• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Update:

With all these dud Bayo 1 codes floating around, it wouldn't be a surprise to hear some Bayo 2 copies would be missing some codes altogether.

Apparently someone had their Nintendo account permanently banned for calling Nintendo CS about their missing code.

From /r/nintendoswitch

I originally posted this last night, but I deleted it because I wanted to provide more information.

As we all know, Bayonetta 2 came with a major shipping issue affecting a huge batch of games. Most copies came with an invalid code but mine, unfortunately, wasn't printed at all. There was no code on the back where there was supposed to be the code. I contacted Nintendo about the issue and they said they would get back to me in 1-2 business days. On February 22nd, 2018 my Nintendo Account was banned.

After contacting them today about the issue they put an unliftable ban on my account because they believe I am trying to get a free code for the download when I provided them everything they asked for: a picture of my game case, and a picture of my receipt from Amazon. According to them, this wasn't enough information (even though they asked me for all of this information). They believe I'm lying because they have no other account of this ever happening yet I searched online and found two other cases where this has happened. They told me to contact Amazon because they believe it's an issue on their end, and I did but all Amazon is doing is sending me a replacement copy.

OP also posts pics of their box and their banned account status on the page. Pretty fucked if true.

Lock if old.

Last edited:

Broken Joystick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
England
What does banning the account even accomplish? It's not like the poster got a free game out of them, I don't see how that's a rational response from Nintendo?

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
If true, that doesn't sounds good. Hoping here it was a misunderstanding and he can get his account back and his code for the game.

DynamicG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Something is fishy here. I didn't have to do much to get a code. The Nintendo CS guy asked for my Switch's serial number and the code from my game box and they emailed me a new code that worked within a couple of hours. No pictures or anything.

JRoth

Oct 26, 2017
Gotta be more to this story. I have called their CS a handful of times and have posted about how awesome their support is.

I have a hunch they were probably caught off guard by the redeem code problems and have yet to set up a pipeline of how to correct the issue.

Fire Bocchi

Oct 25, 2017
most likely his code did work, and he conned the customer support into giving him a new code, and when they figured it out, they banned him

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
all the trouble caused because Nintendo couldn't be arsed to spend a few cents on an extra game card..........

Nov 3, 2017
surely if Amazon is sending a replacement copy then they're good? Fucking shitty of them to just ban their account and lol at the if in this thread

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just gonna assume there's more to this story that we don't know

that's super fucked up if legit though

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
She claims there was no code

Qh5DVVv.jpg

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
He took a picture of the game Case and the receipt but didn't mention taking a picture of the blank code sheet the game came with.

Edit: never mind just clicked the link.

That's pretty fucked

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love these permanent bans where these companies refuse to talk about it or tell you directly why you were ban. I got banned from Destiny 2 for cheating within 10 minute of playing the game and there is absolutely nothing I can do to prove I was not cheating. Moreover, they wont even explain to me the issue.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
most likely his code did work, and he conned the customer support into giving him a new code, and when they figured it out, they banned him
That's what I'm thinking. They have his console id and could see that he had redeemed the game. They gave him another code before figuring this out. Now they know they got scammed so he's banned.

Guy got greedy and saw how easy it was to get a code. So why not get a free game and make a few bucks?

Or he could be telling the truth. But it is fishy

RobotVM

Oct 27, 2017
That's what I'm thinking. They have his console id and could see that he had redeemed the game. They gave him another code before figuring this out. Now they know they got scammed so he's banned.

Guy got greedy and saw how easy it was to get a code. So why not get a free game and make a few bucks?

Or he could be telling the truth. But it is fishy
So you think he photo shopped the code blank?

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
With how helpful and courteous Nintendo support is there has to be more to this story

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I can't help but feel like we're missing a part of this story.

I've personally called Nintendo at least a half-dozen times over the last decade and everyone there has been awesome and super helpful.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering how easy it is for Nintendo to check the user's account to see if they already have Bayonetta 1 redeemed and considering how quickly and effortlessly Nintendo has been issuing new codes to people with issues, I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume this isn't nearly the whole story. As usual with instances like this.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I've had this happen twice now with blu ray codes being blank. I had no problem whatsoever contacting Disney or WB for a code.

This sounds legit since it happens, but unprinted codes DO occur (whether Nintendo realizes it or not).

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Considering Nintendo Customer Support's reputation I'm guessing this isn't the whole story.

If it worked then just revoke it. You really don't need to permban for this.

Trying to scam the service provider is a pretty obvious reason to get a permaban, if that was the case.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So stupid. I remember when I got my 360 it was supposed to come with Forza 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. MUA was missing though. I called MS customer support and told them, and they mailed me out a new copy within a couple days without asking for any evidence. I only realized, after the new copy arrived, that the Forza 2 case actually had the MUA cover on the backside and both games were in the case, so I ended up with two copies of both games. Anyway, that's how you deal with the issue, not banning the customer, even if you as the company, did nothing wrong.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Feel like there's more to this story, I'm gonna give Nintendo CS the benefit of the doubt. They've always been great.

Oct 27, 2017
After the whole 'Bungie is banning thousands of us from Destiny 2' shitshow, I take this type of accusations on reddit with a pound of salt.

Dec 20, 2017
Not sure what's with the Nintendo bashing. I've read a bunch of accounts of Nintendo just sending a new code just in this thread. Not like it's Nintendo's policy to ban an account for asking about this. Something doesn't add up or they just got a disgruntled CS.

Status
Not open for further replies.