• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kelegacy

Nov 12, 2017
Maine
I love how the "press" is just an arm of any PR campaign, and the publisher's know it and use it to their advantage. Videogame press is a joke as they are so easily played like a fiddle. Clicks, and all.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
What's the best guess as to the denomination of the units sold? Is the lifetime forecast for A Way Out 8.94 million or 894K? 8.94 million seems like an incredibly high estimate, while 894K seems a little low.

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
I hope this is fake because the adspeak in those images makes me gag.

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
I can't stop laughing at not-Drake, even if he is modeled after a real person.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
A Way Out was said to be launching early next year. This 2019 thing makes absolutely no sense. What kind of change was so big as to warrant such a lengthy delay?

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's not snide, it's pure venom.

Don't be excited about these games. Don't give EA money. They don't have your best interests in mind, they are just greed personified.

(and yet somehow EA Access remains a good value...)

R_thanatos

Oct 27, 2017
I'll need more from a way out to be convinced, but HERE , dates for new infos .. i'll see then , if it's a game for me

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Seeing "Sustain Indie Love" on an internal-EA email is giving me a giggle.

Argot

Oct 29, 2017
Cool that the leaks are of the only two EA games I'm interested in in the near future. The Fe forecast seems insane. Probably means Unravel did very well for itself ?

Life28

Oct 28, 2017
Slovakia
For me the most interesting thing in this is how EA communicate with shareholders (assuming this "letter" is for shareholders)

This gets me: "Josef as a personality is a plus, his passion is great, but need to watch out for controversy"
- probably reference to No Mans Sky, where Murray was super excited about his game and it fails to deliver.

Nov 15, 2017
For me the most interesting thing in this is how EA communicate with shareholders (assuming this "letter" is for shareholders)

This gets me: "Josef as a personality is a plus, his passion is great, but need to watch out for controversy"
- probably refference to No Mans Sky, where Murray was super excited about his game and it fails to deliver.

"Let him talk, but not too much"

Seeing "Sustain Indie Love" on an internal-EA email is giving me a giggle.

That's part of what my previous posts were referencing. I wasn't aware that indies had any love for EA, so if they're talking about sustaining nothing, then I guess that goal is pretty easy.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if the delay for A Way Out is because they're reworking it so that it can be played in singleplayer.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well no reason to pick up FE at launch if you have EA Access, I see "Vault" listed there on the timeline so I'll just wait til it hits that.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah about 4 hours after reading the thread I realised I'd seen the trailer for A Way Out at e3, had completely gone from my memory.

Oct 27, 2017
I liked the look of Fe when it got revealed, but thinking back I don't really know anything about it. Just assumed it was a platform adventure a bit like Ori or something. Any solid details or previews of it?

eseqko

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like January Direct is confirmed and negotiated... Wonder how recent this picture is since it looks like as of the picture, Fe isn't confirmed for PSX.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Obviously there is more to it but I wonder why EA gave FE similar IPO and APO ratings to A Way Out. By their own statements they have more confidence in A Way Out and they are concerned about FE's market awareness. What else could be factoring into their forecasts?

I would think the WW numbers for FE would a lot lower the way it's being described.

Practically everyone in this thread is excited about the January but are any of you guys excited that EA is releasing another game for the Switch? I'm surprised to see a new IP considering how timid they have been this year. FIFA was decent effort that seemed to underperform but at least this game could satiate some platformer fixes since Yoshi looks pretty weak so there is only Kirby in the short term. Even from Indies I don't see any good platformers coming from January to March unless Super Meat Boy falls into that time period.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really wish you could play A Way Out solo like Brothers or with a CPU AI partner or just switch between the two characters. Oh well. 2019 sucks for those wanting to play it but extra time should make it better.

Elfteiroh

Oct 28, 2017
Montréal, Québec
I'm actually surprised by the number of people that didn't know the term "influencer" is wildly used, and not just in the video game industries. I went to a "How to use Social Media in your Marketing", and I was the only video game person there. And gods, the main point of the class was to find "Influencers" and get them to write/photography/promote your inn/shop/commerce. It's more and more important with the new filtering that happen on Facebook.
Tourists attractions have been using that kind of promotion for years now (and I mean more than 5 year easily).
Never thought of this term as something special. What do you find weird in its use? Genuinely curious.

Obviously there is more to it but I wonder why EA gave FE similar IPO and APO ratings to A Way Out. By their own statements they have more confidence in A Way Out and they are concerned about FE's market awareness. What else could be factoring into their forecasts?

I would think the WW numbers for FE would a lot lower the way it's being described.

Practically everyone in this thread is excited about the January but are any of you guys excited that EA is releasing another game for the Switch? I'm surprised to see a new IP considering how timid they have been this year. FIFA was decent effort that seemed to underperform but at least this game could satiate some platformer fixes since Yoshi looks pretty weak so there is only Kirby in the short term. Even from Indies I don't see any good platformers coming from January to March unless Super Meat Boy falls into that time period.
I guess these are more their "wants" (or target I should say) than real expectations, and they fear that FE will have trouble getting to that point?
Also, FE on Switch has been know for a while. I think it was shown in Gamescom in august?

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
too bad i have no friend to play with : (

i want to play this real bad if this somehow SP mode.