• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/PSP/comments/90ho76/had_a_mysterious_box_turn_up_at_work_with_loads/

r8x1lxgev4b11.jpg

Guy says they turned up at his work.

Stuff he's found so far includes,
- "LOTS" of Final Fantasy
- Spider-Man 2 E3 Trailer
- Jak 2 E3 demo
- Dragon Ball Z stuff
- BlazBlue stuff
- Silverfall
- Final Fantasy II
- Metal Gear Acid
- Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
- Silent Hill Origins
- Persona 3 Portable
- FIFA 11
- Guilty Gear XX Core Plus
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Gensan
- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Impact
- Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles
- FFVII Crisis Core

He also says that they've got PS2 stuff donated alongside the PSP stuff. All of it is pre-production.

He says 60% PSP, so 40% PS2

He's working on a plan to dump *all of it*. This is HUGE. We're gonna see so much cut content! I'm so excited. This is like the Space World Pokémon stuff turned up to 11.

Last edited:

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that's wild. Glad they already seem to be taking steps to preserve all the data.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
Ooh. Hope the data miners find some interesting goodies hidden in those preproduction games.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
How does this even happen? Hopefully he gets this out there before the lawyers come knocking on his door

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully a significant amount of them aren't just early English localized versions, that Ridge Racer game probably is since it's dated after the Japanese launch. The E3 demos will probably be the most exciting.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
At leas hes actually preserving the contents and not giving them back to the companies in question for some good boy points.

yes im still mad about the starcraft disc

OP
OP

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
There was a Jak 2 E3 demo for the PSP? Was this ever shown publically? I don't recall that at all.

This is so exciting, can't wait to see what stuff data miners find from these.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Super pumped to see whatever he can dig up from Silent Hill Origins and MGS. Has to be tons of the content cut from Origins buried in this prototype build.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017
I missed his plan for dumping the PSP games - he updated a few hours ago. He has a PSP Go for personal use, but he's going to buy a regular PSP to hack so he can dump these himself.

Relieving tbh. I wouldn't trust sending these off to someone who would claim to dump them.

Also, a lot of the PSP games aren't even in the UMD plastic, just straight up UMD discs.

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
When was the last time something like this happened? I remember a dump with over a thousand Sega console games over 10 years ago.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017
The huge amount of FIFA discs makes sense - the OP is from England

When was the last time something like this happened? I remember a dump with over a thousand Sega console games over 10 years ago.
The closest in recent memory is the Pokémon Beta dump I guess?

Last edited:

Runwhiteboyrun

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully these are not just review copies with a few bytes being different. The Cutting Room Floor folks are gonna be busy.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017
Brand new update - he's going to get a list of stuff so we can see the quantity of what he's dealing with tomorrow

Hopefully these are not just review copies with a few bytes being different. The Cutting Room Floor folks are gonna be busy.
It would be pretty strange for reviewers to get stuff like E3 builds and preproduction builds for reviews.

EAGames

Feb 15, 2018
Anytime good finds like these turn up, the person who has them never does any good with them. I doubt he'll dump the discs for people online, which is a shame. I remember someone bought the Starcraft Source Code on eBay and just gave it back to Blizzard. Someone else had an original X-Box devkit and basically destroyed it because they thought the case would be cool for their gaming PC. Everytime someone finds something cool they just waste it so I don't get excited for these things anymore.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017
Anytime good finds like these turn up, the person who has them never does any good with them. I doubt he'll dump the discs for people online, which is a shame. I remember someone bought the Starcraft Source Code on eBay and just gave it back to Blizzard. Someone else had an original X-Box devkit and basically destroyed it because they thought the case would be cool for their gaming PC. Everytime someone finds something cool they just waste it so I don't get excited for these things anymore.
I dunno. Unlike those situations, this guy actually wants and has said he will dump them

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I tweeted this thread to Frank Cifaldi.

Someone like him getting involved would be awesome.

If he doesn't have the time, he probably knows someone who does.