• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
It's from a playtest that happened today, the reddit OP made the account to post it.
This obviously isn't meant to be seen by the public so don't judge graphics and other shit from these images.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/plxgin/redfall_playtest_images/
There's more in the imgur gallery.

gCSPVgh.jpeg

WKqvU0Q.png

i9CKYgx.png

J5jgOmb.png

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
User Banned (2 weeks): Drive-by, repeated history of infractions for console wars
Yikes

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I hope this is legitimately good cause right now it looks like it's up my alley. I know people here will likely use these images to make jokes about the graphics or whatever but it's clearly (or hopefully) still early on and the visuals can still be upgraded. I just hope they find ways to make the looting aspect interesting and not mindless like some other games that have a seemingly similar looting system. Right now though? I'm in and I'm gonna keep an open mind and just see how the official gameplay reveal is whenever that moment comes.

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
graphics look fine but the stuff in the UIs doesnt look great.. the loadout, gun stats, etc.. not my type. still holding out it will be good because i love arkane. i generally dislike "RPG shooters" like BL or Destiny.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Obviously it doesn't make a lot of sense trying to infer stuff from these screens but not much of this screams immersive sim, even down to the 3rd person perspective in parts.

Hopefully there are some denser environments with more verticality and multiple approaches.

Edit: oh fuck are there shlooter elements??? What the fuck. Interest basically zero now. That's the last gameplay system I want to deal with in an immersive sim.

Aug 13, 2019
Map, Mission, a compass at the top, is this an open-world game? It's looking more like Borderlands or Far Cry than Left 4 Dead.

Edit: Ah, open-world then. Okay.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Pretty interested in this, want to see more of a completed product. But I would so be down for a L4D/Borderlands type clone from Arkane. I'm not sure why people are shitting on this so much? The genre is dead? Where is the evidence for this?

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
Pretty interested in this, want to see more of a completed product. But I would so be down for a L4D/Borderlands type clone from Arkane. I'm not sure why people are shitting on this so much? The genre is dead? Where is the evidence for this?
I don't think the genre is dead, I just don't think its very fun :P I hope I'm proven wrong because I'm still gonna check out Redfall.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Not much to judge from a pre-alpha playtest, aside from the fact that it looks like it might be an Arkane take on something like Borderlands - which sounds exciting to me - but then I remember I'm kind tired of vampires, so my hype is tempered.

PandemicOdin

Oct 31, 2020
This looks really good for a game coming out next year. I've played Betas that look worse than this. Really hope the reddit guy knows what he was doing because lemme tell you, the lawsuit that can come from this, Microsoft's lawyers are not ones you want on your tail lol

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Looks pretty solid from the leaks, lighting issues aside. Not a huge fan of the art style but it is what it is.

Still not entirely sold on a big open world co-op GAAS game, but Arkane made some of the best games last generation and I have faith they'll nail the gameplay and progression. I definitely dig the fact that there are seemingly going to be a lot of customization options as well, hopefully with some crazy powers too.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna need to see the loot system before passing judgement. Too many looter shooters have gotten it wrong before with shallow "numbers go up" style systems.

Oct 27, 2017
Obviously graphics aren't gonna be great at this stage but I'm just not a fan of the art direction here. I think I just don't vibe with Arkane's muddy cartoon look.

OP
OP
Uzupedro

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Someone asked them about what they felt from what they played:

Q: What would you rate the game based on this very early build?

A: If you like borderlands-style hero looter shooters, I'd say it'll be about a 7-8 out of 10 once finished, barring any significant changes or bugs between now and launch

Q: What if I like arkane games?, how would it stack up to their previous games?

A: The heros each have unique abilities which are reminiscent of those found in games like Dishonored. Beyond that its closer to Borderlands-style looter shooter

Q: What are your problems with it? Excluding bugs and the graphics not being ready.

A: I'm personally not a fan of looter shooters, and the core gameplay loop is essentially Borderlands. Beyond that its a very solid game, though some weapons are harder to get used to than others, like the Stake Launcher, and the game-specific mechanics are a bit obtuse.

I wouldn't recommend taking it at face value since this is just an opinion after all.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Open world immersive Sim with friends is gonna be the GOTY.

Arkane are the best level designers in the industry.

sku

Feb 11, 2018
if this is gonna be a looter shooter this better be the best one I've ever played

In a game like that I'll usually run around with friends rather than take time to explore, so any godlike level design from Arkane will probably get lost in the wash

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Someone asked them about what they felt from what they played:

Q: What would you rate the game based on this very early build?

A: If you like borderlands-style hero looter shooters, I'd say it'll be about a 7-8 out of 10 once finished, barring any significant changes or bugs between now and launch

A: The heros each have unique abilities which are reminiscent of those found in games like Dishonored. Beyond that its closer to Borderlands-style looter shooter

Q: What are your problems with it? Excluding bugs and the graphics not being ready.

A: I'm personally not a fan of looter shooters, and the core gameplay loop is essentially Borderlands. Beyond that its a very solid game, though some weapons are harder to get used to than others, like the Stake Launcher, and the game-specific mechanics are a bit obtuse.

I wouldn't recommend taking it at face value since this is just an opinion after all.
Arkane Borderlands? Interesting. Hope they show some official footage soon.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021

Grain of salt obviously but if true this is probably the first arkane game I skip. The thought of an open world immersive sim playground is awesome (and maybe deathloop is most of the way there), but if the gameplay has a core "loop" to it that's quite disappointing. My favorite part of games like Prey was that it felt like there wasn't a predictable core loop beyond explore and find things, encounter quests along the way, and drink in all the environmental storytelling and secrets.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Yeh that looks pre alpha alright.

And that Q & A from a tester above... it's difficult to take it for what it is the dude isnt even into this genre. Its like asking me to rate a racing game (I dislike them personally).

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
good example why most companies don't show gameplay until close to release

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Looter Shooter with good gameplay in a modern vampire setting? I like the sound of it. Graphics don't look great but I wouldn't expect them to at this stage and they are at least clean.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly doesn't look that bad considering it's in a state not meant to be shown to the public. Would personally prefer a player created character instead of preset heroes in a looter shooter.

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reddit post says this is more borderlands than dishonered...Don't how I feel about this not being an immersive sim...gamepass though, so I'll give it a shot when it comes out.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Not having the love for Arkane games that others do, I'm still on board to see more about this. I'm down with a more straight forward, meat n' potatoes shooter so long as the gunplay feels good and the characters are endearing.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
Yeh that looks pre alpha alright.

And that Q & A from a tester above... it's difficult to take it for what it is the dude isnt even into this genre. Its like asking me to rate a racing game (I dislike them personally).

You can still tell people that the racing game is not a first person shooter though.

Of course, this is just one person's perspective of an alpha play test but seeing Borderlands mentioned more than Dishonored or Prey sucks as someone who loved the latter two and has no interest in the first.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
Borderlands and Left 4 Dead isn't what I want from Arkane, I hope this turns out to be pretty good eventually but I'm kinda hoping another third team is working on something else there.