• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Considering how stressed out I got by playing hokey Resident Evil 7 in VR, this is something I would never do to myself. I would probably die of heart failure.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
How powerful are Konami ninjas compared to Nintendo ninjas? Explain it in Naruto terms. This person might already be dead.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
PT really freaked me out even when I played it with someone else in my room lol

VR is only for those brave enough hahah

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Works with my rift. But there is no heigut adjust so youll need to play it standing.

What are you supposed to do in this game? I just run through a corridor and nothing happens. Even cant figure out the stuff described in the guide.

Short guide:

1. Walk around
2. Select stuff. Nothing will happen
3. Walk around some more, select more stuff, something might happen.
4. Do more stuff.
5. Do the same thing a hundred times and get frustrated because nothing is happening.
6. Do the same thing a hundred and one times and the game will progress.
7. Quit out and come back in, repeat the above process and get different results.
8. Start again but this time read a guide and follow it closely. You'll now make progress.
9. Something that is meant to happen in the guide doesn't happen, you are now lost.
10. Go to 7.
11. Somehow you get to 11 and the game ends and you view the final cutscene. You have no idea how you got to 11.

If this version reproduces all that then they nailed it.

VR works fine on my rift (with some motion sickness) until you turn around for the first time. Not intentional but still FUCKING NOPE...and also sad.

Last edited:

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah

This game in VR would be too scary

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Not completely remade from scratch OP quite misleading not showing the whole quote:

"Reused Assets from the Original Game - Although I did set out to make all the assets from scratch, I felt it would have taken away from the authenticity of the whole experience if I recreated some of the more iconic ones: Lisa's, Norman's, and the baby's models, the radio, and the pictures in the picture frames. In addition to this I also had to reuse the original sounds because I don't know much about audio creation myself."

Oct 25, 2017
Oohhh boy. Well I'll never play it in VR because I could barely bring myself to walk around in the original, but this is so cool.

Not completely remade from scratch OP quite misleading not showing the whole quote:

"Reused Assets from the Original Game - Although I did set out to make all the assets from scratch, I felt it would have taken away from the authenticity of the whole experience if I recreated some of the more iconic ones: Lisa's, Norman's, and the baby's models, the radio, and the pictures in the picture frames. In addition to this I also had to reuse the original sounds because I don't know much about audio creation myself."

Makes sense. Still awesome work.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is definitely the best remake I've played of it so far. Pretty much flawless, whereas iirc, the last big one that released didn't even do the loop right (and that guy got hired by Konami, right?).

zeioIIDX

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Definitely gonna give this a try on my Vive after work today. Fucking terrified though because I have to exit out of it when playing the non-VR version. And for those who haven't played horror games in VR...I liken it to a bad dream or nightmare. Except more vivid. You know, those dreams where something scares you so badly that your heart somersaults out of your chest and wakes you the fuck up. I actually got a massive headache once from being jumpscared in VR lol, the whiplash was real. (Here's the exact jumpscare in a video I made a year ago) I can only imagine how insanely scared and apprehensive I'm going to be while taking baby steps through the hallways of P.T. in VR!

Last edited:

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a quick screenshot @ 1080p w/ 200% resolution scaling. PNG -> JPG w/ Photoshop. No edits. The chromatic aberration is just too strong, although I get it's meant to add to the creepiness.

one1ggidj.jpg

Last edited:

Nycteris

Jun 19, 2018
I assume that the developer played this game 2.000 times testing it. I feel sorry for him. My heart couldn't take that much.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
This is brilliant. Can't play for more than a couple of minutes before chickening out just like in the ps4 version, but I'm glad a great pc version is on the internet forever now.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Believe it or not, I've done a good job of avoiding spoilers for P.T. even though I downloaded it at launch.....

The fact that I'm going to experience it for the first time with PC Ultra Settings and VR? Wow oh wow.

Unless some who have played the original convince me not to. Is it a one to one experience? Or have corners been cut that it doesn't replicate the original experience.

Ravio-li

Dec 24, 2018
Thanks, downloaded it in case this gets deleted. But in VR? I haven't played or seen the original, nor have I played any other horror VR games. I think I wait a bit before trying this...

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting, downloading right now in case it will be removed. Curious how close is it to original - if it has same loops and triggers.

It no longer has the hidden photo in the options menu and I feel like I needed to get all the pieces in order to get to the final loop.

Any one know if its possible to get a psvr to work on this?

Last edited:

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
The VR implementation is unfortunately really bad. Scale, height, and perspective are all wrong. Looks like early phone VR games with the weird fisheye distortion.

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
it boots into VR even if i don't have my Vive plugged in - like it'll open up the steam vr component. Can't tell if that's affecting the player height or not, cause even without a headset I feel like a giant.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
PT on PC? I'm in.

With VR support? Oh hell yes! Downloading this right now (though I probably won't get around to playing it until later this weekend).

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does it have the same sound effects of PT? That's the main reason why the original was so scary.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This was the tradeoff when upgrading the internal in my PS4 to a 2TB, now I know I made the right move.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This in VR was... no. Nope. Not happening. It's busted. There's a terrible fish eye effect, audio wasn't functional and it was running at an insanely low resolution.

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This in VR was... no. Nope. Not happening. It's busted. There's a terrible fish eye effect, audio wasn't functional and it was running at an insanely low resolution.

On vive? Rift all seems pretty good except for Daryl stalking the fuck out of you.

I mean... yes it is broken, unplayable. I mean I would play it in VR without a problem. But you know, a shame.