• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
rlmlogo85se9.png
RedLetterMedia, LLC is an American film and video production company operated by independent filmmakers Mike Stoklasa (formerly of GMP Pictures) and Jay Bauman (formerly of Blanc Screen Cinema). The company was formed by Stoklasa in 2004 while living in Scottsdale, Arizona, but is now based in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin. Stoklasa himself attracted significant attention in 2009, through a 70-minute video review of the 1999 film Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace. The review was posted in seven parts on YouTube, and presented by his character "Harry S. Plinkett". While Stoklasa had published other video reviews of several Star Trek films prior to this, The Phantom Menace and subsequent Star Wars prequel reviews were praised for both content and presentation.

Stoklasa has produced other works under the RedLetterMedia banner, including short comedies and web series (The Grabowskis); several review-based web series (including Half in the Bag, Best of the Worst and re:View); and concert, wedding, and corporate videos. His low-budget features have been largely horror and comedy, and have included Feeding Frenzy, The Recovered, Oranges: Revenge of the Eggplant and Space Cop. Bauman, who had directed Stoklasa in several low-budget features under the Blanc Screen Cinema banner, has been a director and producer working with him on most of his projects. In addition, Stoklasa has employed colleague Rich Evans to be a full-time actor and stagehand for their projects

73w1mjry7syz.png
7xhjtgzztsp5.png

x7hrq8i19u04.jpg
et80we8unuzm.jpg

Links below don't work anymore, post website redesign. Keeping it up for posterity because these videos are out there...somewhere!

Plinkett Review Trailers and Updates
Phantom Menace Teaser
Attack of the Clones Review Trailer
New Review Up (Baby's Day Out)
The New Review!!! (Star Trek '09)
Merry Christmas
The Next Review Trailer…(Episode III Review Teaser)
Episode 3 Review is now up…
Plinkett's Next Review (Cop Dog)
Revenge of Nadine Trailer
Mr. Plinkett Updates and More!
Rise of the Plinkett ad
Mr. Plinkett's Star Wars: A New Hope Commentary Track now available!
Mr. Plinkett's Star Trek V Commentary
The Plinkett Awakens
George Lucas Salad Unboxing Video #1
The Next Plinkett Review (Ghostbusters 2016)

Plinkett Review Extras
Phantom Menace Review Interview Outtakes
Mr. Plinkett's Star Wars Episode II Outtakes
Behind the Scenes – Star Wars: Episode III Review Teaser Trailer
Behind the Scenes: Mr. Plinkett's Star Wars Episode III review

Mr. Plinkett's Titanic Review Behind the Scenes

Last edited:
OP
OP
Skiptastic

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Half in the Bag is a regularly released series in which Stoklasa and Bauman do more traditional movie reviews. Stoklasa has described it as a cross between Siskel and Ebert and a 1980s sitcom, with himself and Bauman as Lightning Fast VCR Repair employees who discuss newly released movies, as well as some cult classics, comic book conventions, and other film projects they engage in.

A regularly released series in which members of RedLetterMedia watch and review several tapes/discs which they expect will be terrible. After the viewing parties, a rotating panel of four people affiliated with RedLetterMedia sit and discuss what they have just watched. Panels typically consist of any combination of Mike Stoklasa, Jay Bauman, Rich Evans, Jack Packard, Jessi Nakles, their friend Josh (The Wizard), and/or special guests.

On May 24, 2016, the company released the first episode of a new series called "re:View". Compared to the company's other shows, the format is a much more stripped down and straight forward approach to film critique. Two members of RedLetterMedia sit in front of a red curtain and offer thoughts and insight on a "classic" film such as Tremors, Eraserhead, and Ghostbusters. Clips of the film being discussed are interwoven, typically to lend emphasis to a specific point being made, or to showcase some of the most memorable moments from the film.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Skiptastic

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

A regularly released series in which members of RedLetterMedia watch and review several tapes/discs which they expect will be terrible. After the viewing parties, a rotating panel of four people affiliated with RedLetterMedia sit and discuss what they have just watched. Panels typically consist of any combination of Mike Stoklasa, Jay Bauman, Rich Evans, Jack Packard, Jessi Nakles, their friend Josh (The Wizard), and/or special guests.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Skiptastic

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

On May 24, 2016, the company released the first episode of a new series called "re:View". Compared to the company's other shows, the format is a much more stripped down and straight forward approach to film critique. Two members of RedLetterMedia sit in front of a red curtain and offer thoughts and insight on a "classic" film such as Tremors, Eraserhead, and Ghostbusters. Clips of the film being discussed are interwoven, typically to lend emphasis to a specific point being made, or to showcase some of the most memorable moments from the film.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Skiptastic

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Okay go ahead and post now if you'd like. I'll have everything updated tomorrow if possible. This weekend at the latest.

Oct 25, 2017
ENDLESS TRASH!

They should do a HitB on The Snowman, or Geostorm, or Boo 2 Tyler Perry farts around for 2 hours.

Sylar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Besides the Star Wars stuff, what do you guys reccomend to watch / listen to to "get" into RLM?

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was in a meeting today and off handedly said "very cool" and the person running it said "very cool" in response. Made me miss this thread.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Besides the Star Wars stuff, what do you guys reccomend to watch / listen to to "get" into RLM?

The Darth Vader's suit video, Star Wars Holiday Special "discussion," Terminator Genisys Scientist Man video, "Fuck you, It's January" videos, Half in the Bag, and Best of the Worst.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Hello there! I look forward to finding out about their new content here an hour before I'd ever notice it myself!

I also think this thread is very cool.

OP
OP
Skiptastic

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you want to suggest a better OT is name, feel free. I didn't want to duplicate the other one so I came up with this. Kind of captures the spirit of RLM overall, from Plinkett to HitB to BotW lol.

OP
OP
Skiptastic

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh and if someone wants to make a Pre Rec |OT| over in the Video Games Hangout section, be my guest. I'm not 100% sure I'll update that part here but I can give you the code for what I have so far and can give you my "process" to ignore or continue as you see fit.

I know it's technically part of RLM but I see it as its own separate thing.

Oct 25, 2017
Reserved for future updates (aka tomorrow).

PLEASE WAIT UNTIL POST #5 BEFORE POSTING SO I CAN SET UP THE DIFFERENT SECTIONS PROPERLY!!!

Reserved for Half in the Bag section

Reserved for Best of the Worst section

Reserved for re:View section

Reserved for Audio Commentaries

Quality OP fitting for a group of hack frauds. Flawless execution.