• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Link to the original Post

Note:

I'm not sure if it's forbidden for me to post this since it's a complete recreation of a product that's not available anymore, so if this thread should be against the rules, just delete it please :)

With that said, I sure as hell won't touch it with a weak heart as mine, but I'm sure a lot of users here are going to be ecstatic about this. So here you go!

Download Link

About the Making of Unreal PT
Unreal PT was under constant development over the course of 10 months, starting in April 2018 and ending in January 2019. Textures, models, animations, gameplay, and code have been recreated from scratch (more details on this in the development logs).

Specs/Technical​

Minimum Tested Specs:
CPU: i3-7100U 7th Generation with Intel HD 620
GPU: Integrated
RAM: 8GB DDR4
HQ SSR Turned off and resolution at 35% gets ~30fps with these specs

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
Neat, I will not play it because I do not want to use my brown pants.

I hope Konami do not take note and let this live for a while.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Is this the same dude that got a job offer from Konami?

Deleted member 419

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been waiting for this for a long time. Finally can toss the idea of dishing out like $400 for a PT PS4. VR too, this is going to be amazing.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
05iuyzr.gif

---------------------------------
Thank you so much for the heads up Nightbird ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking fairly faithful so far of what I've played, though I never got far in the original.

Only thing really noticeable so far is the opening doesn't feature the camera low to the ground and the character getting up, you start upright.

m43lstr0m

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I stared at her for a while, creeped out

then she took a step forward, and i closed the game

Lol, reminds me of when i got the game Amnesia. First time i heard something i hid in a tall dresser. I can peak out, and i can hear whatever the f it is out there. Somewhere close. Making scary noises. So i have reinstalled over the years and each time i get to the same point. Hide in that dresser. Hear shit and log off. Every game like it since, i stop right when the first scary part is about to happen. I did the same with Resident Evil 7. lol

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This is crazy! I bought my PS4 after PT was taken down, and I was always bummed out I missed out on that experience.

Has there been any comparisons? How close is it to the original?

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty cool but I'm not playing PT in VR lol.

I'll live a better life not literally shitting my pants at my age.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Is Norman Reedus in this?
Edit: Nope. So it's not a complete remake.

Last edited:

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
How could they possibly have replicated all the procedural cues and scripting going on without access to the code of the original demo? Is this just a remake 1:1 graphically with a similar scripting sequence or did they actually replicate all the cues and scripting from the original release?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I stared at her for a while, creeped out

then she took a step forward, and i closed the game
I was going to reply that I will walk up to it and see what it does, but it's dark, and I don't feel like doing that right now. I couldn't get to that part. Had an urge to quit the game.

It's been a long time since I played a scary game (Demon's Souls prison and the areas after that). I'm a scaredy cat.

Downloaded. I'll check it out tomorrow morning.
That sounds like a good plan haha, lights, windows open, sun shining through, no shadows.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bugged for me. The trigger to get the door to open on loop 2 does not work.

EDIT: Nevermind. He added a small hint nearby that explains how to make it work.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
There's a few differences here and there, but by the author's own admission, they brought over model and sound assets from the original game to ensure as close to the original vision as possible. Unfortunately, that also makes it even more likely that the game could be taken down.

They also wanted to recreate the opening and ending cutscenes, but found that the time required to do so would have taken too long for them. This is as far as they got before deciding to release the game without the Reedus reveal.

Still, possibly the most faithful recreation so far!

Bugged for me. The trigger to get the door to open on loop 2 does not work.

Happened to me as well, had to restart to get the picture frame to appear on the ground to properly get loop 2 to function.