but that's what I care for and I'm happy

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
I've seen bits of Fe and it looked okay, but I'm kind of meh on indie platformers. I guess I'll wait for the January Direct then.

A Way Out is way too far out for release for me to give a damn about it right now.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the Josef line is referring to how outspoken / off the cuff he is, not that he is a "bad guy"

EA are probably just worried he will let some comment fly that people will find controversial whether that's about games / the industry / etc.