• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
h9akcrzg1r731.jpg

Screenshot taken from Treehouse Live. Picture is on the right side.

Nintendo had done this in the past. Luigi's Mansion 3 was hinted in a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate announcement at E3 2018. So I am wondering if we're going to see Mario Strikers for Switch soon?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'd say that I want another Mario Strikers game after Luigi's Mansion 3, but I want a new Punch-Out game more.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
As cool as this is, this guy isn't exactly the first to notice. I know it was mentioned on a podcast I listened to shortly after E3. Think it was Radio Free Nintendo.

Can't wait for the Federation Force easter eggs to show up! :-P

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Probably just a studio making reference to older games they made. I wouldn't read anything into it.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
Mario Strikers is legit one of the best titles Nintendo has put out this century, it was a cool take on Sega Soccer Slam, a new one will be a nice addition to those evergreen Nintendo titles on the Switch. Now, we only need a Wario Ware game and F-Zero.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Was there a Strikers game that got publicly canceled?
Oh yessssss.....

Super Mario Spikers is the name of a canceled volleyball-wrestling hybrid game that was to be developed by Next Level Games, the same studio that created Super Mario Strikers for the Nintendo GameCube and Mario Strikers Charged for the Wii.

Now you've mentioned it, this might be the one + the allusion to it in Luigi's Mansion 3. It was a long time ago, like close to 10 years old.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I would love to see a Strikers game that actually looks like the overly sketchy concept art for Strikers Charged

Mr. President

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo had done this in the past. Luigi's Mansion 3 was hinted in a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate announcement at E3 2018. So I am wondering if we're going to see Mario Strikers for Switch soon?
It isn't hinting to that, because all the paintings in this hallway are references to games developed by Next Level Games.
Strikers, Charged, Dark Moon, Punch-Out, and the last one is probably Federation Force, I can't make it out.
There's even a boxing glove hidden behind the Punch-Out painting.

HMS_Pinafore

Oct 25, 2017
Straya M8
I'm on my phone so it's hard to tell, but is that back panting a punch out reference? It kinda looks like don flamenco.

The middle right looks vaguely metroidy as well so is that a Federation force thing?

It isn't hinting to that, because all the paintings in this hallway are references to games developed by Next Level Games.
Strikers, Charged, Dark Moon, Punch-Out, and the last one is probably Federation Force, I can't make it out.
There's even a boxing glove hidden behind the Punch-Out painting.
Never mind, I'm not the super sluth I thought I was...

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
h9akcrzg1r731.jpg

Screenshot taken from Treehouse Live. Picture is on the right side.

Hidden? those are all the games next level games have worked.
Strikers 1
Strikers Charged
Luigis Mansion 2
Im pretty sure the darkest one is Metroid Fed Force (though it looks like super mother brain against Samus)
The last one you can brake is Punch-Out!!

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the last one on the left has been identified. Doesn't look like something from Feddie Force

I want "Federation Force was good" printed on my tombstone

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for Luigi's Mansion 3, but now I'm definitely hoping for a new Strikers or Punch-Out after this.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
well yeah, this was pointed out numerous times here. theres also a punch out poster, and little macs boxing glove as a prop

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Damn.. would much rather see a new Mario Sluggers (baseball) game if given the choice. As much as I loved the GameCube version, the Wii sequel knocked it out of the park. :P

maxresdefault.jpg

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
I need a new Strikers. Give me some online play and add a bunch of unique strikers, and its GOTY.